Trump's Trade War

F250

(CNN)President Donald Trump on Saturday said he wanted to see the elimination of trade barriers between the United States and its closest allies amid tensions over the Trump administration's move to impose steep tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from the EU, Canada and Mexico.

Speaking during an impromptu news conference at the G7 summit in Canada on Saturday, Trump said his ultimate goal was the elimination of all trade duties.
"Ultimately that's what you want," he said. "You want a tariff free. You want no barriers. And you want no subsidies. Because you have some cases where countries are subsidizing industries and that's not fair."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/09/politics/trump-g7-tariffs-trade/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump on Saturday said he wanted to see the elimination of trade barriers between the United States and its closest allies amid tensions over the Trump administration's move to impose steep tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from the EU, Canada and Mexico.

Speaking during an impromptu news conference at the G7 summit in Canada on Saturday, Trump said his ultimate goal was the elimination of all trade duties. "Ultimately that's what you want," he said. "You want a tariff free. You want no barriers. And you want no subsidies. Because you have some cases where countries are subsidizing industries and that's not fair."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/09/politics/trump-g7-tariffs-trade/index.html

Ummm....does anyone want to break the bad news to Dolemite, Trump, and the Trumpkins (side note: worst band EVER) about US subsidies? Including industries Trump is bitching about being subject to tariffs?
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Id love to see the looks on the faces of the Trumpkins when they heard Donnie wants to ditch subsidies. 

They think that “subsidies” = free money given to poors.   $$$$$ going to US companies and industries = MAGA.

Pretty sure plenty of farmers know exactly what subsidies are and how they apply to them. 

Yeah, but as they fall into financial ruin, at least they will have told the world who’s boss! Build the wall! Maga! And they’ll drink those sweet libtears, which makes poverty all worthwhile!

Rational thought has zero to do with supporting trump.

LOL at expecting congress to do their fucking job. 

Personally, I hope that the rest of the world unites to wage a comprehensive, effective trade war against the US.

At this point, we’re like an occupied country. We need foreign powers to help us get rid of the yoke of our own making. And obviously, it’s going to take excruciating pain for Americans to realize that.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Personally, I hope that the rest of the world unites to wage a comprehensive, effective trade war against the US.

Of course you do.  This traitor thing, it's all very complex. 

Edited by Anastasis

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

LOL at expecting congress to do their fucking job. 

Maybe it's something we should be considering. I except nothing from congress, and yet I'm still disappointed. That doesn't mean I can't support ideas because I see no political inertia for them. 

Maybe it's something we should be considering. I except nothing from congress, and yet I'm still disappointed. That doesn't mean I can't support ideas because I see no political inertia for them. 

We don’t have a legislative branch. Haven’t in a long time. It’s been a ticking time bomb ready to be exploited by a tyrannical dickbag. Time’s up. Boom.

We saved many of our allies from bouts of tyrannical stupidity back in the day. Time for them to return the favor. Like them back then, we’re too fucking deranged to save ourselves.

By saved, you mean shot them in the fucking forehead. You are wishing the same against Americans because you want to wallow in histrionics. Cheers, true patriot. 

By saved, you mean shot them in the fucking forehead. You are wishing the same against Americans because you want to wallow in histrionics. Cheers, true patriot. 

Naaah. We have a low pain tolerance. Cut off our supply of iPhones, we’ll fold in a week

But as for the Nazis among us...I’ve shared my thoughts. We have a proven means of dealing with them.

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That has been happening already for a long time.

Yeah, they’ve really crippled us, so badly that we’ve become the richest country on earth.

I don't know.  I work with a lot of Euros.  They seem to go off planet for most of July and August and a good portion of the rest of the year.  Seems like they got a pretty rich existence living under the umbrella of protection provided by our military industrial complex. 

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

At this point, we’re like an occupied country. We need foreign powers to help us get rid of the yoke of our own making. And obviously, it’s going to take excruciating pain for Americans to realize that.

Wont happen. Our corporations are far more powerful than our govt.  So much so that they aren't even "ours" anymore really.  They operate everywhere, have much more expertise than our govt agencies, and can retreat into any country or countries of their choosing.

Trump, the President of the US, is completely irrelevant. We need someone to better play the role, but it's now become just a role. If you want to know who holds real power, get to know those who control Silicon Valley and Defense Industry corporations. 

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't know.  I work with a lot of Euros.  They seem to go off planet for most of July and August and a good portion of the rest of the year.  Seems like they got a pretty rich existence living under the umbrella of protection provided by our military industrial complex. 

That was our own doing.  They have MAD now too. Why should they spend needless money on defense just because we do? The days of real powers clashing conventionally are over. Who gives a fuck about the middle east? We will buy oil from any shitstain who is selling and theyll all sell.  We need to cut our defense spending in half at least. Just because we waste a ton of money on something, it doesnt mean its providing protection to anyone any longer. Europe can defend itself already. So can Japan and South Korea. With no additional spending on their part. Europe should kick us out of NATO and see what we do. 

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Our military industrial complex exists and helps protect other countries to turn a profit for the defense industries and to protect American business interests. 

Sure, we like to pretend we are the guardians of freedom, but for the most part, outside of direct national security threats (Middle East, Africa), we like to deploy where American companies have a lot of money invested. 

13 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

We need to cut our defense spending in half at least. Just because we waste a ton of money on something, it doesnt mean its providing protection to anyone any longer. Europe can defend itself already. So can Japan and South Korea. With no additional spending on their part. 

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Our military industrial complex exists and helps protect other countries to turn a profit for the defense industries and to protect American business interests. 

Sure, we like to pretend we are the guardians of freedom, but for the most part, outside of direct national security threats (Middle East, Africa), we like to deploy where American companies have a lot of money invested. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Of course, the answer ...should be - wild idea here - we should spend less.

I totally agree with all these comments in my total traitor traitorness. 

35 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

That was our own doing.  They have MAD now too. Why should they spend needless money on defense just because we do? The days of real powers clashing conventionally are over. Who gives a fuck about the middle east? We will buy oil from any shitstain who is selling and theyll all sell.  We need to cut our defense spending in half at least. Just because we waste a ton of money on something, it doesnt mean its providing protection to anyone any longer. Europe can defend itself already. So can Japan and South Korea. With no additional spending on their part. Europe should kick us out of NATO and see what we do. 

That would crater our economy. Defense spending is responsible for the nation's largest government subsidized jobs program.

That would crater our economy. Defense spending is responsible for the nation's largest government subsidized jobs program.

How about we turn Bob the tank builder into Bob the aging-infrastructure repairman? Naaah. That would actually help people. Blowing shit up all over the world is so much cooler.

How about we turn Bob the tank builder into Bob the aging-infrastructure repairman? Naaah. That would actually help people. Blowing shit up all over the world is so much cooler.

And far more profitable.