2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

I don't know that it would have changed the outcome of the series, but the Heat desperately miss Dragic offensively. They look lost and a bit overwhelmed when anyone but Butler has the ball. They badly need a floor general out there. They could use his 20ppg too.

Edited by BradInATX

LeBron James school of fouls:

Defender doesn't touch you: Complain loudly to the refs

Defender makes light contact: Flail like you were shot out of a cannon, complain to refs

Defender actually lays a good clean foul on you: Try to fight defender and act like he shot your first born child

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

LeBron James school of fouls:

Defender doesn't touch you: Complain loudly to the refs

Defender makes light contact: Flail like you were shot out of a cannon, complain to refs

Defender actually lays a good clean foul on you: Try to fight defender and act like he shot your first born child

That's some weak sauce man. He probably gets fouled around the basket almost as much as Shaq. But he actually tries to make the shot and doesn't flail like he's been shot. Refs just chalk it up to he's "strong" so he doesn't get the call. 

I mean you did watch the game right? I don't think even a diehard heat fan would try to claim lebron got calls. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That's some weak sauce man. He probably gets fouled around the basket almost as much as Shaq. But he actually tries to make the shot and doesn't flail like he's been shot. Refs just chalk it up to he's "strong" so he doesn't get the call. 

I mean you did watch the game right? I don't think even a diehard heat fan would try to claim lebron got calls. 

I'm not even sure what your point of contention is. Are you saying he doesn't flail and complain and beg for calls constantly? If so, that's laughable.

Or are you saying that he didn't get a bunch of favorable calls tonight, which is an argument I didn't make?

LeBron was a badass tonight to close the game out. Hes actually making it easier to stomach this Lakers championship. He deserved another title.

He will still never be MJ, but that's okay. He's on a very short list for me and gun to my head I'd have to say he's the 2nd GOAT. 

21 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm not even sure what your point of contention is. Are you saying he doesn't flail and complain and beg for calls constantly? If so, that's laughable.

Or are you saying that he didn't get a bunch of favorable calls tonight, which is an argument I didn't make?

Yes, that's exacting what I'm saying. If you think he "flails" for calls, then you haven't watched the last 5 years or so of the NBA. 

If he "flailed" like Harden, Butler, etc, he'd get way more calls. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don't really understand some of Herro's decision making in this game. Passes out of a wide open 3 and on the same possession takes a much harder, more contested 3. Some poor turnovers. He needs to settle down and play within himself. Has to be driving Spo nuts.

He’s had 1 good game, 1 decent and the rest pretty bad games-shooting wise-since we crowned him the next coming of Larry bird.

He was taking some bad 2s tonight.

Also I think he either manscapes or pencils in his eyebrows and that bugs me about him

Yes, that's exacting what I'm saying. If you think he "flails" for calls, then you haven't watched the last 5 years or so of the NBA. 
If he "flailed" like Harden, Butler, etc, he'd get way more calls. 

Oh because it’s totally normal to be 55 for 55 when entering the 4th qtr with the lead. And didn’t the lakers have like 16 4th quarter fts before the lakers even committed a foul?

Lebron is as intimidating of specimen youll find in the league and is the posterboy for superstar treatment.

He’s committed 9 personal fouls in 155 total minutes played these finals. Basically 1 a half

In 5 games Vs Denver he had 9 total fouls in 182 minutes played, one ever 20 min played

179 and *gasp* 10 personal fouls vs Houston

164 and 8 vs Portland

I have to go back to 2016-2017 in a game vs the hawks that he had 6 personal fouls. 2 games between now and that game he had 5 personal fouls. All while playing like 35 MPG

He’s an amazing player but cmon, the lebron factor does impact how a ref is going to call a game.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Every superstar in history cries to the refs and gets away with things nobody else gets away with. Even my beloved Tim Duncan.

Except that time Crawford ejected him for laughing. Fuck that guy.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Oh because it’s totally normal to be 55 for 55 when entering the 4th qtr with the lead. And didn’t the lakers have like 16 4th quarter fts before the lakers even committed a foul?

Lebron is as intimidating of specimen youll find in the league and is the posterboy for superstar treatment.

He’s committed 9 personal fouls in 155 total minutes played these finals. Basically 1 a half

In 5 games Vs Denver he had 9 total fouls in 182 minutes played, one ever 20 min played

179 and *gasp* 10 personal fouls vs Houston

164 and 8 vs Portland

I have to go back to 2016-2017 in a game vs the hawks that he had 6 personal fouls. 2 games between now and that game he had 5 personal fouls. All while playing like 35 MPG

He’s an amazing player but cmon, the lebron factor does impact how a ref is going to call a game.

We’re discussing the lack of calls he gets on drives going to the basket. You saw it in the game last night with multiple contact to the head and uncalled fouls on his drives. 

He’s always been an extremely intelligent defender who rarely reaches or makes stupid defense plays. You’ll notice he doesn't even jump for many shot attempts when he’s guarding one on one. He’a aggressive going for blocks as a help defender and almost never fouls on those plays. It’s insane how he avoids contact, just ask iggy. 

