Tell me about UH

GhostofDanJones

• 5 weeks later...

quickly becoming about as idiotic as aggy

http://www.coogfans.com/t/is-ucf-digging-themselves-into-a-hole/16518/8

Would you be happy with a 2 for 1 with Texas? I know I wouldn’t. If they want a 3 game series, it should be a 1 for 1 and a neutral site.

I’m not gonna lie, I would take that.

I think UH fans would easily make the trip and turn DKR into a home game

hahahahaha this idiot thinks that a team that draws 30,000 to HOME games will come to DKRTMSJJF that seats over 100,000 and "make it a home game"

UH is led by one of the greatest Horns in UT history in Major Applewhite. They aren’t becoming Baylor by any stretch. Kendal Briles bears the sins of his father. If he hasn’t already, he should publicly apologize for whatever role he had in covering up rape at Baylor. Kendal Briles is a fellow Horn and has a shot at redemption. His father is a piece of shit and should never be allowed to coach again.
Lulz

Major isn’t going anywhere if UH has a great season. I’m pretty biased in his favor since is my 3rd favorite Horn of all time and is a good person as well. He has great support from Pres. Khator, Tilman Fertitta and is in one of the best situations recruiting wise in the country. If he wins 8 to 9 games a season with 10 win seasons sprinkled in he will be their next Bill Yeoman. In my opinion, the UH job is in the top 3 best jobs/programs in the Group of Five and is a better place to win than a Power 5 program like Wake Forest.
Lulz lulz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 6/8/2018 at 1:17 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:
UH is led by one of the greatest Horns in UT history in Major Applewhite. They aren’t becoming Baylor by any stretch. Kendal Briles bears the sins of his father. If he hasn’t already, he should publicly apologize for whatever role he had in covering up rape at Baylor. Kendal Briles is a fellow Horn and has a shot at redemption. His father is a piece of shit and should never be allowed to coach again.

Lulz

Have to revise my position from what I said back in June. Kendal Briles is as big a piece of shit as his father and fucked over Major by leaving leading to Major’s firing.

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Have to revise my position from what I said back in June. Kendal Briles is as big a piece of shit as his father and fucked over Major by leaving leading to Major’s firing.

Or you know, Major just isn’t that good of a coach. I think we have enough data points to see that clearly now. 

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

Or you know, Major just isn’t that good of a coach. I think we have enough data points to see that clearly now. 

You might be right unfortunately. I still think he would have gotten a 3rd year if he didn’t have to replace both his OC and DC.

Cooger High was started in San Jacinto HIGH SCHOOL. In 1927. It became U of H in 1934 still in San Jacinto HIGH SCHOOL. Ergo Cooger High. Or HOUSTON HIGH SCHOOL.

at games these cretins would chant HOUSTON HOUSTON and we would chant back HIGH SCHOOL HIGH SCHOOL.

the high point of cooger high's existance to this point is the Frijoles Now! Incident.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texasmonthly.com/articles/lee-otis-free/amp/

RIP Lee Otis.

On 1/5/2019 at 12:23 PM, MrPhlegm said:

The high point of their shitty little stadium was the 1965 Junior High City Championship won by my junior high school the Hartman Junior High Pirates.

I think, if you tried real hard, you could have fit the words "junior high" into that sentence a couple more times.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 8:30 AM, LTtxfan said:

Breakdown of salaries of UH staff hired for Holgy

http://footballscoop.com/news/contract-details-dana-holgorsens-staff-houston/

Brandon Jones (OL Coach) got himself a raise in moving from the Power 5 to Group of 5. Jones earned $325,000 at Texas Tech and will make $500,000 at Houston, making him Dana Holgorsen’s highest-paid assistant. Jones will share co-offensive coordinator duties with Marquel Blackwell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Florida State hired Kendal Briles from UH as new OC, and Kendal has traditionally been a package deal with his offensive line coach Randy Clements, who remains at Houston in what industry sources say is a buyout standoff between him and the U of H administration. If and when Clements shakes free of his Houston contract, it will be interesting to see what happens to Coach Frey (FL State OL ) who is currently paid the 4th highest salary nationally for OL coaches, and one of the best in the business.

