2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm enjoying his brick laying a little too much. He went through these stretches with the spurs but at least he had a few games where he completely went off. He's stinking up the joint right now. Wide fucking open and not even close. 

He fucking stinks!!    And he as a player opt for something like 16M next yr

11 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

He has elevated his game.

Yeah - he's 27. I'm sure he's learned a lot from LeBron but he's been a first team all NBA player for awhile now. Giving LeBron credit for AD's play seems like a bad ESPN morning show take. 

*Especially in a series where he completely overwhelms anyone Miami can throw out there. 

Edited by ztejas

On 10/3/2020 at 12:55 AM, washparkhorn said:

AD has elevated LBJ's game as he ages. 

He agreed to go to LA if LBJ agreed to play defense this year.  

He has played enough D to make AD happy. 

Glad the Asterisk Season is winding down. Next year will be a gas.

Saw an article yesterday talking about how guys on the team were shocked that AD would call out LeBron in practice when he would get lazy or miss a rotation. They had never seen anyone do that before. And LeBron would just swallow his pride and admit it.

also, LeBron bitches way too much to the refs. Jesus shut up dude. you bully your way to the basket and then bitch when you fall down. 

And he still only averages about 2 fouls a game despite 40 min per game.

You must be referring to when he and jimmy collided in air and Jimmy “chicken winged” him to create contacts despite it being a legit basketball move.

Butler willed them to a win tonight. That was one of the most impressive performances I have ever seen in a Finals game, especially considering they were down two of their best players. Even though I am a Lakers fan you gotta give that man his due for tonight. I was watching  the game with a Sixers fan and he said he wished they had let Embiid go and found a way to keep Butler. He was just nails tonight.

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Has anyone in NBA history had a bigger image makeover in the span of a couple of months than Jimmy Butler?

Well it all goes back to being given an unearned and undeserved image. He has shown he was right about every team he left. Every single one had a worse record the following season without him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

And he still only averages about 2 fouls a game despite 40 min per game.

You must be referring to when he and jimmy collided in air and Jimmy “chicken winged” him to create contacts despite it being a legit basketball move.

not one play specifically, just the numerous times he drive in for a layup and looks or complains "come on" to the ref over and over again. I mean everyone does it, don't get me wrong, he just does it more bitchlike

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Butler willed them to a win tonight. That was one of the most impressive performances I have ever seen in a Finals game, especially considering they were down two of their best players. Even though I am a Lakers fan you gotta give that man his due for tonight. I was watching  the game with a Sixers fan and he said he wished they had let Embiid go and found a way to keep Butler. He was just nails tonight.

yes, tremendous game from him

So Butler had 40 points, 12 assists, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals.

Pretty impressive. Just a little 40 point trip dub in the "Finals".

But... his most impressive number on the night was that he played 45 minutes. That is some workhorse, junkyard dog, hold-my-dick championship level energy and commitment.

I'll have to tune in for game 4. Lakers just got punched in the mouth. Should be interesting, especially if the Heat get BamBam back.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

But... his most impressive number on the night was that he played 45 minutes. That is some workhorse, junkyard dog, hold-my-dick championship level energy and commitment.

I'll have to tune in for game 4. Lakers just got punched in the mouth. Should be interesting, especially if the Heat get BamBam back.

He played 45 in game 2 as well.     Needless to say, it was an incredible game from him.    He was abusing whoever guarded him.   Surprised that LBJ didn't take him like he did with Murray.

The Lakers played terribly.  They've depended way too much on 3 pt shooting.    Those first couple games where they shot well had them gassed up.  They turned the ball over like crazy.  AD got a couple of rough calls early too and he was non-existent when he was actually on the floor.   I don't expect them to play that poorly again

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

His shooting efficiency is what stood out.  It's quite simply an amazing championship performance.  One of those great performances which probably will be forgotten because it's in the middle of a series and they're most likely going to lose.  He carried them this game and got some help from Olynyk.  The others shot like shit but Jimmy wouldn't let them lose.  Bravo.  I'm skeptical he duplicate such efficiency so he'll need other guys to step up their games.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The II or III? I'm not sure which would be better.

Actually a good question but I'm pretty sure its the elder Lucas

EDIT:  Yep

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259782/John-Lucas-Emerges-As-Candidate-For-Rockets-Head-Coaching-Job

John Lucas has emerged as a candidate for the Houston Rockets in their coaching search.

Lucas has previously been a head coach with the San Antonio Spurs, Philadelphia 76ers and Cleveland Cavaliers. 

Lucas has worked for the Rockets since 2016 as player development coach and has strong working relationships with James Harden and Russell Westbrook.

Edited by d2o