Austin FC

Bottlecap

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Great game, and enjoyed the chilly weather. Looking forward to next season….they have to get better, right?

I think Driussi being acclimated to the team has made us much better already. We gotta get the back line sorted out, but the way the ball moves around with Driussi in the lineup is much better. He and Fagundez pushing forward is fun to watch.

Also, I've been ok with Pochettino in the past couple months too. I felt like he didnt fit, or wasn't trying early in the season, but he seems to have least found a spot as a real midfielder. IMO. Idk what the film study would say. 

3 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

I think Driussi being acclimated to the team has made us much better already. We gotta get the back line sorted out, but the way the ball moves around with Driussi in the lineup is much better. He and Fagundez pushing forward is fun to watch.

Also, I've been ok with Pochettino in the past couple months too. I felt like he didnt fit, or wasn't trying early in the season, but he seems to have least found a spot as a real midfielder. IMO. Idk what the film study would say. 

I'm still meh on him, leaning towards disappointed.

Also, Ring can be frustrating running hot and cold.  I've seen matches where he controlled the pace, set up some great plays, and made good shit happen.  And I've also seen matches where he's made a shitload of stupid/misplayed touches, including mistakes that did lead or could have led to opponent's goals (including last night -- he was sub-par).

I'm also not a Stroud fan -- sure, he scored last night, but Diego dropped a perfect pass onto his foot giving him a 1 on 1 shot on the keeper, and he STILL dilly dallied before the shot.  I'd have preferred to see Gallagher in his spot -- then I would have really liked our attacking lineup across the board.  I don't understand why Gallagher doesn't get more PT -- he is fast, and makes great touches.  I think his ideal role would be on the left side, using his speed, and feeding inside to Driussi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Wait... why was Austin not already exempted from the expansion draft? Seems like there should be a grace period of a couple years. 

Yeah, that's a fucked up rule.  "Welcome to the MLS.  Now give us one of your best forwards."  The fucking paint on our pitch isn't even dry yet and we're losing players?  I know we've got a buncha resident rule experts on here, but I would have just assumed at first blush you get a 2-3 year "cooling period" before your roster can get raided like this.  

Anyway, what time is the 2022 schedule dropping?  Need to get fired up for next season.  Basically just following nothing but Longhorn basketball right now, which is fine.  But need something to quench my thirst 'cause I give a shit about bowl games this year and Longhorn baseball is still 9 weeks away.

They pushing this link out saying it's "All Home Openers", but I feel like Dean Wormer at Faber College talking about D-Day's grades. 

"Austin FC.......has no home opener.  All matches, incomplete."  

https://www.mlssoccer.com/schedule/mls-schedule-2022

Nevermind, they "fixed the glitch"...we're now listed as home club for that opening with Cincinnati.  Rest of the season coming out later this morning.  Cool, cool.  They are still listing it as "5:00p-CDT" which pisses me off.  It's in late February, that's Standard time.  Like I tell every analyst or intern I've ever had, if you're unsure of when standard/saving times start and end, don't type the "D" or the "S", just type "CT" and the computer/phone will self-adjust. 

Edited by Lobo

13 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

wasn't he an Austin kid?

why let him go?

Austin FC could only protect 12 players plus a couple that are automatically protected.  Here is the list of players they protected:  Julio Cascante, Moussa Djitté, Cecilio Domínguez, Sebastián Driussi, Diego Fagundez, Žan Kolmanič, Nick Lima, Tomás Pochettino, Rodney Redes, Alex Ring, Jhohan Romaña, Brad Stuver.  I can't really argue that Gaines should have been protected over anyone else on the list.  Sad to see him go, though.

• Like 1