immamac

Thread for people banned from DT till coronavirus goes away

Listen folks, people would clearly prefer to die of an infectious disease than discuss contemporary American politics on a sports message board in the current events forum...which, ironically, might have something to do with why we’re now dropping dead by a thousand a day.  Let’s keep our plague non-political and just pretend it’s all an act of god or some dumb shit like that.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Listen folks, people would clearly prefer to die of an infectious disease than discuss contemporary American politics on a sports message board in the current events forum...which, ironically, might have something to do with why we’re now dropping dead by a thousand a day.  Let’s keep our plague non-political and just pretend it’s all an act of god or some dumb shit like that.

Not indulging the political aspects of the topic are hardly increasing the spread/ effectiveness of the disease.

As if anyone is fucking solving something by constantly talking shit about "the other side."

Seek solutions, not disruption, and then there might be a point...

Edited by Iceman

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Must suck when your entire raison d'etre crashes, and burns. Jesus you're a beating. Oh noes....... we can't talk about politics what ever will I do !!!  

What do you do when you have to stand in the corner at parties when no one will engage in your lame game ? Are you capable of discussing anything without a political bent ?

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Not indulging the political aspects of the topic are hardly increasing the spread/ effectiveness of the disease.

As if anyone is fucking solving something by constantly talking shit about "the other side."

Seek solutions, not disruption, and then there might be a point...

What if I told you it isn't about sides or parties, and that it's just that we're all fucking fed up with the federal government dropping the ball every step along the way. 

Noticing and addressing those failures is an important component of a solution. Covering your eyes and ears and acting like everything is honkey dorey like we're effectively responding to the pandemic is taking a fucking political stance. 

We can't test everyone who needs a test, governors are bidding against each other for the limited supply of ventilators and masks, states that are receiving materials from the national stockpile are getting far less and later than what they were told they'd get, the list goes fucking on and on. 

It's not fucking political to point out that the response is botched. And it's important to acknowledge, because otherwise there aren't going to be any changes in our approach and federal response. 

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What if I told you it isn't about sides or parties,

I wouldn't believe you, because you have not posted shit in the regular thread.  You people are incapable of such behavior on the regular.  It always ends with either an intellectual superiority claim or self-proclaimed sensitivity awards.

Thank you, BTW.  Don't think of it as an invitation to come fuck up that discussion.

Edited by Iceman

LOlz so fucking typical.  Fuck you.

Someone disagreed...so neg.   LMAO.

You are who you are.

Edited by Iceman

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I wouldn't believe you, because you have not posted shit in the regular thread.  You people are incapable of such behavior on the regular.  It always ends with either an intellectual superiority claim or self-proclaimed sensitivity awards.

Thank you, BTW.  Don't think of it as an invitation to come fuck up that discussion.

Didn't even acknowledge the points on the botched  federal response, but you already know what my reply to any conversation would be?

That's the problem my dude. 

Enjoy your fantasy land thread.

Ps - sorry I didn't type my reply fast enough for you

On 4/4/2020 at 4:27 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You have your own political thread in the Cloak Room, you disingenuous cunt.

Edited by immortal13

On 4/4/2020 at 5:27 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You are an infectious disease...

On 4/4/2020 at 4:27 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

people would clearly prefer to die of an infectious disease than discuss contemporary American politics on a sports message board in the current events forum

have you ever considered that rather than wanting to die, some of us just do not care about the political opinions of anyone who posts here?

rule #1 to get me to care enough to consider your opinion on contemporary American politics is, don't post it on a sports message board

Edited by SwanderedTalent

17 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

have you ever considered that rather than wanting to die, some of us just do not care about the political opinions of anyone who posts here?

rule #1 to get me to care enough to consider your opinion on contemporary American politics is, don't post it on a sports message board

What about a running commentary on a WWE hall of famer that's running the pandemic response? That's topical sports talk