2020-21 Houston Rockets: Luv Ya Blue?

Slacks

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

We almost accidentally won today. Fortunately we were clutch in the end and took the L

Wall changed the play from a PnR with Wood to a ISO. Dort stoned Wall at the rim, while Wood was just shaking his head. Wood had no shots in the last 8 minutes.

Silas has lost the team with Oladipo and Wall doing their own thing. They both need to go before their poor attitude makes it way to Wood and Porter.

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Read somewhere Houston might not trade Oladipo and I hope they do but wtf if they don’t? He isn’t signing here long term so it will be a massive failure. 

You can thank Silas for this fuckup. He begged and pleaded for him over LeVert and Allen. And then wonders in every press conference why his team continues to get outrebounded.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I feel like the direction they want to go and the direction the fans were thinking(tanking to rebuild) are two different directions. Houston sports ownership is terrible right now.

i think this is definitely true.  they don't want to bottom out even though it's the obvious play.

7 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i think this is definitely true.  they don't want to bottom out even though it's the obvious play.

The funny thing is Oladipo and Wall are such bad teammates right now, playing them is allowing them to bottom out. I'd rather trade both for a basketball, but having them on the team doesn't mean this team isn't bottoming out.

Wall and Oladipo have been losers every where they have gone for the most part.

The problem with keeping them is you allow their poison to filter down to Wood and Porter, while also not allowing Porter the game time he needs to improve his game.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Is Bradley playing this year?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bradlav01.html

Seems he has only played in 10 games this season after opting out last season.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bradlav01/gamelog/2021/

And recently, he's been inactive for the Heat.

Edited by UDontKnow

This was a fucking terrible trade. We should have just kept LaVert but instead got Oladipo at Silas' request. We didn't get a single young player out of the Harden deal. How many terrible trades are we forced to suffer through as Houston sports fans. Not impressed at all with Stone.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

This was a fucking terrible trade. We should have just kept LaVert but instead got Oladipo at Silas' request. We didn't get a single young player out of the Harden deal. How many terrible trades are we forced to suffer through as Houston sports fans. Not impressed at all with Stone.

Expiring contracts and move up in the draft... that's what it is. Also reduces this year's salary by about $4M

Bradley has a team option for next year, so he's gone.

Olynyk expires after this season.

So, basically, the Heat paid $4MM and a pick swap.  

It was a good trade.

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Well how can you blame Stone when you admit it was Silas that drove for Oladipo on the thought it would help them compete this year.

Getting anything for Oladipo, even the ability to move up a few spots in next year's draft is fine. He has no value because he's UFA and has expressed his desire to only play for Miami.

At least the Rockets realized that Wall and Oladipo are destroying the locker room with their me 1st attitudes and are getting rid of them.

Wood, Porter, and Tate are the future with hopefully a Top 4 pick in a loaded draft, not too mention a couple of other 1st round picks.

Going to be a quick rebuild if handled correctly, which it looks like now.

Edited by HtownHorn

there is no one on this roster that you can confidently call "the future."  at best, one of the young guys might be able to turn into the third best player on a championship caliber team.  

gotta finish with a top 3 worst record and hope for the best.  i think cunningham and mobley are legit difference makers, suggs is a future all star and am super intrigued with jalen green.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

there is no one on this roster that you can confidently call "the future."  at best, one of the young guys might be able to turn into the third best player on a championship caliber team.  

It kinda begs the question "wtf is the front office doing?" At first the Rockets wanted to be competitive after dealing Harden, but didn't go for Jarrett Allen or keep Caris LeVert. Allegedly, Silas wanted Oladipo - well that move didn't pay off. Hopefully, Silas won't ever try to play GM. He's already way behind and should just stick to coaching instead of sucking at two things.

If the Rockets are going for the full tank, then they should have been trying to deal everyone including Christian Wood. Honestly, the only piece to build around is arguably KPJ. I haven't forgotten that Fertitta is the owner and he's only looking for cost cutting moves. I guess the trade is decent considering the present circumstances (Oladipo has never been at full fitness as a Rocket), but the Rockets should have never done the LeVert for Oladipo trade.

• Like 1