Champions League 2019-2020

maninblack

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Correct, but away goals still count.  So if both score the same number of goals, Atletico advances.

I think that it is complete horse shit that OT goals follow the away goals tie-breaker. It's completely random who ends up being the away team in the 2nd leg.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Napoleon said:

“Nuestras corazones y almas siempre están en la Mestalia”?

8 hours ago, WBT said:

Do you even Valencian, bro?  It's a dialect of Catalan.  

Els nostres cors i animes sempre estan a Mestalla

lona_de_mestalla.jpg

I did not know that...

LANGUAGES OF SPAIN

800px-Spain_languages.svg.png

• Valencian (variety of Catalan), co-official in the Valencian Community. Not all areas of the Valencian Community, however, are historically Valencian-speaking, particularly the western side. It is also spoken without official recognition in the municipality of CarcheMurcia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Spain

52 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah, castellano was the language of the fascist oppressors.  Visca Catalunya!

That much I knew, I just didn't know that Catalan spread so far south along the Mediterranean coast. It makes sense now that I think about it, but I thought that it was pretty much confined to the province/state of Catalunya.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

UEFA have announced that the 2019/20 Champions League will be completed as a straight knockout mini-tournament in Lisbon over a 12-day period in August, with the 2020 final to be played in the Portuguese capital on Sunday 23 August.

https://www.fotmob.com/embed/news/6626728-uefa-confirms-plans-to-finish-2019-20-champions-league-europa-league-seasons-01eb18jn7f5d

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

So what is the downside to cheating all the time as much as possible? Besides still not winning the actual trophy?

I hope you non city fans are pulling for Madrid next month at least for 1 game.

No way we gain any EPL fans (99% of soccer followers here) to cheer for Madrid. 

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Wrong. I hate City more than I hate Madrid (except for Ramos. I hope he gets a red card in the first 5 minutes)

Lol. It’s funny that you mention this. He already got the red card and won’t play. Now you’ll really cheer for Madrid.