Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
UpperWestside

German series Dark-Netflix

I am nearing the end of season one and this series lives up to its name. A friend had recommended this series to me and he told me it had been suggested to him by friends back in Europe. These people are all kinds of screwed up. There are two seasons so far and the 3rd one will be the last one for it. The biggest thing I think I would say to anyone watching it is try to keep up with the characters when they show different time periods. My friend told me to do this or things would have gotten confusing at first. Ulrich Nielsen is my favorite character so far. I highly recommend watching this series. 

So good, I can't recommend enough.

Started watching and blasted through both seasons in a couple of days. Amazing how they got different actors that looked so alike for the different ages. Thought for sure a few of them were the same actor in age make up but then watched the credits to find out they were different actors.

Not sure if I saw season 2.  Is season two where the young man...

Spoiler

comes out in future where there has been some sort of apocalypse? 

I think that's where I left the story. I loved it, but with the way series get spread out, I forget a lot of things. Seems like it was longer ago than last summer that I watched it. 

TIA

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, blacklab said:

So good, I can't recommend enough.

Started watching and blasted through both seasons in a couple of days. Amazing how they got different actors that looked so alike for the different ages. Thought for sure a few of them were the same actor in age make up but then watched the credits to find out they were different actors.

The actors and actresses looking so similar was something my friend and I talked about. Both version's of Ulrich, his wife Katharina, and Aleksander Tiedemann all look remarkably the same. Just started season two and that ending to season one was crazy to think about after watching it. The writers for this show are just superb.

Edited by UpperWestside

I watched 1/2 a season and then came back a couple months later to finish it and ended up going insane trying to remember who the fuck all the characters are and what they are doing. 

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

On 5/21/2020 at 2:44 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

I watched 1/2 a season and then came back a couple months later to finish it and ended up going insane trying to remember who the fuck all the characters are and what they are doing. 

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

This show really bends the mind following the characters, but the twists in what happens in that town and the people who live there make the show so amazingly good. I am past the halfway point of season two and hoo boy Winden is one really crazy place. 

I binged both seasons in two days, and while I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's starting to get convoluted.  Now they're introducing another world?  I hope they've tightened up that script for season three.

When those two ladies touched hands and she had that reaction with that music playing...I thought at some point we were going to see an epic girl on girl scene.  Nope, how udderly disappointing.