Archer

She’s Better Topless: Jeep Thread

Sold my 2000 Cherokee Sport 2 door (97,000 miles) to my youngest son. Sad to see it go.

Am now driving a little 2019 Honda Civic EX coupe turbo. Mixed emotions over the radical change in my rides.

I’ve continued to rebuild mine a piece at a time. Next project is to try and get the faded plastic black again. 

Here she is pre and post suspension work this spring

9-E09-F9-C7-0875-4593-BD80-63-A18-C1015-

On 11/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, Armybrat said:

Sold my 2000 Cherokee Sport 2 door (97,000 miles) to my youngest son. Sad to see it go.

Am now driving a little 2019 Honda Civic EX coupe turbo. Mixed emotions over the radical change in my rides.

Not to thread hijack, but how do you like that Civic Brat? I am looking at a Sport for my son right now. 

Edited by topochico

On 11/10/2019 at 8:55 PM, Archer said:

I’ve continued to rebuild mine a piece at a time. Next project is to try and get the faded plastic black again. 

I had the best luck with Mother's Back to Black. Not perfect, but made a huge difference. 

10 hours ago, topochico said:

Not to thread hijack, but how do you like that Civic Brat? I am looking at a Sport for my son right now. 

Really like it so far. It is pretty quick, even in economy mode.

The electronic dashboard takes some getting used to though, as the computer display is a bit confusing. The driver’s seat adjustments are manual rather than electric like the wife’s Accord. Only have 500 miles on it at this point.

Edited by Armybrat

Good to hear Brat. I would anticipate that my teen will adapt to the dash pretty quickly.

Here is a pic of my now sold Jeep to make amends for Honda talk.
2fa86635e100537e1cca54ef438d5ee2.jpg

On 11/10/2019 at 8:55 PM, Archer said:

I used this on my Jeep with good results.  It's kept in a metal building, but it's been a month and the plastic is still black

303 Aerospace Protectant

1 hour ago, Catpfish said:

I used this on my Jeep with good results.  It's kept in a metal building, but it's been a month and the plastic is still black

303 Aerospace Protectant

This is the best I have found. I am not a professional detailer or anything but I have tried several different brands and this one seems to be the best.

I’ll have to check it out. I bought a can of Penetrol which has gotten great reviews. If I’m disappointed I’ll try to 303. 

I haven't used it on my Jeep but 303 is pretty well regarded among my Florida boat owning crew of buddies. I usually apply to anything black that lives in the UV (tires, outboard cowling, truck bed cover, dashboard..). I have used it on my boat isenglass windshield and imagine it'd work very well on Jeep soft top windows.

Amazon will sell you a tub of 303 wipes if you want to just dip a toe in the water.

On 11/14/2019 at 1:52 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

This is the best I have found. I am not a professional detailer or anything but I have tried several different brands and this one seems to be the best.

You can usually find it locally at boat shops.

303 Aerospace Protectant
I buy the gallon jug on amazon, I use it for cars and boats. It even does a great job on gel coat.

I’ve been looking for a Jeep but tonight came across a 2 door Tahoe. If it runs and drives as well as the guy says I’m going to buy it tomorrow

1137890fa18ca1535707fe15a8b43425.jpg

Just bought another CJ7.  Part of the deal was a fresh long block assembly just out of the shop.  Most likely I'll strip down the CJ for parts to sell.  I wanted the 360 long block. It's 30 over, cam upgrade,  piston and rod upgrades, all new bearings.  Looks like a got some wrenching to do.  I thought I'd do some kinda throttle body kit  and a serpentine belt upgrade.  Not for sure yet.  I got a lot of research to do.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
because I can