Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/21 at 05:00 AM

4 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'm in! Let's get back to stonky talk. Sorry for getting us off track. We can resume this discussion in here when we're all millionairies looking for Cayman accounts

3 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I have a Roth and Tradition IRA on my TD Ameritrade account so I can easily switch between all of them for trading. You can definitely buy OTC (albeit it's still a $5.99 trade fee) on then and the beauty of the Roth is it's post tax money so STONK gains are never taxed.

My main account is Schwab, small fee on OTC sales (I paid $0.23 selling selling 2,500 shares for a few thousand in 2020), there is a fee for options (which has cost me more that I care to add up). There were a couple of days with glitches at the open during the GME festival, but really not many issues. 
I also have a Fidelity account, my employer sponsored 401k and my Mom's accounts that I manage, I don't like it as much. Again no fees for transactions, though I don't stonk in those accounts, except I did put her in 2,000 shares of ALPP when it was under $2.50. So she owes you as well.

6 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Thank you for this information. I had no idea I could trade penny stocks in a Roth IRA. I’ve never needed an IRA but might look into it for tax savings. How does it work in regards to settling trades within the account? It all stays within the account and therefore (in the case of Roth) gains are never taxed?

Correct, all income that comes out of the Roth that meets the qualified distribution guidelines will be tax free. Any advisor worth his weight would tell you not to trade high risk products in a retirement account because you are playing with your retirement. However, if you use it correctly and limit your risk as much as you can while planning in other ways it is a tax free vehicle for high growth.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bluto said:

I’m still kinda raw on level 2/technical tea leaves but TSNP doesn’t look to have much hurdles for exploding today as of now .... right?

We don't know what's hidden, but I would be surprised to see $1.25 - $1.50 highs today, at this point people might just decide to hold and we can squeeze $0.10 - $0.20 cents at a time. That's what happened to ALPP although we were pretty battle hardened longs at that point. $1 does feel like a launch point though. I officialy cannot buy it anymore per my self imposed rules

• Hook 'Em 1

Watching $INND right now. Been doing well the last few days and I think waiting on FDA approval and announcement of being able to sell product in stores.

I am in waiting period hell. I want in on this one. I have to wait till Feb 11. I believe Feb 18 is their big day to get info.

Seems to be a good product and they are in Walmart and Amazon. Their kiosk plan looks like a great idea.

So with ALPP streaming the shareholder meeting, should I skim something off the top and take it off the table?
I've seen too many times where I'd have been better off if I'd have bought the hype and sell before the news; just thinking there could be a dip if there isn't a date for NASDAQ listing or other things that take time and people (stonkers) are thinking it will all happen immediately.

Asking for a friend; a friend who's portfolio is way, way, way out of balance with stonks

On 12/11/2020 at 1:47 PM, RCRanger03 said:

ALPP just said hold my beer and went to  $0.80

I think this answers my question about which was going to hit $1 first between ALPP and TSNP. My new question is which is higher come December 31st 2021?

Remember Airbus valued ALPP shares at minimum $3.50 two years out based on their accepting ALPP shares in the acquisition of Impossible Aerospace.

I stand by this message, but damn if ALPP isn't pissed at me for saying it. $20ish seems doable depending on what they do in the uplist process

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

Eh, fuck those guys. Any penny stonker worth his mom’s weight would tell them to fuck off. It’s all play for me and if I can play tax free... 

Agreed especially when those cocksuckers try to skim 5% or more for parking your shit in 4 mutual funds for years. Cocksuckers I can do that myself
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I bought ALPP late.  Wish I had bought 10x as much though. Congrats to all you guys riding that wave from sub $1. 

Same here. I got in at $3.99, so it's only up a measly ~65% atm.... Took for f'n ever too, since I got in all the waaaaay back last Thursday. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I got in to ALPP at .2 but averaged up a lot from there.
I'm really conflicted about whether to just bite the bullet on more TSNP soon so I don't make the same "mistake."

Lord knows fintech trades differently and esp penny fintech but I can’t help but feel like we’ll see a pullback on Tsnp.... but then again it’s a tidal wave of PR this month with rollouts and revenue starting up.

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Lord knows fintech trades differently and esp penny fintech but I can’t help but feel like we’ll see a pullback on Tsnp.... but then again it’s a tidal wave of PR this month with rollouts and revenue starting up.

Yea, this is my concern. This jump is happening off...basically no PR? So what happens later when there is news? Just have PTSD from the ALPP run over a dollar where it never looked back.

7 minutes ago, bluto said:

exactly, this will happen naturally, but there is a lot more news to come so it will also contiunue to run

1 minute ago, tejas60 said:

sorry to derail again, but I use Fidelity IRA for my pennies. however, it won't let me buy certain pinks (SNVP got damnit). don't understand why, since I've bought lower priced ones...

Yea it doesn't let me either. Tried to get in on SNVP at .0015. Meanwhile it let me buy XMET in the 000s

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea, this is my concern. This jump is happening off...basically no PR? So what happens later when there is news? Just have PTSD from the ALPP run over a dollar where it never looked back.

Tell me about it. I was late to the ALPP train and didn’t start buying until it pulled back to 2.15 and then 3 last week. Glad for all the people who got in under .10.

I really wish I had started reading this thread back in November. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Holy fuck, I just checked my Schwab account.  Was in a staff meeting.  Was expecting to see red.

I bought ALPP in 2 installments.  My average is 0.124.  I think first purchase was 0.07.  Wish I had poured all my money in that first batch, but c'est la vie. Sitting on 100k shares ALPP and 150k shares TSNP.  Have resisted every instinct to sell, even though I am now completely over-indexed to singular stocks.  I feel like I have a single point of failure.  But I also think the future for these companies is extremely bright, and in 5-6 years I could be sitting on retirement money before I turn 50 years old.  I'm really torn

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Tell me about it. I was late to the ALPP train and didn’t start buying until it pulled back to 2.15 and then 3 last week. Glad for all the people who got in under .10.

I really wish I had more than a couple grand to "spare" back in November. 

FIFM. Same, but different, but the same.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Holy fuck, I just checked my Schwab account.  Was in a staff meeting.  Was expecting to see red.

I bought ALPP in 2 installments.  My average is 0.124.  I think first purchase was 0.07.  Wish I had poured all my money in that first batch, but c'est la vie. Sitting on 100k shares ALPP and 150k shares TSNP.  Have resisted every instinct to sell, even though I am now completely over-indexed to singular stocks.  I feel like I have a single point of failure.  But I also think the future for these companies is extremely bright, and in 5-6 years I could be sitting on retirement money before I turn 50 years old.  I'm really torn

That is what you call a solid rate of return.

Just got out of my morning meetings and flipped over to ThinkOrSwim

tony stark ovaries GIF

22 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Congratulations man, you have more than I do. My advice... buy more ALPP

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, Brew said:

Or take your $700k profit in a few months and celebrate.

I ain't gonna monday morning qb anyone who held tight through that upswing on 100k shares and didn't bail on the position in Dec when it dipped, but I have fucking soft paper hands, so I would take 250k off the board and buy a boat. 

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I ain't gonna monday morning qb anyone who held tight through that upswing on 100k shares and didn't bail on the position in Dec when it dipped, but I have fucking soft paper hands, so I would take 250k off the board and buy a boat. 

You give him too much credit. Maybe he hasn’t been sober since November and just remembered he had investments?

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
I imagine there’s more than a couple people following Ranger’s advice who are thinking of quitting their jobs right about now.