2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

And fuck Bauer if he did say he's not responsible if his catcher put something on the ball.  That's like Brady saying it's not his fault the footballs were underinflated in that playoff game - the equipment guy did it, not me!  Yeah, well, you're both professional ball tossers (snicker) and you knew something was giving you an unfair advantage and you used it.  You're cheaters.  

And Bauer's Twitter defense is basically, "everybody else is, too," after acting like the lone choir boy who's been standing up for the good of the game.  At least the Astros admitted it when they got caught.  And a serious argument could made that sign stealing is not anywhere near the level of applying a foreign substance to the damned ball.

But you enjoy that fat contract your cheating got you, ya shitpile.

Edited by TexArcher

God bless Ashley McHugh, she called him out and said "now do Altuve."

When Olney says describes "leaks and innuendo" as "kind of gross," he's defending Trevor Bauer in a way he never defended Altuve despite those  baseless Jomboy rumors being far more disgusting and gross. Jomboy is not a journalist and yet he put some bogus conspiracy theory out on youtube that was directly refuted by the MLB investigation and paid journalists like Buster Olney couldn't be bothered to apply journalistic principles in reporting on it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

And fuck Bauer if he did say he's not responsible if his catcher put something on the ball.  That's like Brady saying it's not his fault the footballs were underinflated in that playoff game - the equipment guy did it, not me!  Yeah, well, you're both professional ball tossers (snicker) and you knew something was giving you an unfair advantage and you used it.  You're cheaters.  

And Bauer's Twitter defense is basically, "everybody else is, too," after acting like the lone choir boy who's been standing up for the good of the game.  At least the Astros admitted it when they got caught.  And a serious argument could made that sign stealing is not anywhere near the level of applying a foreign substance to the damned ball.

But you enjoy that fat contract your cheating got you, ya shitpile.

• Hook 'Em 3

Obviously fuck Bauer because he's such a vocal hypocrite. 

As for pine tar use by pitchers, I yawn about this the same way I yawned about PEDs or sign stealing or corked bats or scuffed baseballs. Yes, pine tar is widely used by pitchers and it probably gives them a big advantage wrt spin rates. It's not a high crime that's gonna get me on my high horse for a game I love watching as a diversion from real life. Cheating will always be a part of the game. Get over it, you sanctimonious blowhards.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Ok texted my buddy who worked the scoreboard for years and still works for the Astros and this is the reasoning for out of town scoreboard:

Because you have to go on field to get back there, and nobody is allowed on field right now

Funny, I could’ve sworn I saw the grounds crew rake the base paths after the 3rd.

Funny, I could’ve sworn I saw the grounds crew rake the base paths after the 3rd.
They do.

I'm guessing any non essential people is what he means. No kid stealing base it was pretaped....no orbit on field....no space chicks....no anthem on field....etc.

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:
8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
2nd time Gurriel apparently forgets there is an out, and has an easy double play.

"Easy" double play lol

A one hopper where Gurriel doesn't move at all. That was an easy double play ball.

He did have a great read on that single to get to 3rd with 1 out.

Edited by HtownHorn

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

A one hopper where Gurriel doesn't move at all. That was an easy double play ball.

He did have a great read on that single to get to 3rd with 1 out.

it was such an "easy" double play ball that i'm still trying to figure out which way you're imagining him turning it.  stepping on first and throwing home?  throwing to 2nd?

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

update from Spaeder

if tuve wants to play into his mid to late 40's and also manage so that he can reach 4000 hits, i'm fine with that.

and if he happens to place the occasional wager, just, you know, if there's like a horrible mismatch, or something obvious, then i'm ok with that too.

• Like 2

if tuve wants to play into his mid to late 40's and also manage so that he can reach 4000 hits, i'm fine with that.
and if he happens to place the occasional wager, just, you know, if there's like a horrible mismatch, or something obvious, then i'm ok with that too.
Maybe by 2035 he can smoke some weed in the dugout too