So yea, sounds about right. Also earlier in the game, the Heat had 24 FT attempts to just 5 for the Lakers. Not surprising that the Lakers got aggressive and the calls evened out. 

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Every superstar in history cries to the refs and gets away with things nobody else gets away with. Even my beloved Tim Duncan.

Except that time Crawford ejected him for laughing. Fuck that guy.

Duncan was nowhere near LeBron. It's literally every time he misses a shot. It's gotten significantly worse over the last few years. Somehow during LeBron's attempt to turn himself into Michael Jordan mentally, he's decided that he's incapable of missing a shot and that if he does, he must have been fouled. It's obnoxious.

Let's not suddenly start pushing a narrative that LeBron isn't one of the worst call-beggars in the NBA. He absolutely is. Even Harden doesn't cry like he does.

Edited by BradInATX

29 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Butler needs to go full on Wade to get the Heat back in it and he decided to fall back last night for whatever reason.

LA started hanging off him almost to the foul line, daring him to take 3's. Makes driving to the basket extremely difficult, and really stagnates the offense when he's passing up wide open looks. I didn't realize how horrible he was from 3 this season (24%); he's bumped that up in playoffs, but clearly doesn't have confidence in his shot.

28 minutes ago, d2o said:

This guy.........

You are giving Skip what he wants. Attention and promotion. He plays a villain and causes controversy and does it well. I follow him on Twitter for this reason. He riles people up. I mean this comment makes absolutely no sense and is idiotic but he knows this and knows he will get replies, promotion and some will tune into his show to see what the hell he means. Skip got his feelings hurt every round Lebron advanced. Especially when the Clippers blew the series against Denver and the Lakers got to play them instead of LAC. Every single day he cried about it and how Lebron has a cakewalk to the Finals. He said LAC was easily the best team and would have beaten the Lakers. He desperately wants Lebron to fail. As do many. He is playing to the crowd.

Winning a ring hurts your legacy? Lmao. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Duncan was nowhere near LeBron. It's literally every time he misses a shot. It's gotten significantly worse over the last few years. Somehow during LeBron's attempt to turn himself into Michael Jordan mentally, he's decided that he's incapable of missing a shot and that if he does, he must have been fouled. It's obnoxious.

Let's not suddenly start pushing a narrative that LeBron isn't one of the worst call-beggars in the NBA. He absolutely is. Even Harden doesn't cry like he does.

Well damn, i wish Tom Herman would be more like fucking lebron then.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

We’re discussing the lack of calls he gets on drives going to the basket. You saw it in the game last night with multiple contact to the head and uncalled fouls on his drives. 

There's definitely an uncalled foul on this drive.

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen

31 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

There's definitely an uncalled foul on this drive.

That was a flop.   They showed it from the other angle later.  As was the one by Caruso that was called a foul on Butler.   Both Caruso and Herro acted like they got shot.

Edited by d2o

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Butler hip checked the shit outta Caruso a few times too, it was hilarious.

Yeah he did.   He is very sneaky with elbowing and pushing of guys on his drives.    He elbowed the shit out a couple guys in the BOS series on drives and they werent called.

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

LeBron was a badass tonight to close the game out. Hes actually making it easier to stomach this Lakers championship. He deserved another title.

He will still never be MJ, but that's okay. He's on a very short list for me and gun to my head I'd have to say he's the 2nd GOAT. 

But remember when he might not be the best player on his team tho?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Fify

That's cool, man. I don't have a problem with people that think Steph was better than KD - even though I think they're wrong. I don't think LeBron/AD is as clear cut. If you think it is then power to you but I'm not sure what you'd be basing it on. Unless you really value assists and defensive rebounds, which is fine, Russell Westbrook won an MVP that way.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That's cool, man. I don't have a problem with people that think Steph was better than KD - even though I think they're wrong. I don't think LeBron/AD is as clear cut. If you think it is then power to you but I'm not sure what you'd be basing it on. Unless you really value assists and defensive rebounds, which is fine, Russell Westbrook won an MVP that way.

I don't know man. Maybe taking over games when the momentum is against you. Timely steals. Timely shots. Almost always making the right play. Hitting people perfectly in their shooting pockets with passes. Seemingly always able to get the best out of guys like KCP and Caruso. Leading 4 different teams, 4 different coaches, 2 different conferences, and umpteen different rosters to the finals 10 times, sometimes dragging them. Analytics are one thing. Seeing how a player affects the people around him is another.

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Leading 4 different teams, 4 different coaches, 2 different conferences, and umpteen different rosters to the finals 10 times, sometimes dragging them

What the fuck does that have to do with 2020? Did you miss where I said gun to my head he's the 2nd greatest player ever? Go find a stump to argue to. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

What the fuck does that have to do with 2020? Did you miss where I said gun to my head he's the 2nd greatest player ever? Go find a stump to argue to. 

I have him number 2 as well. That said I think AD is proving he’s the best player in the league during this series and playoffs.