Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Landomatic

ITALIAN Shit I've Cooked Lately

Although it's a generic chain, I always loved the Rigatoni D from Maggiano's growing up.  Wanted to see if I could recreate it and I'll be damned if they don't just have the recipe on their website...

https://www.maggianos.com/blog/our-famous-rigatoni-d-recipe

So, really can't take any credit for this one as I pretty much just followed the recipe to a T.  But it did turn out great and tasted as good, maybe even a little better, than what I remember from the restaurant.  Shit's got crack in it.

Side note: I really hate cooking like that.  Following a recipe to a T feels much more like science than art that anyone who can read can do, and that's just not enjoyable to me.  But anyway, here's the end result...

k3TWc6.jpg

8jK4ZE.jpg

VEHhcc.jpg

There's plenty of people who can read that would fuck that recipe up real good.  Because you know how to cook, is why you can replicate it well.  Looks good...

3 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

There's plenty of people who can read that would fuck that recipe up real good.  Because you know how to cook, is why you can replicate it well.  Looks good...

Yeah, I suppose you're right.  I still much prefer to wing it and eyeball and improvise and estimate and shoot from the hip and tweak things to my liking when I cook.

First time making ravioli or any scratch pasta for that matter. Filling was sausage, spinach and cheese. Won’t be the last because it’s really not that hard and fantastic.

08d5b8be6d27b35fca3a50ce9a18bd8a.jpg

5d09d8a3d3c76a7ad7523b28026e0dd0.jpg

0bd3a4398977133dca81755172749eb4.jpg

30 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Did you see his brisket?  He ain't one-upping us.  8-)

Haha yeah but he fucked the delivery up by not posting pics of it from his boat.  He could post a bowl of kraft mac and cheese in this thread from his boat and it will look fantastic.