Tell me about UH

GhostofDanJones

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I don't think I've ever seen a coach and senior class work together to completely punt a year like this before. Dana really is bringing some innovative shit to UH.

So Holgy tanking to get #1 pick in Draft...

Wait, that's not right???   

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I dont think he has to worry about Tilman this season or next. Is King still recovering,  learning the offense some more? He better be careful, if he stays, thinking a rs year in the offense will make him better.... Holgo might find someone he likes better. After 3 head coaches, go your own way, owe no one

this can't possibly be good in the long run

what do all the other players that are busting their ass in practice and going out there and probably getting the shit kicked out of them THIS YEAR think especially the seniors and even more so the ones that will be "going pro in something besides sports"......I think there is a chance I might just say fuck this I have a free ride, I already know all the "cool kids" from being a player I think I am just going to quit and start sport fucking hot girls instead of wrestling with sweaty dudes every day.....or maybe just to save face go out there every game and half ass it

and what do some of those players that are coming back next year, but expected to play this year think.....oh cool here come the special ones off the sidelines to come in and save us and help us have a big year this year after quitting on us last year

I think if I was a lineman, defense player, or a number of other players that had a decent chance to transfer somewhere better I would toss it in and transfer portal immediately.....let some other assholes bust their ass this year so HOPEFULLY a couple of entitled chodes can be the super stars for next year

along with that dana is not exactly known for developing QBs and it is not like a lot of QBs lose all the poor habits and develop new found skills in less than a year for their final season....3+ years into things you pretty much are what you are and if I was a player I would be thinking a lot about that as well......do I really think that King is going to come out next year and light it up when he has played pretty poorly so far this year......nah I will take a zero on that and move on elsewhere

Edited by ButtFumble

7 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

what do all the other players that are busting their ass in practice and going out there and probably getting the shit kicked out of them THIS YEAR think especially the seniors and even more so the ones that will be "going pro in something besides sports"......I think there is a chance I might just say fuck this I have a free ride, I already know all the "cool kids" from being a player I think I am just going to quit and start sport fucking hot girls instead of wrestling with sweaty dudes every day.....or maybe just to save face go out there every game and half ass it

and what do some of those players that are coming back next year, but expected to play this year think.....oh cool here come the special ones off the sidelines to come in and save us and help us have a big year this year after quitting on us last year

I think if I was a lineman, defense player, or a number of other players that had a decent chance to transfer somewhere better I would toss it in and transfer portal immediately.....let some other assholes bust their ass this year so HOPEFULLY a couple of entitled chodes can be the super stars for next year

along with that dana is not exactly known for developing QBs and it is not like a lot of QBs lose all the poor habits and develop new found skills in less than a year for their final season....3+ years into things you pretty much are what you are and if I was a player I would be thinking a lot about that as well......do I really think that King is going to come out next year and light it up when he has played pretty poorly so far this year......nah I will take a zero on that and move on elsewhere

Why do you hate the English language so much?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

Might be over estimating the players UH have been bringing in thinking there are lots of better options.

Based on what's happening I'm guessing there are more players thinking about time we some real leaders here, next man up

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Might be over estimating the players UH have been bringing in thinking there are lots of better options.

Based on what's happening I'm guessing there are more players thinking about time we some real leaders here, next man up

There is some validity to that, but after last year with ed oliver and the way their D responded after he quit on the team. Well I would not be looking for the next man up to do too much other than get throttled. You also have to consider recruiting. Do you want to be a work a day 3* player coming to bust your ass for a team where it is known a few guys will get super extra special treatment or would you rather go somewhere else. Even if some players are thinking next man up there are probably some that are thinking I am not going pro so just go through the motions and get the degree and move on.

The funny thing is reading a couple of forums there are people that suddenly hate the transfer portal and think it is unfair and needs to be changed. When it was Alabama or Texas or anyone else big losing a player to their program the transfer portal was amazing and those players were the smartest evAR for leaving the bench and coming to their program to get meaningful playing time. Now all the sudden it is bullshit that a player can quit, get his classes paid for still, and then decide if he wants to leave or not later on down the road. I have no idea if king leaves or not, but the total change in outlook on the transfer portal is really funny.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

This looks like cover.  Maybe both guys are on track to graduate in the Spring or next summer and then be grad transfers.  That way they are "part of the program" until they graduate.

Just speculating.

Oh, and f Tillman Fertitta.

41 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Exactly what I said 

1 minute ago, Nope said:

If it happens that will be enough for them to change/tweak the rule

I'm actually surprised that the schools didn't reserve the right to grant a redshirt.  If a kid just decides to quit after 4 games like Bryant or King, it should be up to the school to ask that he be granted a redshirt season.  Playing in 4 or fewer shouldn't automatically be a redshirt.  

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm actually surprised that the schools didn't reserve the right to grant a redshirt.  If a kid just decides to quit after 4 games like Bryant or King, it should be up to the school to ask that he be granted a redshirt season.  Playing in 4 or fewer shouldn't automatically be a redshirt.  

They’ll probably decide that the 4 game rule will only apply to players in their first two years of school, or something like that. Otherwise you’ll have seniors all over the country quitting after 4 games if their team gets off to a slow start.

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Well the Bama transfer will be eligible next year, and he will probably get a shit ton of sacks and pressures.

The funny thing is reading a couple of forums there are people that suddenly hate the transfer portal and think it is unfair and needs to be changed. When it was Alabama or Texas or anyone else big losing a player to their program the transfer portal was amazing and those players were the smartest evAR for leaving the bench and coming to their program to get meaningful playing time. Now all the sudden it is bullshit that a player can quit, get his classes paid for still, and then decide if he wants to leave or not later on down the road. I have no idea if king leaves or not, but the total change in outlook on the transfer portal is really funny.

Being a SMU fan... I am extremely pro transfer portal.
  • Like 1

Well the Bama transfer will be eligible next year, and he will probably get a shit ton of sacks and pressures.

I honestly think SMU, TCU, and Houston have a huge advantage when it comes to the transfer portal because of how much talent those areas produce. I say that because a lot of our transfers are from the Metroplex and chose SMU to come back closer to home. I would think it would work the same way for Houston. TCU would probably outdo us if they used that strategy with GTs and non big 12 transfers.

2 hours ago, Nope said:

They’ll probably decide that the 4 game rule will only apply to players in their first two years of school, or something like that. Otherwise you’ll have seniors all over the country quitting after 4 games if their team gets off to a slow start.

Most seniors are already going to have been redshirted earlier.  

I honestly think SMU, TCU, and Houston have a huge advantage when it comes to the transfer portal because of how much talent those areas produce. I say that because a lot of our transfers are from the Metroplex and chose SMU to come back closer to home. I would think it would work the same way for Houston. TCU would probably outdo us if they used that strategy with GTs and non big 12 transfers.
so alpo gots a giant warehouse chock full of new trans ams out in euless for them transfer portal boys eh?

cjk5h!

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I like that it isn't discretionary, by the school or the NCFAA.

It either exists for everyone or it doesn't.

Shocking, actually, that it's written that way.