Jump to content
InkaUtexas

DT: COVID-19 - NO POLITICS ALLOWED

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are people getting this on commercial air travel or not?  Haven’t seen anything on this subject, and it seems pertinent. 

This presupposes there is any commercial air travel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No if you have a mask on. Every airline is running their air cycle machines with the recirc fans on from the moment people get on until the last one gets off. That changes the air in the cabin every 2 minutes and pushes it through filters as well. Air doesn't generally move longitudinal down the aisle of the cabin. You're sharing air with the people in your row on your side of the aisle generally. At least on a 737.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are people getting this on commercial air travel or not?  Haven’t seen anything on this subject, and it seems pertinent. 

I flew six flight segments in a week 18 days ago. No covid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad Idea Jeans
 

“I’m 75, a cancer survivor, I’m on all sorts of pills. I’m going to travel to a place unmasked with thousands of other individuals unmasked during a pandemic where I could get a deadly disease from an asymptomatic person just for breathing near me. What could possibly go wrong? How often do I get to visit Tulsa?”

In all seriousness, this is a man who grew up in poverty, in segregation, and accomplished a lot. And despite his foolishness that probably claimed his life, I’m sure he’ll be missed and his death is a tragedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 6:28 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 7/28/2020 at 3:58 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I gotta say.. if that $1200 we got in May still is keeping your head above water, you should be a financial advisor

You got 1200?

/Humblebrag

 

On 7/29/2020 at 11:35 AM, C-Man said:

It's exactly what happened. We progressed from Stage 1 to Stage 2 to Stage 3 without bothering to see what effect the previous stage was going to have on our case-loads.

Same thing in California. It's maddening as hell.

I still believe if we all wore masks in March, we wouldn't have to shut down the economy.  Fauci and the CDC made a bad call in March about not wearing masks, but we could've stopped this thing in April/March if everyone wore a mask and adhered to social distancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For your local nw Wyoming report:

7/19 a political event is held at a restaurant. The owner of said restaurant has been on social media, namely the county public health officer fb page, complaining about masks and freedom.  In pictures, the event was outside on the patio but people were very closely packed in and no masks in sight. 
there’s been 10 confirmed cases so far from the event. The restauranteur made up some bullshit about closing for a few days so they could be with a family member just returned from deployment and an employee could visit a sick relative. 
one candidate has announced that she has it and is quarantined, but expects/demands to be allowed to participate in things electronically during her quarantine.

this event and it’s lack of precautions has led to 10 of the 11 or 12 known active cases in town. 
no apologies, no behavioral changes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the "friends" from FB was complaining just a few weeks ago how Winn Dixie required face masks, and that he would stop shopping there.

Fast forward 2 weeks, and him, his wife and one of their kids tested positive with Covid. He's been providing daily updates of their symptoms, but still minimizes it with adjectives like "dull", "slight", "minor". Even if he's not minimizing it, it sure seems like a lot of pain and suffering to prove that masks and social distancing doesn't help prevent spread.

In his previous posts, he said his other 2 kids were afraid of contracting Covid from him, but he explained the "science of Covid" to re-assure they wouldn't get infected even though he didn't try to stay away and touched everything around the house. 

In his update today, he said both of them have tested positive "but only have minor symptoms". 

It's like watching a train wreck, but I can't turn away. Oh, and /Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I still believe if we all wore masks in March, we wouldn't have to shut down the economy.  Fauci and the CDC made a bad call in March about not wearing masks, but we could've stopped this thing in April/March if everyone wore a mask and adhered to social distancing.

I agree. My guess is Fauci and Brix would've liked to have done that but they were so scared to create a run on masks when medical personnel were woefully short on supply. I feel like they thought they were mitigating this. Unfortunately, all it's done now is give the conspiracy theorists a talking point about how Fauci is always wrong or said we didn't needs masks before, why now, etc? I'm sadly realizing a lot of Americans are really, really shitty people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Superhero said:

One of the "friends" from FB was complaining just a few weeks ago how Winn Dixie required face masks, and that he would stop shopping there.

Fast forward 2 weeks, and him, his wife and one of their kids tested positive with Covid. He's been providing daily updates of their symptoms, but still minimizes it with adjectives like "dull", "slight", "minor". Even if he's not minimizing it, it sure seems like a lot of pain and suffering to prove that masks and social distancing doesn't help prevent spread.

