Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

10 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Could you imagine if one of the debate moderators next year asked Trump and Warren to name their favorite Bible verse? 

*Liz accurately quotes a verse and looks proud of herself*

*Trump rambles about the Bible in general and how important and special it is*

*zero point zero percent of Christians in America are swayed from their original positions on the two candidates*

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I wish she hadn't sang that racially insensitive song - white, black, red and yellow.  I believe Roy Moore quoted that song in a press statement during his Senate campaign. 

Yuck. 

Important question: Did she sing it as "yerrow" with her front teeth stuck out? Because that's how a cousin of mine used to do it when we were kids.

That 8-year-old brat is CANCELLED

[edit]

Uh... isn't it "red, yellow, black, and white"?? lol

Edited by bad_teammate

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

If she did it like your cousin, that would just be her formerly Republican side bubbling to the surface. /s

Either that or she is moving left too fast and she crashed into Irony Dirtbag Left territory where white podcasters do ironic racisms. Either way, it would be hilarious.

"Jesus loves all the children of the world"?? That's not it. IT'S THE NAME OF THE SONG, LIZ!

Looks like she needs a plan to study a children's hymnal.

I don't know the history behind this song, but it was one we sang in Sunday school when I was little. I just looked it up. It was written by a Yankee preacher (Clare Herbert Woolston)and set to music written by George F. Root for the tune 'Tramp, Tramp, Tramp' (We go a Marching), sung by foot soldiers during the Civil War. It was hard to find out much about Clare, but this link had a few pics and a rather interesting essay. Read it if you have three minutes or so: http://www.paraphiliamagazine.com/periodical/red-and-yellow-black-and-white-clarence-herbert-woolston-writes-a-standard/

Here are all the lyrics to the song, but the refrain is what is taught to children:

"Jesus calls the children dear,
Come to Me and never fear,
For I love the little children of the world;
I will take you by the hand,
Lead you to the better land,
For I love the little children of the world.

Refrain

Jesus loves the little children,
All the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white,
All are precious in His sight,   Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Jesus is the Shepherd true,
And He’ll always stand by you,
For He loves the little children of the world;

He’s a Savior great and strong,
And He’ll shield you from the wrong,
For He loves the little children of the world.

Refrain

I am coming, Lord, to Thee,
And Your soldier I will be,
For You love the little children of the world;
And Your cross I’ll always bear,
And for You I’ll do and dare,
For You love the little children of the world.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Punctuation

Here is a version of "Tramp, Tramp, Tramp," I know I am going off topic of Liz, so please forgive my indulgence into the backstory of how we came to this point.

The lyrics are below:

In the prison cell I sit,

Thinking Mother dear of you,

And our bright and happy home so far away,

And the tears they fill my eyes

Spite of all that I can do

Though I try to cheer my comrades and be gay.

Chorus: Tramp! tramp! tramp!

The boys are marching

Cheer up comrades, They will come.

And beneath the starry flag

We shall breathe the air again

Of the free land in our own beloved home.

In the battle front we stood

When their fiercest charge they made,

And they swept us off a hundred men or more;

But before we reached their lines

They were beaten back, dismayed,

And we heard the cry of vict'ry o'er and o'er.

So within the prison cell

We are waiting for the day

That shall come to open wide the iron door;

And the hollow eye grows bright

And the poor heart almost gay

As we think of seeing home and friends once more.

13 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"I'm going to assume it's a guy" is a completely fatuous, identitarian BS line. 51% of white women voted for Trump in 2016 and women are only ~6-10% more woke than men on the issue of same-sex marriage. Men are actually more accepting of lesbian relationships than women.

Straight, white feminism, man... smh

150901-kim-davis-kentucky-clerk-511p_4cd

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"I'm going to assume it's a guy" is a completely fatuous, identitarian BS line. 51% of white women voted for Trump in 2016 and women are only ~6-10% more woke than men on the issue of same-sex marriage. Men are actually more accepting of lesbian relationships than women.

Straight, white feminism, man... smh

150901-kim-davis-kentucky-clerk-511p_4cd

Oh shut the fuck up and go back to sucking Bernie's dick you obvious troll.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Oh shut the fuck up and go back to sucking Bernie's dick you obvious troll

I have written him dozens of letters in increasingly illegible script asking to do this but have not yet received a response.

(Also, doing the "AM I RIGHT, LADIES!?" shtick at an LGBTQIA+ conference is stupid, dismissive, and a purposeful attempt to whitewash the huge role women in powerful groups (white, straight, etc...) have had in oppressing the LGBTQIA+ population. I can understand that you might not care to think about this kind of stuff, but some of us do.)

3 minutes ago, BNB said:

If i had a long prison sentence I would really consider becoming transgendered.

No, you wouldn't.

She could have done better but the wording of the question was awful.   The question made it sound like any crime against a trans would be an automatic hate crime regardless of the circumstances. 

Like what if the crime had nothing to do with the victim being trans? 

Question should have been worded like this:

”Should transgender people have hate crime protection under the law like other vulnerable minority populations?”

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Jesus loves the little children song is racist. What a world. 

Read the thread.

I have zero problem with her having sung the song in the past or even singing the song now. But let's not argue that our perspective (white) is THE perspective on this.

It seems fine when sung by whites among a bunch of whites, but the idea of a non-white kid standing in a sea of white people singing it... eh... maybe not. Like, what's the purpose of even making the racial distinction in the lyrics? To show how big-hearted Jesus is that he even loves the non-whites? To point out that Jesus is better than the overall racist society?

If your reaction as a white person is to just throw your hands up when non-whites challenge long-standing white culture... congratulations, you're a conservative.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Jesus loves the little children song is racist. What a world. 

I'm not a Christian and never heard it before, but it would definitely be racially insensitive to sing these days.  That said, it seemed fine to me in context, which was recounting how it was taught to her as a child 60+ years ago and instilled a positive message. 

Didn't address it earlier, but why the hell would Liz assume that the person asking her about anti-trans hate crimes would be talking about crimes not relating to their trans identity? Does she think LGBT advocates want hate crimes charges pressed against someone who steals their cars or their phones?

The assumption in that question is that it would be related to their identity. Assuming otherwise imparts some pretty weird motivations on the LGBT.

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Nice job posting twitter trolls now. 

You could address the content of the arguments. That's an option.

She's the frontrunner now. People are paying attention.

21 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Didn't address it earlier, but why the hell would Liz assume that the person asking her about anti-trans hate crimes would be talking about crimes not relating to their trans identity? Does she think LGBT advocates want hate crimes charges pressed against someone who steals their cars or their phones?

The assumption in that question is that it would be related to their identity. Assuming otherwise imparts some pretty weird motivations on the LGBT.

You could address the content of the arguments. That's an option.

She's the frontrunner now. People are paying attention.

Both of these things are true. The question was obviously related to identity-motivated crimes. 

3 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Trump supporter at a town hall asking a question:  "PRESIDENT TRUMP CAN WE BURN ALL THE NIGGERS AND FAGGOTS?"
Trump: "Yeah sure whatever"

Surlyhorn Democratic Caucus: *Continues arguing about whether or not Warren was too wishy washy in support of trans rights*

Why are you even looking inside of these threads?

• Like 1