Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Machinator

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Thank God.

Yep, recruits singlehandedly killed the fax.

I have a dedicated fax machine in my office because the owner of our company is 81 and doesn't do email, text, or anything of the sort.  I send emails to his assistant who will print the email out and put it on his desk, along with any attachments.  If I need to send him something and he's either at home or his unreal lakefront house in Tahoe, I send it via fax.  He is literally the only reason I have a fax machine and dedicated fax #.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:22 PM, theaveragejon said:

Hornsby has got a cannon. And to bad Jase McClennan is going to ou. 

Hornsby is another Shawn Robinson, although not as good as Shawn was at this stage. McClellan isn't a lock to end up at OU. 

• Like 1

Have no idea if accurate or not, but Tech gets a commitment today from what 247 lists as the top punter in the country, Austin McNamara from Gilbert, Ariz.   Full offers from ASU, Ariz, Nebraska, Missouri, and Utah State. Numerous pwo offers.

Tech fans would hope he doesn't have to make too many appearances.

On 12/24/2018 at 1:54 PM, Fud said:

Hornsby is another Shawn Robinson, although not as good as Shawn was at this stage. McClellan isn't a lock to end up at OU. 

My thoughts exactly regarding McLellan. He's another Demas, other than attending every home game. He'll figure out this next season he committed too early. Where he ends up, I dunno. I doubt we land him, but only because I feel like we get Zack Evans. Our depth chart and line are exactly what he's looking for. He'll essentially have two backs ahead of him, and he will get carries. Maybe McLellan ends up at tOSU or some shit. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Drunk spelling

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Sad news for those who remember Vincent's recruitment (a quintessential Sumlin DB botchjob):

https://m.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Kary-Vincent-Sr-Memorial-assistant-coach-13492399.php

Didn't care for the way he acted during his OV here, don't even like the fact that we brought him in for one, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

T&P to that family

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Don't know if it was posted, but here were their measurements at check-in:

Kardell Thomas: 6'2 1/8, 356.8, 33 inch arms, 9 3/8 hands

EJ Ndoma-Ogar: 6'2, 7/8, 338.6, 9.75 hands, 32 5/8 inch arms

Jesus Christ.  350+ as a 17/18 year old is fucked up.   They desperately need a nutrition program.

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lol EJ, as if that was important in this recruitment

guy is a qualification risk and then some. 

seeing as Florida has an "Intro to meth cooking" as a freshman elective, he figured it was his best shot at a high profile school.

all meth education is taught in the new Aaron Hernandez memorial meth building. 

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

After watching that second half debacle with Deion, I'm more convinced than ever that Willie Taggart is not going to last long at FSU.

What the hell was that? They called it the FSU lounge and then asked who’s committed to FSU and awkward silence. 

Don't know if it was posted, but here were their measurements at check-in:

Kardell Thomas: 6'2 1/8, 356.8, 33 inch arms, 9 3/8 hands

EJ Ndoma-Ogar: 6'2, 7/8, 338.6, 9.75 hands, 32 5/8 inch arms

Moffitt and the nutrition staff will clean it up...but he’s an athlete.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Amos_MoraleIII/status/1080220652379013120

Moffitt and the nutrition staff will clean it up...but he’s an athlete.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Amos_MoraleIII/status/1080220652379013120

He has no problem running in a straight line - unfortunately he’s a waist bender who can’t move laterally. Which do you think is more important for offensive lineman?

He has no problem running in a straight line - unfortunately he’s a waist bender who can’t move laterally. Which do you think is more important for offensive lineman?

lol...if “running in a straight line” is what you took from that then you best get your ass back to band camp and stay in your lane.

Just now, Kyrie Eleison said:

a big motherfucker with great hand/eye and very good balance who keeps his feet underneath him despite the momentum.

he’ll get in shape and the coaching/technique, but he’s got the good shit innately.

and he’s nasty as fuck...

I’m betting bust.  We will see.  The Orgeron era isn’t going to be good to LSU.