Tell Me About Baylor

Al_4_ISU

3 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

So the rest is correct.  Gotcha.

No, I just have no reason to debate it with an internet stranger. Especially one who's not even well-regarded on the site, judging by your rep points. 

Have a good one big guy.  

21 hours ago, LTbear said:

No, I just have no reason to debate it with an internet stranger. Especially one who's not even well-regarded on the site, judging by your rep points. 

Have a good one big guy.  

Funny since some of my "rep" came from you .

FUCK baylor

2 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

Funny since some of my "rep" came from you .

FUCK baylor

Did I? I don't recall repping you. But if I did, the overwhelming majority of your rep still came from your longhorn brethren. No bueno. Have a good one big guy. Maybe sip a whiskey.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:49 PM, Longboard Horn said:

@Netanyahu for TCU is this you messing with the Baylor team back in 2010? At the 2:15 mark,  just remember, it’s all fun and games until Samuel L. Jackson gets involved.

Ha! No that wasn't me, but I was at that game. Great day! The season opener against them the next year, not so much fun. 

45 minutes ago, BevoSwag said:

If Baylor is the only University in the Big 12 to not allow the sale of alcohol in their stadium they are toast in realignment.  Normal people won't put up with that.

I'm sure it's probably changed and they ban bringing in anything from outside of the stadium, but I remember when I ran with the Baylor Line it was easy to bring stuff in. Gatorade with a healthy sprinkle of everclear was my go-to. But damn that was a long time ago...

He was grooming a 16-yo girl. As a father of two adult daughters that I successfully raised through their teenage years, stories like this make me sick. 

And I have no doubt that he was a part of the culture at BU. It starts from the top. “Why was she around those guys, they’re some bad hombres,” “do you like white girls,” etc. what a putrid place. 

And their disgusting culture was enabled by the overall culture at BU. The culture that says “nothing bad ever happens here. Our girls are chaste and virginal and our boys are Godly young men.” And they’ll do anything to cover up anything that contradicts that image. So they continually sell their souls to the soulless (Bliss, Briles, etc., etc.) to taste some athletic success and are shocked when the wolf turns out to have let all his little wolf buddies in to feast on their little virginal flock. They didn’t fix that underlying culture, so Bliss, Briles will happen again. Maybe this year, maybe next, maybe not until 2030. But it will happen again.

• Hook 'Em 1

Baylor's Season Opener vs. Louisiana Tech Postponed Amid COVID-19 Concerns

BEN PICKMAN.      1 HOUR AGO

Baylor's season opener against Louisiana Tech will not be played on September 12 and has been postponed, the schools announced Tuesday.

"We are obviously very disappointed that we will not be able to open the season this weekend at Baylor," Louisiana Tech director of athletics Tommy McClelland said in a statement. "However, with the number of recent positive COVID19 results and contact tracing, it is simply not possible. We would be putting our student-athletes at risk."

Yahoo Sports' Pete Thamel noted that Louisiana Tech had an outbreak of positive COVID-19 tests this past weekend in the wake of Hurricane Laura as 38 players tested positive. According to Sports Illustrated's Pat Forde, the school got back its testing results on Tuesday. 

"We are incredibly disappointed to announce the postponement of our upcoming football game against Louisiana Tech," Baylor director of athletics Mack B. Rhoades said. "However, in the interest of the health and wellness of our student-athletes, coaches, and staff, we are confident in this unfortunate but necessary course of action."

Oklahoma State was forced to delay its season-opener against Tulsa after health concerns. TCU's September 11 season-opener against SMU was also postponed after a positive test within the TCU program.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/09/09/baylor-la-tech-postponed-season-opener-coronavirus

12 minutes ago, BevoSwag said:

Look at the positive.  If Baylor lost to UH, which is 50/50 at best, the Big 12 would have a long hard  road to climb to get away from the dumpster fires currently still burning on the KSU, KU and ISU campuses when it comes to football.

Valid point... Bailor was favored by 4pts