Edited by LTtxfan

their idiot fans are great

about 70% think that Holgar makes them immediately better and OU better watch out and a NY6 game is at hand and the other 30% are going with the "Major burned this down so 5 to 8 wins is 100% acceptable this year, but watch out next year"

none of them can point out anything significant that has changed with the team and many of them cannot give any reason that Holgar will suddenly beat OU when OU beat him year in and year out with on exception (well other than the idea that they think WVU is a terrible program with no history, unlike the blue blood in waiting UH program)

and they all just seem to blow off how much their program will be drug through the mud for firing an 8 win coach after 3 years and paying 3X more for a new staff if that new staff cannot add at least one win much less two over 8

the media that already shit on them is not just going to disappear at the end of next season if UH wins 8 or less games and more than likely they are all waiting for the chance to rip into them again.....and shit like that ruins recruiting and makes it that much harder to climb out of a hole especially with a coach like Holgar that is not great dealing with the media and that is pretty lose on team control and devoid of real accomplishments in his career

On 1/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, Neonmoon said:

I really like Holgerson but I hate UH. So I hope he uses them like a 5 dollar hooker and bails after 2 years. 

I used to like them, but after hiring rape enabler jr, and then firing Major the way they did, I’m no longer a fan. Here’s to hoping Dana fucks them over. 

Also, fuck Renu Khator. She’s a dipshit. 

Edited by Longboard Horn

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

their idiot fans are great

about 70% think that Holgar makes them immediately better and OU better watch out and a NY6 game is at hand and the other 30% are going with the "Major burned this down so 5 to 8 wins is 100% acceptable this year, but watch out next year"

none of them can point out anything significant that has changed with the team and many of them cannot give any reason that Holgar will suddenly beat OU when OU beat him year in and year out with on exception (well other than the idea that they think WVU is a terrible program with no history, unlike the blue blood in waiting UH program)

and they all just seem to blow off how much their program will be drug through the mud for firing an 8 win coach after 3 years and paying 3X more for a new staff if that new staff cannot add at least one win much less two over 8

the media that already shit on them is not just going to disappear at the end of next season if UH wins 8 or less games and more than likely they are all waiting for the chance to rip into them again.....and shit like that ruins recruiting and makes it that much harder to climb out of a hole especially with a coach like Holgar that is not great dealing with the media and that is pretty lose on team control and devoid of real accomplishments in his career

Uh, that would be two years there, skippy.

• 1 month later...

Interesting 2019 schedule.....

2019 Houston Cougars Football Schedule

Aug. 31 at Oklahoma

Sept. 7 Prairie View A&M

Sept. 13 Washington State

Sept. 19 at Tulane

Sept. 28 at North Texas

Oct. 5 OPEN DATE

Oct. 12 Cincinnati

Oct. 19 at UConn

Oct. 24 SMU

Nov. 2 at UCF

Nov. 9 OPEN DATE

Nov. 16 Memphis

Nov. 23 at Tulsa

Nov. 30 Navy 

2019 Houston Cougars FB Schedule Analysis

– Welcome to the new gig, Dana Holgorsen – now start out by going to Oklahoma, and deal with Washington State right after the scrimmage against Prairie View A&M. Going to North Texas won’t be all that easy, either – get ready for a big-time shootout.

– The road game at Tulane kicks off a run of three road games in four dates, and the home game is against Cincinnati from the East. If dealing with the Bearcats wasn’t bad enough, the Cougars have to also go to UCF in interdivisional play. On the plus side, the other game against the other division is at UConn.

– The West showdown against Memphis is at home after getting a week to prepare – but the Tigers get a week off before the game, too. Going to Tulsa isn’t bad, and getting Navy and SMU at home helps.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/02/houston-football-schedule-2019-analysis

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

He’s s fucking asshole. Great talent, but a punkass bitch

I guess I can understand not playing when you are healthy to protect your future.  But the shit he pulled in warm ups, running all over the field at full speed and making leaping, one handed catches while clowning around was basically pissing in the eyes of his team and fans.  At least act like you're not 100% healthy.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Any more additional info on why Dana chose to go to UH ?? 

Some comments that I've seen:

• Not happy w/support from WV administration
  • Increase in salary at UH
  • Enjoys Houston area more than WV
  • Tired of WV's lack of respect from B12
  • Remaining roster at WV poor for 2019

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Any more additional info on why Dana chose to go to UH ?? 

