Austin FC

Bottlecap

Per earlier #18 is definitely playing CB and he has no idea what he's doing. Where did they find this guy? No one in the box and he's just sitting in front of the goalie making zero effort to play the ball. 

Just realized he's the one that scored on that nice header. So I guess he's balanced the ledger to some degree. 

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

That's exactly my point. Austin's suburbs are weighted heavily to the north. That shouldn't be used to define Austin proper. Dallas is similar. Most American suburbs of large cities are fairly interchangeable. No one is falling in love with Austin because of the vibe in Georgetown or Leander.

ok no one's arguing against that.  but the fact is for the austin metro area if you look at where the people are the geographic center of that population is right around where they built q2.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Per earlier #18 is definitely playing CB and he has no idea what he's doing. Where did they find this guy? No one in the box and he's just sitting in front of the goalie making zero effort to play the ball. 

Just realized he's the one that scored on that nice header. So I guess he's balanced the ledger to some degree. 

Lol he's also the guy that made the pass back to Stuver that got intercepted. He should be cut tomorrow. 

we don't have anyone better than cascante.  he's been pretty good other than this game and i'd argue this game he's been affected by ring playing more forward than usual.  that last goal, was kolmanic even on the screen?  i didn't see him.  it'd be so typical of wolff if he brings in berhalter. 

Just now, gsoda3 said:

we don't have anyone better than cascante.  he's been pretty good other than this game and i'd argue this game he's been affected by ring playing more forward than usual.  that last goal, was kolmanic even on the screen?  i didn't see him.  it'd be so typical of wolff if he brings in berhalter. 

I saw that too. Kolmanic was nowhere on the screen . Pepi cut to the middle of the box on one of his goal and somehow Cascante was way behind him struggling to get back to his CB spot. Seems like our gameplans was easily foiled tonight by just making runs to where our defenders have left their posts. Wtf. 

14 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

ok no one's arguing against that.  but the fact is for the austin metro area if you look at where the people are the geographic center of that population is right around where they built q2.

Yeah I understand that. Just saying that doesn't make it the center of Austin proper. I think real estate prices are a better metric for that than a geographic mean of population. 

Edited by ztejas

9 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

I don't watch a lot of MLS so I'm sure I'm overly critical. But that first half from him was irredeemably bad. Regardless of circumstance you should be able to display basic soccer instincts. If he's really the best option then CB seems like a huge need for this team in the offseason. 

I don't watch a lot of MLS so I'm sure I'm overly critical. But that first half from him was irredeemably bad. Regardless of circumstance you should be able to display basic soccer instincts. If he's really the best option then CB seems like a huge need for this team in the offseason. 
Yeah it's been bad tonight. The first three or four games of the season were really really bad for our back 4. Relatively speaking they've been doing well compared to that. Or at least well enough to where the focus of player acquisition was geared towards our goal scoring woes.

As for Cascante he's a good 1v1 guy and gets in the way of lots of shots. Marking in the box and positional awareness is not his strength.

Oh nice hookup driussi to fagundez, was he onside?

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

As for Cascante he's a good 1v1 guy and gets in the way of lots of shots. Marking in the box and positional awareness is not his strength.

I admittedly haven't watched a ton of this team. Just think that as far as bad games go that was really terrible. Maybe it's a one off and he can learn from it. The header he scored was really nice.

39 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I admittedly haven't watched a ton of this team. Just think that as far as bad games go that was really terrible. Maybe it's a one off and he can learn from it. The header he scored was really nice.

Yep, he wasn't the starter to begin the season, but came on after a few weeks and anchored the back line down. This is easily his worst game this season. But overall he's an MLS journeyman so the regression was due. 

7 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

One thing I wasn't sure about was having Ring playing further forward than Pereira. I thought it was obvious that Ring was our defensive anchor/motor guy, and from what I've seen, Pereira fancies himself a distributor and somewhat of a control guy............. so why that idea?

Because it worked great against Portland and apparently Josh didn’t notice that FCD plays a different style. Ate Austin up with the high press.

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Romana plays like me. But slower, clumsier, and dumber. None of which I imagined were possible.

This is not a bad team. It’s an inexcusably horrible team.

Romaña’s lumbering runs late, and asking for the ball inside the box on a give and go, were my favorite parts of the game.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Giving up 5 to Dallas at home has not gone over well.

Nor should it.  We scored three goals.  I haven't gone back an looked, but pretty sure we would have won the majority of the games scoring three goals.  All of the sudden we can't defend for shit, but can score goals?  Working out of the back can be productive, but does not work with lazy passes or stupid mistakes.  FC Dallas is not a good team, but they punked Austin FC at home.  Everyone should be upset about that.