The Expanse (Amazon Prime)

MillerEP

28 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

So is it OK to use this thread as a place to start speculating on the potential differences between the book and show?

Yeah, I am wondering how they are going to keep a certain badass Martian Marine involved.

Let the speculation begin...but first the scenery looks amazing.  I was worried it would look like so many alien planets on TV (Western Canada).

Book spoliers lay ahead:

Spoiler

-So at the end of season 3 they had Bobbie Draper on the Roci, but I'm thinking they may have just done that as they thought the TV series might be over.  Judging by the trailer I'd say she won't be a major part of this season.  Instead, doing the veteran's affairs thing on Mars, and frightening homeless people.  Hope I'm wrong though.

-Avasarala and what is happening back in Sol system and Behemoth/Medina Station looks like it will be added.  Maybe Bobbie has a part there?

-I doubt Dimitri Havelock is included in the season.  He was kind of dull anyway.  I was thinking Bobbie might somehow take that role, but that doesn't make much sense.

-I have to assume Basia Merton will be included somehow.  He was already seen once in Season 2, played by Ryan Blakely.  However, I don't see him listed for 2019 on imdb.  Maybe a new character that takes his place?  I think that'll be Jakob Mazur played by Steven McCarthy.  There's also a character named Felcia Mazur listen on imdb, so that makes sense.

-In the book Naomi had to stay on the Roci in orbit as her belter physiology prevented her from being in Illus' gravity well.  I thought that was a bit odd as belters seem to do 1g or more of thrust.  I guess in the books they are always in crash couches.  If she is planet-side for the season, all the stuff in orbit is probably not included.  Crash couch seems too Ohio for me anyway.

-I hope they can keep Lyndie Greenwood as Elvi for the long term.  She plays a huge role in Tiamat's Wrath.

-IMDB also seems to indicate that a character named "Felip" appears in one episode.  I bet its the final episode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I know I’m talking to myself in this thread, but I now cringe whenever Chrisjen appears on screen. That noise she makes when she inhales creeps me out. There’s no way she’s healthy. There are times when she can’t get out two words without taking a breath.

She sounds like she smokes ten packs a day.

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I know I’m talking to myself in this thread, but I now cringe whenever Chrisjen appears on screen. That noise she makes when she inhales creeps me out. There’s no way she’s healthy. There are times when she can’t get out two words without taking a breath.

She sounds like she smokes ten packs a day.

I just hope they take her cussing up to 11 like the books.

• Like 1

The cussing does seem to have stepped up in season 3. I’m six episodes in and loving it.

There have been numerous examples where what happens next is very predictable. Most recently when Amos stops Prax from shooting Strickland and says “You’re not that guy...” You just know what line is coming next. And it’s great. Amos is far and away my favorite character.

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

The cussing does seem to have stepped up in season 3. I’m six episodes in and loving it.

There have been numerous examples where what happens next is very predictable. Most recently when Amos stops Prax from shooting Strickland and says “You’re not that guy...” You just know what line is coming next. And it’s great. Amos is far and away my favorite character.

This was literally one of my favorite moments on screen, movie or tv in years.  It was so perfect. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Is this worth starting from the beginning? I'm looking for a new show now that I'm done with the Hand Maid's Tale and need to wipe that shit from my memory.

its a slow burner.   first few  episodes are a  beating (i dislike most  of  the  characters) but after that you'll want to binge.     i caught on   to  this  once whereas im  still  not hooked to battlestar  galactica,  for   a   comparison

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Sees this thread a couple of months ago: 

Bunch of fucking nerds being nerds about this dumb nerd show that looks dumb. 

After watching all 3 seasons in 2 weeks: 

Oye mi belta beranta and sestas! 

Read the 8 books before you try to be one of us. 

• Like 1