Yeah, I got a guy (residential repair/contracting)

Grippe

On 6/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, Nonbryan said:

LC, I'm looking for a fence guy as well.  Had a section blow down in last nights storm.  Precciate it!

Here's fence guy contact information:

Ranchers Landscaping & Fence
Luis Alvarez
Owner, Ranchers Landscaping & Fence
Mobile: 512-673-8768
Luis@RanchersLandscaping.com
www.RanchersLandscaping.com

• Like 1

I don't necessarily know a good tile guy, but I purchase tile from the Tile Guy on Anderson Lane. Great prices and I'm friends with all the people there. They don't do installs but they have installers go through there all day. They hesitate to recommend anyone as other installers might get upset. I use one of their ex employees who does a good job but I don't know enough about his prices and reliability as I get "friends" pricing and service.

in houston,i installed gutters at my house last week, used rain mizer as my installer and was very pleased with the overall product. I got two additional quotes before moving onto them, around $1500 and $1750 for them but these guys beat it by several hundred dollars. recommended if anyone looking for new/replacement gutters.

need to find someone who can do some door repair - basically need to replace the door jamb/frame since the door we've had there soaked up the water prior to our gutters being installed. in the GOOF area, if that matters. 

On 6/13/2018 at 11:20 PM, UT_OB1 said:

I need to quote vinyl and hardiplank install in Galveston. Got anyone?

Also could use a general handyman (yeah yeah, “go ask your husband”). Need some odds and ends like window trim replaced.  

Anyone with a rec in Galveston?

• 1 month later...
You want the concrete covered with tile or redone to keep the concrete & remove the chips / cracks?  Maybe an acid wash & staining?

fee865db789964d6a0268a4dd13b7aab.jpg

This is what it looks like now. I tried removing the green paint but obviously I wasn’t successful. I don’t want tile, just a way to cover up the paint. Maybe just epoxy it? If it’s easy I’m willing to do it myself.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, 3adays said:

fee865db789964d6a0268a4dd13b7aab.jpg

This is what it looks like now. I tried removing the green paint but obviously I wasn’t successful. I don’t want tile, just a way to cover up the paint. Maybe just epoxy it? If it’s easy I’m willing to do it myself.,

Can you operate a jackhammer?

Arbor Oaks Tree Professionals - Austin/Round Rock/Georgetown

Had a large Burr Oak die of canker fungus this year and it had to be removed.  Got quotes from three different, highly recommended, tree companies.  John, the owner of Arbor Oaks, met me at my house the day I called.  Diagnosed the problem and gave us an estimate that was in line with the other two companies.  The price was actually a little cheaper, but with a huge dead tree between the houses, price wasn't the only criteria.  The crew showed up two days later and did a great, professional job of removing the tree and trimming several other trees around my neighbor's and my property.  Would recommend to anyone that needs tree trimming or tree removal.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Las Colinas/Irving

Any recs on a foundation repair company. I have a pier and beam house and seeing some signs doors sticking and a couple small cracks in the drywall. Hopefully just need some leveling and not any piers. I have All Pro Foundation and GL Hunt coming to provide estimates so far. 

Thanks in advance!

Las Colinas/Irving
Any recs on a foundation repair company. I have a pier and beam house and seeing some signs doors sticking and a couple small cracks in the drywall. Hopefully just need some leveling and not any piers. I have All Pro Foundation and GL Hunt coming to provide estimates so far. 

Thanks in advance!

Same in Round Rock/Gtown area, any help?

On 5/24/2018 at 2:51 PM, BottleRocket said:

Looking for a landscape sprinkler repair guy for S/W Austin.  Need some heads replaced and system tune-up.

Matt at South Austin Irrigation is your guy - https://www.southaustinirrigation.com/.

He's done my tuneups three years running, and added a zone for me last year at a reasonable price (about $1000, but did it without having to run new wires, and squeezed things into weird spaces). His team are top notch, and incredibly easy to work with. The irony is that we're putting in a pool now, which has completely torn up the zone he added for me. That zone never put a drop of water on a piece of grass - lol. Oh well - he's going to get all the repair work in about four months, too :).

On 1/1/2019 at 2:21 PM, Nonbryan said:

Austin area Dryer Vent Cleaning- Georgetown Dryer Vent Service- $75  Prompt and effective service.

Also, Fireman Dryerman -http://firemandryerman.com/.

I can confirm that he's really still a firefighter, and does this on his off days. He now employs several current firefighters to handle the workload. They also do minor dryer appliance repair (fixed a lightbulb for us, and reattached a wonky front panel). I still think vent cleaning is a strange thing to specialize in, but they do it as well as any.

I'm sure the georgetown guys do great work - just adding to the list here.

1 hour ago, HoustonFrog said:

Nope. This will be for a few months from now. Just trying to get ducks in line

Briar Forest area

Get an architect to draw a set of plans that you can give to a builder.  

Brick Moon Design would be a good place to start.  They do plenty of remodel / addition work and are more than competent.

https://brickmoondesign.com/