Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

market has been selling off in the latter part of the day for a few days in a row. picked up a handful of  290 SPY puts @ $.25, more out of boredom than anything. 

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Never short a boring market and it has been a snooze fest the last two weeks. 

Luckily i had a meeting at 2, and wasnt going to be able to really pay attention, so i sold at .26. basically break even. They are now worth .02, so your comment was accurate.

And what the fuck happened with DECN? I removed my wtf stop loss of $.02 this morning after it resumed trading and headed to .20, but for a brief moment in the afternoon it looks like the price actually dropped to .0167 and then immediately spiked back up. I wonder if that is a glitch in the data feed because its a penny stock, or if the price really did drop and rebound. It looks like there was a 143K trade at .018. Is that somebody with a ridiculous low limit order and somebody fucked up with a "market sell" and there were no other buy orders? Weird shit. 

3 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Once again I'm telling yall ALPP is going to pop next week, not a huge amount, but .03 - .07 and you can buy a shit ton right now

Is the investment thesis for this #stonk to rely on people fat-fingering the ticker symbol when they mean to buy AAPL?  I'm down for $200 worth, why not?

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

1 minute ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Got way deeper in the midday chop than intended. Was up $900, then down $8000, and finally finished down $100. Gonna need to play that back and learn what not to do next time.   

Oof. Glad you made it out of that trade in the black. 

1 minute ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Got way deeper in the midday chop than intended. Was up $900, then down $8000, and finally finished down $100. Gonna need to play that back and learn what not to do next time.   

Sounds like you and I have similar risk management strategies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Is that somebody with a ridiculous low limit order and somebody fucked up with a "market sell" and there were no other buy orders? Weird shit. 

That would be my guess, market orders on thinly traded (or anything under $1-$2) is just asking for someone to steal your order. 
I finally go the nerve up to push the place the order button, so I'm holding more shares of DECN than anything else that I own, but it is by far my smallest $$$ value holding. 
Not really happy to hold over the weekend, but it's worth the risk to see if they really have something with the COVID test development.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

That would be my guess, market orders on thinly traded (or anything under $1-$2) is just asking for someone to steal your order. 
I finally go the nerve up to push the place the order button, so I'm holding more shares of DECN than anything else that I own, but it is by far my smallest $$$ value holding. 
Not really happy to hold over the weekend, but it's worth the risk to see if they really have something with the COVID test development.

source.gif

Missed opportunity to sneak a later afternoon PR in and freak everyone the f out over the weekend, but then again he got suspended for his PRs so maybe a good call. I just need Trump to mention them at his briefing, then turn it over to a joint panel of Bezos and Gates to announce they intend to acquire DECN 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

TDA won't let you enter market orders on OTC.

If anyone is still holding MVIS bags you're either brave or stupid as hell,

Porque no los dos?!?

It’s less than 1% of my trading cash hanging out so I’m just kinda waiting til meeting time and then seeing how it shakes. No idea why the price rebounded in the afternoon.

Guess who is buying some DIS after the market closed?
this autist right here - been busy with work since about 3pm, forgot to close out the call side of my DIS strangle from earlier in the week, it closed in the money so I think I just bought me some DIS. I'm pretty sure it will show up before the open on Monday....whee, gladly there are only nominal transaction fees these days...and I just went from having a speculative long-term put position to having that position as a hedge.

#stonklife YOLO (hoping to profit from both sides of that one.....which never, ever happens in my account)

Here is a cautionary tale about what happens when you don't know who the markets really work.
Or don't start buying oil futures just before they go negative, and your trading platform won't even show it to you

https://business.financialpost.com/pmn/business-pmn/oil-crash-busted-a-brokers-computers-and-inflicted-huge-losses

Syed Shah usually buys and sells stocks and currencies through his Interactive Brokers account, but he couldn’t resist trying his hand at some oil trading on April 20, the day prices plunged below zero for the first time ever. The day trader, working from his house in a Toronto suburb, figured he couldn’t lose as he spent $2,400 snapping up crude at $3.30 a barrel, and then 50 cents. Then came what looked like the deal of a lifetime: buying 212 futures contracts on West Texas Intermediate for an astonishing penny each.

What he didn’t know was oil’s first trip into negative pricing had broken Interactive Brokers Group Inc. Its software couldn’t cope with that pesky minus sign, even though it was always technically possible — though this was an outlandish idea before the pandemic — for the crude market to go upside down. Crude was actually around negative $3.70 a barrel when Shah’s screen had it at 1 cent. Interactive Brokers never displayed a subzero price to him as oil kept diving to end the day at minus $37.63 a barrel.

At midnight, Shah got the devastating news: he owed Interactive Brokers $9 million. He’d started the day with $77,000 in his account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Porque no los dos?!?

It’s less than 1% of my trading cash hanging out so I’m just kinda waiting til meeting time and then seeing how it shakes. No idea why the price rebounded in the afternoon.

Lol fair play I have some too haha 

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Here is a cautionary tale about what happens when you don't know who the markets really work.
Or don't start buying oil futures just before they go negative, and your trading platform won't even show it to you

https://business.financialpost.com/pmn/business-pmn/oil-crash-busted-a-brokers-computers-and-inflicted-huge-losses

O M G.

