[Game Thread] Kansas State @ Texas on FOX. GA tickets available for 25 because fuck everything

immamac

3 hours ago, Eastwood said:
3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:
Sark just admitted personnel changes were made after a lack of effort in the first half. So, #25.

Send the lazy ass, no heart, no pride, freeloading tourists packing. If you wanna get in the portal, then get in the motherfucker.

Yes

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Sark just admitted personnel changes were made after a lack of effort in the first half. So, #25.

And the D held KState to 6 0 points in the second half.  It's nice when you're not playing with 10 men on the field all the time.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I can respect giving a senior like Foster every opportunity to buy in.  But at some point, the players need to understand that the team comes first, and everyone is accountable to the team, regardless of seniority.  This is why Saban has been so successful - he demands accountability from his players, and there are consequences when players do not perform to the level that they are capable of performing.  This is exactly the mindset we need in this program.  I think this is a great first step, and I would really like to see it continue to develop under Sark's tenure.

You give him an opportunity to buy in during the off season. Not throughout the season.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

IIRC, Foster was a beast as a freshman, got hurt early sophomore year, and seemingly lost all interest in playing football after that.  
I'm not sure "beast" would describe his play as a freshman..he just had a few big hits that were memorable, some of which resulted in penalties that hurt more than helped. What I do remember are the times between those hits where he didnt know his assignment most of the time and couldnt defend a pass..
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:
IIRC, Foster was a beast as a freshman, got hurt early sophomore year, and seemingly lost all interest in playing football after that.  

I'm not sure "beast" would describe his play as a freshman..he just had a few big hits that were memorable, some of which resulted in penalties that hurt more than helped. What I do remember are the times between those hits where he didnt know his assignment most of the time and couldnt defend a pass..

He should have just quit the team for realz last year instead of quitting on every play for the past 2+ seasons

image.thumb.png.1a14a896bd27c34d7d4c3d86640c8566.png

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

we just need some higher IQ guys on defense.  Dudes that like to study with PK late at night. 

Sark was saying last week that we had guys who couldn't figure out on 3rd and 12 that they would throw the ball near that 12 yard mark, but would play it exactly like any other play.

BJ is the quintessential UT highly rated recruit turned underachiever.  Does well in high school but feels accomplishment just playing at Texas not playing well at Texas.  Not picking on him specially but he truly encompasses the diseased entitlement that plagues this program.  I think Sark knew this this early but let those true contributors have success throughout the season (RoJo) to show the rest of the team how things should be done.  It is clear he gave BJ every opportunity to show he was team motivated but BJ showed he only cares about himself.  The cream always rises to the top.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Juke_Em said:

The K-State Curse ended with Bill Snyder. He knew how to get the most out of those players and had our number. Klieman does not appear to be as good at "coaching them up", at least when they play us. They play OU tough though...for some reason he might be Riley's kryptonite

Well and Snyder always seemed to miss our best teams, 00,01, 04,05, 08,09 didn't play KSU.

4 hours ago, stork642 said:

BJ is the quintessential UT highly rated recruit turned underachiever.  Does well in high school but feels accomplishment just playing at Texas not playing well at Texas.  Not picking on him specially but he truly encompasses the diseased entitlement that plagues this program.  I think Sark knew this this early but let those true contributors have success throughout the season (RoJo) to show the rest of the team how things should be done.  It is clear he gave BJ every opportunity to show he was team motivated but BJ showed he only cares about himself.  The cream always rises to the top.  

And most turds sink to the bottom. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Juke_Em said:

K-State is not that good...just like WVU but both will go bowling. Incredible that we could not even get 6 wins...it's not that hard to get bowl-eligible in this conference just by beating up the weaker teams.

Hate to break it to you but....we are the weaker teams. Lol

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Haters gonna hate. Beat Kryptonite state. I’ll take that all day long. Good win going in to the off-season.

fuck me.... if you had told me that we would beat both purple teams this year and put 70 on Tech

I couldnt have guessed our record with 7 fucking attempts at it

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, bullet said:

'76 A&M game on Thanksgiving Day in the rain may have had 50k, but half were aggy.

Miserable freaking game spent in the upper deck (dad used to say it NEVER rained on gameday, then what the hell is pelting me ALL damn game?).....aggy mocked us the whole game with Wooooo (ala Steve Worster), every time Woodard carried the ball.