In his previous posts, he said his other 2 kids were afraid of contracting Covid from him, but he explained the "science of Covid" to re-assure they wouldn't get infected even though he didn't try to stay away and touched everything around the house. 

In his update today, he said both of them have tested positive "but only have minor symptoms". 

It's like watching a train wreck, but I can't turn away. Oh, and /Florida.

If he was adamant it wasn't a big thing, and he's going out of his way to minimize it, yet he's still bitching on FB every day about it, then it's probably hitting him pretty good.  Otherwise he'd be out there posting videos of him jogging and discussing how great he feels, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I agree. My guess is Fauci and Brix would've liked to have done that but they were so scared to create a run on masks when medical personnel were woefully short on supply. I feel like they thought they were mitigating this. Unfortunately, all it's done now is give the conspiracy theorists a talking point about how Fauci is always wrong or said we didn't needs masks before, why now, etc? I'm sadly realizing a lot of Americans are really, really shitty people.

And a bunch of people are about to turn on Birx.

Because she's not enough of an expert to comment on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

"There's new video of a raging maskdebate":

 

Blindness cases per month, 2020:
 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVwNLgz3CYIZXk3ucJKau

Some find the mask debate a handy excuse  while others find the mask debate an inward journey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Some find the mask debate a handy excuse  while others find the mask debate an inward journey 

If you were trying to sneak in some euphemisms, you really pulled it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he was adamant it wasn't a big thing, and he's going out of his way to minimize it, yet he's still bitching on FB every day about it, then it's probably hitting him pretty good.  Otherwise he'd be out there posting videos of him jogging and discussing how great he feels, etc.

Nah, he said they slept poorly, coughed, had fevers > 100°, body aches, headaches, chills, no sense of smell, and dizziness. But THEY WERE ALL MILD!!!  He did say he felt okay enough to mow the lawn, and go out for a drive...

He's a good guy and we played on the worship team together. I wish he and his family can recover without any permanent damage, but this is one of those Covid dunks on him with balls in his face moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Superhero said:

One of the "friends" from FB was complaining just a few weeks ago how Winn Dixie required face masks, and that he would stop shopping there.

Fast forward 2 weeks, and him, his wife and one of their kids tested positive with Covid. He's been providing daily updates of their symptoms, but still minimizes it with adjectives like "dull", "slight", "minor". Even if he's not minimizing it, it sure seems like a lot of pain and suffering to prove that masks and social distancing doesn't help prevent spread.

In his previous posts, he said his other 2 kids were afraid of contracting Covid from him, but he explained the "science of Covid" to re-assure they wouldn't get infected even though he didn't try to stay away and touched everything around the house. 

In his update today, he said both of them have tested positive "but only have minor symptoms". 

It's like watching a train wreck, but I can't turn away. Oh, and /Florida.

These are the type of people that need to be kicked in the junk with an iron boot.  What a fuckhead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Same thing in California. It's maddening as hell.
I still believe if we all wore masks in March, we wouldn't have to shut down the economy.  Fauci and the CDC made a bad call in March about not wearing masks, but we could've stopped this thing in April/March if everyone wore a mask and adhered to social distancing.

Well you cannot wear masks to eat or drink for indoor dining. And cloth masks do not solve ventilation issues for employees/students working together in enclosed spaces for days and days or travelers in subways or airplanes.

And the US doesn’t have a great PTO access and in March we had very limited testing capacity. Employees would need to come to work with the sniffles to earn a paycheck. The economy was going to need to contract and did virtually everywhere. Just ours is one of the more severe recessions so far.

The order of shut down/restrictions needed to be:

International Travel
Non-essential Domestic Travel / Mass Transit
Leisure/Entertainment/Dining
Schools/Churches
Retail/Non-Essential Business
Essential businesses

Something like that. Including zip code hot zone mapping and coding guidance from CDC, WWII-like mobilization for PPE, testing, treatment, vaccinations, contract tracing, volunteers, temp housing for medical/nursing home staff, etc.

Had we had a single, sustained, and robust strategy that was developed and implemented, we’d be much better off. But masks are only part of public health mitigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So one of my co-workers likely contracted it while partying at Nebraska’s Big Rodeo in Burwell. The main surprise is that it took him this long to get it as he has not been cautious at all. Luckily for me he has been remote since May.

Edited by Royalfan5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:


Well you cannot wear masks to eat or drink for indoor dining. And cloth masks do not solve ventilation issues for employees/students working together in enclosed spaces for days and days or travelers in subways or airplanes.

And the US doesn’t have a great PTO access and in March we had very limited testing capacity. Employees would need to come to work with the sniffles to earn a paycheck. The economy was going to need to contract and did virtually everywhere. Just ours is one of the more severe recessions so far.

The order of shut down/restrictions needed to be:

International Travel
Non-essential Domestic Travel / Mass Transit
Leisure/Entertainment/Dining
Schools/Churches
Retail/Non-Essential Business
Essential businesses

Something like that. Including zip code hot zone mapping and coding guidance from CDC, WWII-like mobilization for PPE, testing, treatment, vaccinations, contract tracing, volunteers, temp housing for medical/nursing home staff, etc.

Had we had a single, sustained, and robust strategy that was developed and implemented, we’d be much better off. But masks are only part of public health mitigation.

I mentioned social distancing in my last sentence. Agree that we needed to cut back at restaurants, bars, concerts, mass transit, church, etc. to ensure physical distancing. But did we really need to shut everything (but essential industries) down?

Seems like most states are taking a all-or-nothing stance. Going from everyone stay home to Stage 3 in 3 weeks (ahem CA). Or going from Covid is a hoax to oh shit it's real in 3 weeks.

Unfortunately there's too much "Don't infringe on my freedumb" here in the US. I first heard about Covid in January from my parents who live in Taiwan. They had temperature checks at airports for the people coming into the country. Strict enforcement of quarantines using cell phone tracking, daily phone calls and heavy fines or jail time for people violating their quarantine. And people wore their damn masks like the government asked them to do. At one point, they ran out of masks, so the government stepped in and converted factories to increase production. According to my parents, people were afraid to go out, but the country did not shut down. Taiwan has been Covid free for over 3 months and everything is back to normal. Granted it's a small island and it's easy to close the border (just like NZ). But out of a population of 23M, only having 467 infections and 7 deaths is pretty impressive and meant people took it seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No politics, and my sister has Down's Syndrome...but most of you all are mentally retarded:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-coronavirus-update-austin-schools-young-population/269-7005c068-7377-4c8f-a65a-0d256acbfea4

Seriously...what is it like at an average day at work for some of you?  Have you ever wondered why your lack of critical thinking has led you to such a mediocre life?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No if you have a mask on. Every airline is running their air cycle machines with the recirc fans on from the moment people get on until the last one gets off. That changes the air in the cabin every 2 minutes and pushes it through filters as well. Air doesn't generally move longitudinal down the aisle of the cabin. You're sharing air with the people in your row on your side of the aisle generally. At least on a 737.
That's the plane. Even if those were little flying tubes to immunity, there's still the airports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I agree. My guess is Fauci and Brix would've liked to have done that but they were so scared to create a run on masks when medical personnel were woefully short on supply. I feel like they thought they were mitigating this. Unfortunately, all it's done now is give the conspiracy theorists a talking point about how Fauci is always wrong or said we didn't needs masks before, why now, etc? I'm sadly realizing a lot of Americans are really, really shitty people.
Yeah. If you tell America, "Yeah, masks are a good idea, but please save the n95s and other heavy duty stuff for frontline workers, sonething as simple as a bandana is really helpful to control community spread," America goes on a fucking massive n95 run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

No politics, and my sister has Down's Syndrome...but most of you all are mentally retarded:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-coronavirus-update-austin-schools-young-population/269-7005c068-7377-4c8f-a65a-0d256acbfea4

Seriously...what is it like at an average day at work for some of you?  Have you ever wondered why your lack of critical thinking has led you to such a mediocre life?  

You need to get a grip on the rails rather than leaping over them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lobo said:

No politics, and my sister has Down's Syndrome...but most of you all are mentally retarded:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-coronavirus-update-austin-schools-young-population/269-7005c068-7377-4c8f-a65a-0d256acbfea4

Seriously...what is it like at an average day at work for some of you?  Have you ever wondered why your lack of critical thinking has led you to such a mediocre life?  