4 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I know a guy that back in the day would put a limit buy around 20% below the previous close on AAPL every day.  He made serious bank on the flash crash day in May 2010.

3 hours ago, Sabalo said:

TDA won't let you enter market orders on OTC.

THAT's what I was trying to remember a couple of weeks ago when people were talking about setting stops on these pieces of shit.  I remember TDA cancelling an order because it wasn't the right version.  I tried to hit a market bid and it got rejected because only limit / stop orders were allowed on the toxic garbage stocks.

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

That's awesome.  Makes me feel a lot better about my 98% wipeout in 10 minutes of holding XIV a couple of years ago. 

New t-shirt idea "At Least I Never Went Negative"

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I know a guy that back in the day would put a limit buy around 20% below the previous close on AAPL every day.  He made serious bank on the flash crash day in May 2010.

Did his order fill?  I thought in a flash crash scenario many orders may not fill.  Seems like a dream.  Good for him even on partial fill of his order...

And I’m getting into some heavy SPY puts way out in fall.  Fuck it. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

5 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

source.gif

Missed opportunity to sneak a later afternoon PR in and freak everyone the f out over the weekend, but then again he got suspended for his PRs so maybe a good call. I just need Trump to mention them at his briefing, then turn it over to a joint panel of Bezos and Gates to announce they intend to acquire DECN 

giphy.gif

ALL IN FOR DECN!!!

46 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Did his order fill?  I thought in a flash cash scenario many orders may not fill.  Seems like a dream.  Good for him even on partial fill of his order...

And I’m getting into some heavy SPY puts way out in fall.  Fuck it. 

Yes, his order filled.  The ones buying more than 50% down got cancelled.  Kind of funny how "they" just arbitrarily decided the cutoff point that day.  But guys thinking they are buying oil contracts at $0.01 are on the hook for all their losses when the contract goes to -$37.

• Like 1

Well helllo there DECN maybe resuming OTC pinksheets on Monday, after only 1 trading day in the Grey

https://www.dtcc.com/legal/important-notices

Just to give some context only 7 of 1000 companies last year got out of the grey market once relegated. Also they set a GM record for 12 million in volume.

All pretty positive news. Now just need a Sunday PR tease, maybe a little FDA action and I'm ready to make some money again

Might even avg down if there is a monday dip

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I bet we could form a collection of funds, set up a shell company and takeover some pissant OTC stock and run one of these scams ourselves.

I mean did you see the shack that UAVS was running out of?  LOL. We're all going to jail. 

I was attacked in my own home, and I can only complain about it here.

I don't know how it came up but we were playing a game last night....me, twyfe, and 2 college age kids, and out of nowhere one of the kids used the word stonk, Mrs. Fairway asked what that word was and the kids went into some long description of how it is some idiotic phrase from the internet and how it was only stupid people who used it. I'm not sure what happened after that; because I think I went into a state of shock, there must have been some response because they kept bringing it up and laughing and twyfe kept saying she really didn't understand what they were saying or why it was funny, then she would ask me if I understood & I think I just shrugged my shoulders. 
Congrats - surly, reddit and the internet in general have ruined my life. If it wasn't Mothers Day & I didn't have 3 racks of ribs in the smoker I think I would have had to take a day off for a long thoughtful walk and contemplate all the bad decisions in my life....things like kids, marriage and why I didn't start my #stonk life earlier.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

Took ALPP. 

I'm in 8k as well bro, hold fast. Those earnings are coming this week

Don't fly to close to the sun on MARK though fellas, they're flying based on the earnings call that's supposed to happen today and the WYNN partnership. It's an interesting LONG position but if you're just looking to profit protect yourself with a stop loss

39 minutes ago, bluto said:

Hell yes bitches (I’m sure it’s total shit but it will hopefully be enough to dig my ass out of the hole)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/floridaindependent.com/microsofts-acquisition-of-microvision/amp/

I was making a presentation at work when it peaked at $1.2 and I've had a bunch of alarms set so that I didn't miss a run up. Had to silence my phone in my pocket and by the time I looked back it was under $1 again. Seems like it wants to settle in the $0.97 range. That site doesn't inspire a ton of confidence though, it's a pay to post deal.

THIS however seems like it could bring some interesting information about the Hololens connecting MSFT (and DoD) to MVIS: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vrar-association-central-florida-chapter-microsoft-hololens-2-tickets-104754204646?aff=ebdssbonlinesearch&_ga=2.13955319.1976312673.1589232879-1766709788.1589232879

I signed up, doubt I'll be able to attend. I could see some movement based on it though.

Sold my MARK on the way up (they got connected to Disney so that may be a bad move), and some of my FRSX but holding a little there

So right now its just my longs, my bags, and my ALPP

Sold my MARK on the way up (they got connected to Disney so that may be a bad move), and some of my FRSX but holding a little there

Should have sold all the FRSX and kept the MARK that I had a .48 avg on my position. Too busy recouping my still unrealized MVIS losses.

Not chasing today myself but i think you could make a bit of money if you wanted.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk