CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Or she didn’t think it was appropriate to hold up funding while Americans are dying and being fired.

Funny thing. I saw a shit ton of anti-Pelosi facebook posts making the rounds saying just that because she dared speak back to Darth Mitch about his corporate slush fund. Not a peep from those same posters about Massie today.

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

"We delivered thousands of ventilators to New York but they...didn't know they got 'em."

They weren't home for delivery and they were placed on the driveway entrance instead of at the front door.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thetexashammer said:

Just curious, what is your evidence for this? 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/489913-pelosi-not-invited-by-trump-to-white-house-coronavirus-relief-bills-signing

A White House official confirmed to The Hill that no Democrats were invited to the bill-signing event. But in the Oval Office ceremony, Trump — flanked by top Cabinet members, aides and GOP lawmakers — heaped praise on bipartisan negotiators.

1 minute ago, Thetexashammer said:

Just curious, what is your evidence for this? 

Good lord.  It took one minute:

No Democrats attended the signing ceremony. Among the lawmakers in the room were Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), as well as the GOP leaders of three key House committees: Texas Rep. Kevin Brady of Ways and Means, Oregon Rep. Greg Walden of Energy and Commerce, and Ohio Rep. Steve Chabot of Small Business.

Look here

• Like 1

"Boris Johnson...he's tested positive..but he's gonna be great. Gonna be totally great. Gonna make a lot of ventilators. It's gonna be great.

We're gonna make the most ventilators. Twenty two days ago, we had the greatest economy..stock market ever...but who would've know? This invisible enemy. "

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord.  It took one minute:

Look here

I don't mean to be rude, but in your links, do they ever say Trump ordered that no Democrats would be present? Who made up the list of people who were invited?

Your link says they haven't spoken in four months. They hate each other. Did she even want to come, did she ask to appear? 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Fuck You 9

5 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

There is no way we have 100,000 tests per day. 

Well they’re sure as shit not get that many processed. It takes like 7 days to get results.

That shit is so misleading.

In other words, you're two case doubling periods from where you were when you get results.  good night.

2 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I don't mean to be rude, but in your links, do they ever say Trump ordered that no Democrats would be present? Who made up the list of people who were invited?

Your link says they haven't spoken in four months. They hate each other. Did she even want to come, did she ask to appear? 

read the whole article.  or just the paragraph i quoted for you.

2 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

From the article:

A White House official confirmed to The Hill that no Democrats were invited to the bill-signing event. But in the Oval Office ceremony, Trump — flanked by top Cabinet members, aides and GOP lawmakers — heaped praise on bipartisan negotiators.

"I want to thank Democrats and Republicans for coming together and putting America first,” Trump told reporters.

Great moments in Presidential history.

"The conservation of our natural resources and their proper use constitute the fundamental problem which underlies almost every other problem of our national life." - Teddy Roosevelt

"We'll have apparatus in place." - Donald J Trump

"What's the material difference between the regular flu and this version of the flu?" Blewett asked Huang.

"The difference in terms of significance? I mean the mortality rate... " Huang said, before Blewett cut him off.

"I haven't read that there's a huge difference in mortality," Blewett said.

"Oh no, it's about 13 times more on the conservative end to 34 times more," Huang said.

"That's what I read about Italy, which has an older population. I haven't read about that in the States," Blewett replied.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/david-blewett-dallas-coronavirus-11894503

Hmm should I go chasing rabbits for hammer hoping he's gonna change?

Bwahaha ! 

Fuck that 

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

read the whole article.  or just the paragraph i quoted for you.

I read the whole thing. Trump thanked Democrats, who weren't invited. It says nothing about who developed the list of invitees. 

"I want to thank Democrats and Republicans for coming together and putting America first,” Trump told reporters.

Do you not think he seems pretty bipartisan here? He hasn't spoken to Pelosi or Schumer in four months. How do you know they even wanted to attend? Maybe they had things to do. Maybe they just don't like Trump or want to be in the same room as him.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Fuck You 8