Jump to content
Goo Punch

Texas basketball 2020-21: Not even Shaka can fuck this up...right?

Recommended Posts

Lunardi has Texas as a 3 seed in his latest bracketology. Projecting the tournament field right now is dumb, but it shows that the national expectations on Texas will be high.

8d0ea1b0cf2640d623c5f5b9b4a288eb.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that said, without a completely new offense our chances of earning a 3 seed are nonexistent.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Lunardi has Texas as a 3 seed in his latest bracketology. Projecting the tournament field right now is dumb, but it shows that the national expectations on Texas will be high.

8d0ea1b0cf2640d623c5f5b9b4a288eb.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot resist.  You mean top 3 in the state?  Top 3 in the conference?  I don't even think we're in the top 3 in the state, conference, anything!!!

Maybe top 3 in Austin TX?  Let's see there is St. Edwards, Concordia, ACC, yep, I think we're top 3 in Austin.    

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas will boast the deepest, most athletic team it's had in a long time, maybe ever.

In other words, we'll be lucky to make the tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

that said, without a completely new offense our chances of earning a 3 seed are nonexistent.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't even have a defensive assistant yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'll be dipped in shit. Someone is projecting Texas as a #3 seed next season? He must be completely oblivious to Shaka's tenure coaching at Texas. The Big 12 is going to be rugged next season, KU and Baylor are Top 5 material, Tech, Texas and WVU will all be ranked and Oklahoma State has an impressive recruiting haul incoming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chad said:

Well, I'll be dipped in shit. Someone is projecting Texas as a #3 seed next season? He must be completely oblivious to Shaka's tenure coaching at Texas. The Big 12 is going to be rugged next season, KU and Baylor are Top 5 material, Tech, Texas and WVU will all be ranked and Oklahoma State has an impressive recruiting haul incoming.

plus we're going to play our toughest ever non-con schedule under Shaka, so we won't be rolling into Big XII play at 12-1 or anything like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, Goo Punch said:

Lunardi has Texas as a 3 seed in his latest bracketology. Projecting the tournament field right now is dumb, but it shows that the national expectations on Texas will be high.

8d0ea1b0cf2640d623c5f5b9b4a288eb.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shut your whore mouth up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

plus we're going to play our toughest ever non-con schedule under Shaka, so we won't be rolling into Big XII play at 12-1 or anything like that. 

I'm curious how many of those games will still happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

plus we're going to play our toughest ever non-con schedule under Shaka, so we won't be rolling into Big XII play at 12-1 or anything like that. 

I haven't seen the slate for next season, isn't Gonzaga on there? They're likely to open as #1 next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 2:43 AM, LTtxfan said:

Texas #17

as the article states, the loss of Moretti( and Ramsey) matters.  It ain't like the cupboard is bare in LBK though.

I know it's one spot in a preseason ranking, but I can't see anything in the past 3-4 years that would lead me to believe Texas will finish ahead of Tech in the upcoming season.  If you changed rosters, I'd still go with Tech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Iceman said:

as the article states, the loss of Moretti( and Ramsey) matters.  It ain't like the cupboard is bare in LBK though.

I know it's one spot in a preseason ranking, but I can't see anything in the past 3-4 years that would lead me to believe Texas will finish ahead of Tech in the upcoming season.  If you changed rosters, I'd still go with Tech.

You seem like a totally neutral source on this though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm biased as fuck.   LOl.

Still doesn't mean it makes sense to rank UT ahead of Tech, given recent history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 3:05 PM, orangecat92 said:

Maybe top 3 in Austin TX?  Let's see there is St. Edwards, Concordia, ACC, yep, I think we're top 3 in Austin.    

I don't know. Westlake has been churning out some nasty teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 2:12 PM, Goo Punch said:

plus we're going to play our toughest ever non-con schedule under Shaka, so we won't be rolling into Big XII play at 12-1 or anything like that. 

Maybe we will be rolling in at 13-0 ever thought of that! boom SHAKAblaka!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when we used to play LSU or Michigan State in Houston?  Now we get to play Louisiana Tech, woo-hoo!  

I see we've got the SEC challenge, and the Maui invitational which has a ridiculous field next year...but as usual our home schedule is for shit, Gonzaga notwithstanding.

Shaka is still the coach, so I see 9-4 on that slate at best.  

Cool news is Stetson University is on our schedule again, where I attended college in the mid-90's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Remember when we used to play LSU or Michigan State in Houston?  Now we get to play Louisiana Tech, woo-hoo!  

I see we've got the SEC challenge, and the Maui invitational which has a ridiculous field next year...but as usual our home schedule is for shit, Gonzaga notwithstanding.

Shaka is still the coach, so I see 9-4 on that slate at best.  

Cool news is Stetson University is on our schedule again, where I attended college in the mid-90's. 

We have Villanova at home as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh shit?  That's good news.  I saw the logo that just said Big 12/Big East challenge.  Okay, well that helps a lot, not that basketball with crowds is gonna happen.  But that's a huge step up for our home slate.  As I said, the overall OOC SOS is gonna be really high with a Villanova, Gonzaga, the 3 games in Maui, and most SEC teams would help even in their down cycle.  Anyway, who knows...gonna be tough to play this whole schedule this year anyway but even with a deep and talented team, we're still gonna have to sweat out 18+ wins 'cause Texas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 12:57 PM, Js1 said:

 

B12: 9 or 10 Ls

Maui: 2 Ls

Nova: L

Gonzaga: L

Shitty SEC team: L

I've seen this movie before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why we could have the best team of Shaka's tenure?  Because statistically speaking, we are bound to win more than 17 games.  Is that the reasON?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Why we could have the best team of Shaka's tenure?  Because statistically speaking, we are bound to win more than 17 games.  Is that the reasON?  

Talent + experience is the reason. I don't know exactly where I saw it, but there's some sort of talent vs experience matrix floating around the interwebs and the upcoming year's Texas team compares favorably with past NCAA champions. Of course we have other factors that make all of us doubt those prospects, but the mix of talent and experience are what the heightened expectations are based off of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 3:05 PM, orangecat92 said:

I cannot resist.  You mean top 3 in the state?  Top 3 in the conference?  I don't even think we're in the top 3 in the state, conference, anything!!!

Maybe top 3 in Austin TX?  Let's see there is St. Edwards, Concordia, ACC, yep, I think we're top 3 in Austin.    

 

 

Top 3 in overpaid coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...