I didn’t even click the link and this might be my favorite post ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one am truly glad that we have a batch of very reliable Covid-19 tests from UAE.  We are truly blessed.  It's not Cloak Room though because we're all as retarded as we are fucked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Message hasn’t been getting through, so trying some more targeted messaging. 
 
116345291_144615677270324_5521535099101051967_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=i-3dk69BFLYAX_w0lYQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&tp=14&oh=4152aa828958805ea5469ee1b07c9b61&oe=5F47E014

But....I mean.....if we still want to smell like urine, we can, right? And, ummm, does it have to be deer urine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
This is not an attack or statement on Lewis or Masks. Rather, a statement on the double standards of those we have voted into office vs. the people who voted for them.
Edited by clapclapclap
No politics, just a generic request to all to practice what you preach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the last two days (July 29 & 30) - 2,930 covid deaths

we haven't had a 2 day total that high since May 19 & 20.

more than 2 months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Her name must be Kitty Genovese, because almost no one in the store bothered to help her.

 

https://abc7ny.com/covid-news-woman-assaulted-in-nj-staples-in-dispute-over-mask/6344921/

Woman assaulted in New Jersey Staples in dispute over face mask

A 54-year-old woman who recently had a liver transplant was assaulted inside a New Jersey Staples store after asking the assailant to wear a mask, and the harrowing incident was caught on surveillance video.

It happened just before 3:30 p.m. Wednesday at the location on Hackensack Avenue in Hackensack.

Police say the victim was using the fax/copy machine when the when another woman approached to use a nearby machine with her own mask pulled below her mouth.

The victim told her to wear her mask, and the suspect became angry and started yelling.

She approached the victim, who raised her cain and pointed it directly at the suspect, coming within inches of her chest.

The suspect then grabbed the victim, violently threw her to the ground, and left the store.

The victim was transported to Hackensack University Medical Center with a broken leg.

No arrests have been made. (snip)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that reporter has been waiting 25 years to use the verb "buck" in his headline and he finally got it.  And now, sadly...he's going to die from Covid-19 in 2 weeks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well yeah, because we have more cases than those countries so of course we're gonna have more deaths because of all of our testing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-08-02-20-intl/

Quote

The New Jersey State Police does not consider large indoor gatherings to be a "widespread problem," press officer Major Brian Polite told CNN.

"With that being said, any indoor home gathering must fall within the guidelines set forth in the executive order and any violations of such will result in enforcement," Polite said.

Some context: The police statement comes after Airbnb removed or suspended 35 listings across New Jersey in order to crack down on "party houses," according to a statement from Airbnb.

Quote

Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson told CNN the state will not shut down bars and restaurants despite the recent spike in cases.

When asked Sunday if the state's high number of new cases and deaths could have been prevented had there been restrictions imposed earlier, Hutchinson said the "economy and people cannot be shut down for that long." 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Family gatherings are a big driver in areas

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/family-gatherings-linked-to-covid-19-spikes-nationwide-numbers-show/

Quote

Earlier last month, in Charlotte, North Carolina, health officials say that a single family gathering was responsible for at least 40 cases of COVID-19, likely due to family members and guests who didn’t know they were already infected.

The County Public Health Director Jennifer McCracken said that family members then returned to their daily activities — before showing symptoms — and likely helped the disease spread locally.

Quote

The county’s website created an illustration to help explain how the family gathering contributed to further infections — which included a 67-year-old grandparent, an 85-year-old neighbor, and several coworkers.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sturgis: 250,000 Lone Bikers of our Shared Apoclaypse

 

 

Quote

Sturgis is on. The message has been broadcast across social media as South Dakota, which has seen an uptick in coronavirus infections in recent weeks, braces to host hundreds of thousands of bikers for the 80th edition of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

More than 250,000 people are expected to rumble through western South Dakota, seeking the freedom of cruising the boundless landscapes in a state that has skipped lockdowns. The Aug. 7 to 16 event, which could be the biggest anywhere so far during the pandemic, will offer businesses that depend on the rally a chance to make up for losses caused by the coronavirus. But for many in Sturgis, a city of about 7,000, the brimming bars and bacchanalia will not be welcome during a pandemic.