Some comments that I've seen:

• Not happy w/support from WV administration
  • Increase in salary at UH
  • Enjoys Houston area more than WV
  • Tired of WV's lack of respect from B12
  • Remaining roster at WV poor for 2019

1. he was going to be fired next year and gets a fresh contract at UH with a nice new buyout <- the only real reason

the others are stupid what more support did he want or need

WVU could have paid him more if he bothered to win more than an 7.6 game average

this is part of the issue of why he will always be a "meh" level coach he is more interested in shit outside of football than being a football coach first......for most people I would 100% say great live where you want to live even if it might hold your career back a little if that is what you want to do.......but he was at WVU for a long time and if he had put more effort into recruiting and trying to win something then he could have taken a step up for a job (like a couple of WVU coaches before him)....instead he half assed it and got extremely lucky that UH is stupid and desperate...and he is a D1-A football coach making almost $4 million a year and there are an extremely large number of top level D1-A jobs that are in places that most people would not find highly desirable to live...unless they were making almost $4 million a year as a D1-! football coach 

the Big 12 treats WVU very well......wait until he finds out what The Big 12 thinks of UH...

he is the dumb ass that recruited that shitty roster for next year which is why his ass was going to be fired after next year.....UH is too stupid to understand that they think it was because WVU is not a good job or a place where players want to go......never mind that Rich Rod moved up to a more prestigious job when he left WVU he did not have to move down to a desperate G5 program run by idiots and egos....and the coach just prior to Dana had a better overall record and Dana fucked him to get the job, had one good year with his players and then did pretty much shit from then on

the meltdown over Dana at UH winning 7 or 8 games a year tops will be about 75% as fun to watch as the meltdown at aggy over Jumbo...it is 50% of the cost, but about the same % in stupid combined with ego

they have a bad roster coming back and Dana is not a "coach'em up" guy by any stretch of the imagination and they are pretending that they have a rebuilding year to give and a ready made excuse in "Major Fucked Us", but when the 6 or 7 wins roll in next year tops the press will be on them like stink on shit and they are not a program that can out recruit that and Dana is damn sure not a coach that can out recruit that (like he will even try) and they will be in a world of shit especially with Texas being back, Baylor looking decent, Tech probably getting at least 1 more win and a bowl game because they do not have a dumb fuck as a head coach and TCU probably being better next year (never mind Jumbo Baggins kicking in the bag man program after their 8 or 9 win season)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

1. he was going to be fired next year and gets a fresh contract at UH with a nice new buyout <- the only real reason

the others are stupid what more support did he want or need

WVU could have paid him more if he bothered to win more than an 7.6 game average

this is part of the issue of why he will always be a "meh" level coach he is more interested in shit outside of football than being a football coach first......for most people I would 100% say great live where you want to live even if it might hold your career back a little if that is what you want to do.......but he was at WVU for a long time and if he had put more effort into recruiting and trying to win something then he could have taken a step up for a job (like a couple of WVU coaches before him)....instead he half assed it and got extremely lucky that UH is stupid and desperate...and he is a D1-A football coach making almost $4 million a year and there are an extremely large number of top level D1-A jobs that are in places that most people would not find highly desirable to live...unless they were making almost $4 million a year as a D1-! football coach 

the Big 12 treats WVU very well......wait until he finds out what The Big 12 thinks of UH...

he is the dumb ass that recruited that shitty roster for next year which is why his ass was going to be fired after next year.....UH is too stupid to understand that they think it was because WVU is not a good job or a place where players want to go......never mind that Rich Rod moved up to a more prestigious job when he left WVU he did not have to move down to a desperate G5 program run by idiots and egos....and the coach just prior to Dana had a better overall record and Dana fucked him to get the job, had one good year with his players and then did pretty much shit from then on

the meltdown over Dana at UH winning 7 or 8 games a year tops will be about 75% as fun to watch as the meltdown at aggy over Jumbo...it is 50% of the cost, but about the same % in stupid combined with ego

they have a bad roster coming back and Dana is not a "coach'em up" guy by any stretch of the imagination and they are pretending that they have a rebuilding year to give and a ready made excuse in "Major Fucked Us", but when the 6 or 7 wins roll in next year tops the press will be on them like stink on shit and they are not a program that can out recruit that and Dana is damn sure not a coach that can out recruit that (like he will even try) and they will be in a world of shit especially with Texas being back, Baylor looking decent, Tech probably getting at least 1 more win and a bowl game because they do not have a dumb fuck as a head coach and TCU probably being better next year (never mind Jumbo Baggins kicking in the bag man program after their 8 or 9 win season)

Wow.... quite a write-up.

Some surprising info..... Holgy seems better than Major and the transfer portal should be a godsend for Dana at UH.  Guess we will find out over the next couple of seasons.