G650

Hastag Menswear - Win Instagram or Die Trying

23 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I do know enough to know that part of the problem with that image is the knots are all wrong for the collars.  Looks way tighter than I tie it even when I'm making that knot.  I think my distaste for the spread collar comes from every badly dressed dude wearing a spread collared shirt with the top button undone for the third time between washes and the tips are halfway to the shoulder

Sloppy-shirt-collar.jpg

Well, to me anyway, a straight or point collar, which I'm guessing that is, looks sort of unkempt without a tie many times.  A more spready collar less so, simply because it's shorter.

If I am going to wear without a tie, I prefer button downs first and spreads second.

50 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Yeah, you can't really judge whether a spread collar looks good when it is shown with a four in hand knot. The english spread or president spread can look nice with a proper combo, but getting any wider than that is getting a bit flashy imo.

Although a windsor looks good with a spread-y collar, due to its width, I prefer the shape of four-in-hand pretty much all the time.  You can tie it a little looser or with a big fat grenadine silk tie to take up the space.

40 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, to me anyway, a straight or point collar, which I'm guessing that is, looks sort of unkempt without a tie many times.  A more spready collar less so, simply because it's shorter.

If I am going to wear without a tie, I prefer button downs first and spreads second.

you just pointed it out but I've always equated that look to spread collars and that's definitely a point.

6 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I don't like spread collars - am I wrong/should I revisit that opinion?

As long as it's wide and long enough to tuck under the jacket lapel

I don't like spread collars - am I wrong/should I revisit that opinion?

As long as it's wide and long enough to tuck under the jacket lapel

Posted (edited)

?

Edited by 52-80
boop

The only sorta real determinant on how much spread one can away with is proportion of height to width in their build and neck.

That said, wear it if you want, don't if you don't.

So speaking of Drake's, I just learned they are selling fleece vests. Can officially mark them off.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:13 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Although a windsor looks good with a spread-y collar, due to its width, I prefer the shape of four-in-hand pretty much all the time.  You can tie it a little looser or with a big fat grenadine silk tie to take up the space.

Or just do a double four in hand.  

34 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Or just do a double four in hand.  

Depends on tie length and construction.

On 1/5/2020 at 6:13 AM, TwiceHorn said:

I prefer the shape of four-in-hand pretty much all the time. 

#awwyiss

So the sartorial clown car known as Pitti Uomo is happening as we speak for those not following the hilarity.

Not sure if I should put this here or watch thread, but David Reeves showing proper use of the Day Date.

Screenshot-20200110-151354-Instagram.jpg

20 hours ago, G650 said:

So the sartorial clown car known as Pitti Uomo is happening as we speak for those not following the hilarity.

Which blogger is winning the Shortest Trousers award this year ?

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

Which blogger is winning the Shortest Trousers award this year ?

Homeboy next to Richard Biedul has to be high in the running

80598876_457811978229491_694844295829944

The black Weejuns at the bottom of that outfit were a surprise. 

Is the guy in the overcoat aware that he looks like a flasher?

2 hours ago, G650 said:

Not sure if I should put this here or watch thread, but David Reeves showing proper use of the Day Date.

Screenshot-20200110-151354-Instagram.jpg

That watch is at least 20 years old.  I still like this model over the 2000 to present version.

I like oxford shirts and saw an ad for one I liked from Proper Cloth (blue and red university stripe).  I got it right on my second try - the first one shrunk a bit too small after the first wash.  On the first shirt they let you send it back twice to be "remade" (new shirt sent and they do whatever with the old one) for free.  I like the collar, fabric seems nice, I may take another look at some of the other customization options that exist (buttons, cuffs) as I replace some other shirts that are a bit too short.