Cowherd on the difference between Texas and ou

closetohumping

I'm willing to guess most of you bros hate Cowherd.  I'm somewhat of a fan.  Off Memorial Day, so this is one of my few chances to listen to him live. He was chatting about Michigan possibly not playing this season.  He brought up the analogy that schools like Texas and Michigan are great academic institutions with fine football programs.  Ohio St and ou are fine in academics, but full on football culture.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yep neg.

Yep thin skinned butthurt over your not being able to read good.

Carry on brother... on that long hard trail of tears that has been Texas Longhorn fandom.  Always the underdog...Cowherd will lead the way.

Edited by Iceman

LOL Slorch whining about being negged....and that's why you got it.  You actually swing at pitches in the dirt like the god damn grocery sacker you are.

ChitownDoc is a damn dirty fucking Sooner and he would never get a neg...because he's shown he's smart and doesn't care.

Good day to you Slorch.

37 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

ou kicks our ass too.  Is that Neuhiesel's kid?  Fuck that dude..

Yes, he won that game at Jerryworld.  But I would put a bit of the responsibility on Charlie Strong.  That was the coin flip fuck up game.  I was at that game.  We weren’t well received by Texans at that game.

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Yes, he won that game at Jerryworld.  But I would put a bit of the responsibility on Charlie Strong.  That was the coin flip fuck up game.  I was at that game.  We weren’t well received by Texans at that game.

I was never a huge Charlie guy, but that game certainly didn't help.  He also let Watson continue the hurry up offense with the lead and 4 minutes left.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I'm willing to guess most of you bros hate Cowherd.  I'm somewhat of a fan.  Off Memorial Day, so this is one of my few chances to listen to him live. He was chatting about Michigan possibly not playing this season.  He brought up the analogy that schools like Texas and Michigan are great academic institutions with fine football programs.  Ohio St and ou are fine in academics, but full on football culture.  

If we were OU, we would’ve hired urban Meyer by now and probably been playing in the college football playoff last year. But we aren’t, and we’ll for ever have to hope and pray for that fine line of “we didn’t cheat or do anything dishonorable what so ever, but here we are in the mix for a playoff spot”. That combination just seems so...rare.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Quick question, last time UCLA played in a New Year's Day bowl? Now, when was the last time Texas did? 

I fully recognize our shitfullness.  It is the most painful sports point in my life.  And we are sinking rather than rising.  But I wonder if Texas fans are self aware or not.  But we can let this die. 

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The first UT game I attended in person featured Cotton Speyrer crushing the Bruins fleeting hopes.

My first game as a student was ND ‘96.  Great seats to watch our last second loss with a porous run D headed by Bobby Jack-Wright as I recall. 

My college girlfriends first game was the next year and also happened to be our first date. We got 50yrd line 8 row back tickets in the student draw- right behind the opposing bench. I still remember getting our free hotdogs from St. Austin Catholic, chatting about Jesus for a second and cracking a few jokes about UCLA was going to need his mercy. 

The game turned out to be a metaphor for the 2Yr relationship that grew from that date. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If we were OU, we would’ve hired urban Meyer by now and probably been playing in the college football playoff last year. But we aren’t, and we’ll for ever have to hope and pray for that fine line of “we didn’t cheat or do anything dishonorable what so ever, but here we are in the mix for a playoff spot”. That combination just seems so...rare.

No, if we were ou we would've landed saban somehow.  Of course, contrary to that they went the coordinator route and hti home runs both times.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

I fully recognize our shitfullness.  It is the most painful sports point in my life.  And we are sinking rather than rising.  But I wonder if Texas fans are self aware or not.  But we can let this die. 

At least y'all got basketball.  Oh fuck me.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

how’s soso jamabo doing?

orental chicks FTW!!