Trump's Trade War

F250

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You know Caillou is dead right?  Cancer (hence the bald head).  That’s why clouds surround most of the scenes and why his grandma is narrating most of it  

The whole cartoon is his grandma telling his little sister about things he did when he was alive.  His little sister was only like 3 when he died.

jesus christ, i could've done without knowing that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Wow, everyone, Sen. John Cornyn has “some unease”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornyn must not realize that the market thrives off of uncertainty and havoc.

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You know Caillou is dead right?  Cancer (hence the bald head).  That’s why clouds surround most of the scenes and why his grandma is narrating most of it  

The whole cartoon is his grandma telling his little sister about things he did when he was alive.  His little sister was only like 3 when he died.

If this is true it only strengthens my point. If you have died of childhood cancer and you are still that annoying in your own grandmother's wistful memories then imagine how much of an annoying little kid you were in real life.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He may be dead, but he's still a whiny little bitch on PBS.  Cancer probably makes you irritable though.

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus christ, i could've done without knowing that

It is not true.  Just another dumb internet rumor that people repeat as true.    This show was great, calms my wild ones down when we let them watch TV.   Now back to our regularly scheduled programming/bitching.

15 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Trump's NERO. He's gonna burn it all down, like Roseanne did.

Worst president ever.

Yes, the first president to be described as the worst and the one who is going to ruin the country. Haven’t heard that accusation against another sitting president in years. Like 2 or 3 years. And I did not realize that Rosanne had such influence on our Republic.

Trump is not a good president but lighten up with the hyperbole Francis. 

12 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Yes, the first president to be described as the worst and the one who is going to ruin the country. Haven’t heard that accusation against another sitting president in years. Like 2 or 3 years. And I did not realize that Rosanne had such influence on our Republic.

Who was worse?

7 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Yes it's hyperbolic, but Trump is quite clearly the worst POTUS since Harding and he's rapidly passing Warren G.

No, he really is historically awful. I’m sure there is an excellent argument for who takes 2nd, but this moron has 1st locked up convincingly. Frankly, he had a firm grasp on it 6 months in. Everything else is just confirmation.

Trump is now actively attempting to destroy the American economy. It’s what happens when someone with narcicistic personality disorder gets backed in a corner. He tries to take everyone else down with him to reduce them to his level. 

When it happens and the economy collapses he’ll blame Obama, Hillary, the Dems, and “deep state” Republicans and attempt to impose martial law and attempt to end the republic once and for all. He will be cheered on by co-conspirators Fox News, the NRA and others. 

Hope he doesn’t get away with it. 

40 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I am in Canada right now for work. People have been looking at me like WTF?

All I can say back is Trump and shrug my shoulders. Well then they just apologize for bringing it up in the first place.

But they respect us again, right???

4 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

he's going to place tariffs on blue states. Bank it . 

He's already raised taxes on the blue states for a good portion of the populace.  Why not take a dump on them again?  Teach them who to vote for!

20 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Gonna be interesting to watch how all the new Floridians via Puerto Rico will vote.

New Floridians from PR could easily turn Florida solid blue. They have more than enough numbers. They just have to bother to register and vote.

Get ready for Voter Fraud! hysteria from Florida GOP.

5 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

no shit. Fucking antagonize CANADA, the nicest people EVAR.  Holy crap. 

Who also happen to be our closest allies in the entire world. Our closest fucking allies.

2 hours ago, Newdoc said:

Trump is using the Hoover administration as a template to run our economy but the difference is Hoover was working with what he knew at the time. Trump despite all of the economic knowledge available, is doing his best to trash the global economy. This isn't hyperbole, he really is generating a shit ton of chaos in the global economy.

I realize the hysteria of a trade wars is the news of the day. But US equities markets, while down, certainly aren’t crashing. SP500 is still very high. Other indicators like unemployment and GDP growth while not robust are not terrible.

So I guess get back to me when either

1) The GOP gives a shit and starts taking action to restrict some of Trump’s chaos.

2) US equity markets fall something like 15-20%.

Until then it mostly seems like shrug your shoulders as this is just standard fare for our current president and nothing to get your day ruined. I imagine most of the pain of the actions we see today won’t be felt until much later down the road.

^^^
The above is not an endorsement of the current actions of the administration. Merely an acknowledgment that no powers that be are currently challenging Trump domestically.

I thought the Right loved the power of the free market? I also thought the right loved family values, law & order and hated Russia.

I thought the right were a buncha unprincipled lying hypocrites, and that's all I got right about them.

9 minutes ago, swraith said:

I realize the hysteria of a trade wars is the news of the day. But US equities markets, while down, certainly aren’t crashing. SP500 is still very high. Other indicators like unemployment and GDP growth while not robust are not terrible.

1) The GOP gives a shit and starts taking action to restrict some of Trump’s chaos.

Until then it mostly seems like shrug your shoulders as this is just standard fare for our current president and nothing to get your day ruined. I imagine most of the pain of the actions we see today won’t be felt until much later down the road.

^^^
The above is not an endorsement of the current actions of the administration. Merely an acknowledgment that no powers that be are currently challenging Trump domestically.

But they should be.  Who pisses away political and geopolitical long term power for short term gain?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fucking asshole.

I didn't need to know any of that shit

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Cali makes a lot of cheese and grows a lot of grapes.  But yeah...

My God, the only possible thing uglier than his soul or brain is his appearance.  Those aren't the tanlines of goggles.  Does he tan with a cat sleeping across his face?

49 minutes ago, swraith said:

^^^

S&P up about 5% since the last wave of trade war talk. And once this one dies down, as is the pattern, I think we are up in second half of year.  Or, it all goes to shit and everyone takes a big haircut. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7486301

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

http://anitasnotebook.com/2014/06/does-caillou-have-cancer-true-story-and-urban-legend-behind-caillou.html

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

S&P up about 5% since the last wave of trade war talk. And once this one dies down, as is the pattern, I think we are up in second half of year.  Or, it all goes to shit and everyone takes a big haircut. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7486301

Yes, but the point is, it's bad for business and business doesn't like it. Nobody does, it's a stupid antiquated practice which defies understanding of modern economics. Later he recants on most of it, like he does with all his decisions, and cuts side deals which benefit him.

It's all about him and he's a terrible business risk. His methodology doesn't work for others, certainly not in the long term. He'll be gone when his way crashes.