Quote

In a survey of residents conducted by the city, more than 60% said the rally should be postponed. But businesses pressured the City Council to proceed.

Rallygoers have spent about $800 million in past years, according to the state Department of Tourism. Though the rally has an ignominious history of biker gangs and lawlessness, bikers of a different sort have shown up in recent years — affluent professionals who ride for recreation and come flush with cash. Though the rally still features libertine displays, it also offers charity events and tributes to the military and veterans.

The attorney for a tourism souvenir wholesaler in Rapid City wrote to the City Council reminding that a judge found the city does not solely own rights to the rally and threatening to sue if the city tried to postpone it. Meanwhile, the Buffalo Chip, which is the largest campground and concert venue that lies outside the bounds of the city, made clear that it would hold some version of the rally.

Rod Woodruff, who operates the Buffalo Chip, said he felt he had little choice but to proceed with the rally. He employs hundreds of people in August and a smaller full-time staff.

“We spend money for 355 days of the year without any return on it, hoping people show up for nine days,” he said. “We’re a nine-day business.”Woodruff felt he could pull off a safe event, allowing people to keep their distance from one another at the outdoor concerts at his campground. He said he was emboldened by the July 3 fireworks celebration at Mount Rushmore, where 7,500 people gathered without any reported outbreaks after the event, according to health officials.

In the end, Sturgis officials realized the rally would happen whether they wanted it or not. They decided to try to scale it back, canceling city-hosted events and slashing advertising for the rally.

Jerry Cole, who directs the rally for the city, said organizers are not sure how many people will show up, but that they’re expecting at least 250,000. Travel restrictions from Canada and other countries have cut out a sizeable portion of potential visitors, he said.

 Others think it could be the biggest yet. 

“It’s the biggest single event that’s going on in the United States that didn’t get canceled,” Woodruff said. “A lot of people think it’s going to be bigger than ever.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be tough to pinpoint how much transmitting at sturgis. Not many people who live in the area and whoever gets it will take it to whatever state they come from but that could be anywhere.


a lot of Americans enthusiasts showing up for their first road trip they can take all year, wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t one of the biggest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Gonna be tough to pinpoint how much transmitting at sturgis. 

Covid's gonna have to compete with a lot of STDs that most of us have never experienced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gonna be tough to pinpoint how much transmitting at sturgis. Not many people who live in the area and whoever gets it will take it to whatever state they come from but that could be anywhere.


a lot of Americans enthusiasts showing up for their first road trip they can take all year, wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t one of the biggest

Could also be a blessing...fewer motorcycles on the road in 2-4 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 11:42 AM, yoladu said:

the last two days (July 29 & 30) - 2,930 covid deaths

we haven't had a 2 day total that high since May 19 & 20.

more than 2 months ago.

We bleed every 8 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Well yeah, because we have more cases than those countries so of course we're gonna have more deaths because of all of our testing.  

Do you have to be a prissy little bitch with every post in this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lifted that content Word for Word from a rather well-known individual.  If it’s my tone, and not the content, that you draw issue with... Then I think that makes you the prissy little bitch in this scenario.  

It’s a thread about coronavirus, not your feelings.  Maybe I’m being a pretty little bitch on this thread, but you’re a damn woman through and through in all aspects of your life.  
 

why don’t you let the men discuss the pandemic with the other men?  Because your heroes sure as fuck aren’t doing anything about it.  Have a cranberry juice, a tampon, and sit the next couple plays out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I lifted that content Word for Word from a rather well-known individual.  If it’s my tone, and not the content, that you draw issue with... Then I think that makes you the prissy little bitch in this scenario.  

It’s a thread about coronavirus, not your feelings.  Maybe I’m being a pretty little bitch on this thread, but you’re a damn woman through and through in all aspects of your life.  
 

why don’t you let the men discuss the pandemic with the other men?  Because your heroes sure as fuck aren’t doing anything about it.  Have a cranberry juice, a tampon, and sit the next couple plays out

Hero talk again. Who fucking thinks of a politician as a hero. Perhaps  that’s the problem with you CR folk. 
 

Otherwise good post. Keep up the good work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...