Austin FC

Bottlecap

that kolmanic layoff was so typical.  terrible decision to sit cecilio, poch, and kolmanic when playing a 532 which is a bad decision in itself.  no true striker so let's play a formation where we need them to do more work than normal. and stanley got blown up in that formation, it wasn't good.

8 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

This Austinite is frustrated. Trying to stay positive and realistic.  

I'll get out of here since it is your thread, but as someone who was season ticket holder of the Dallas Burn from the beginning, it's a tough league not to be frustrated about.

Not really sure why it is that way, but I guess that's one more thing I don't really worry too much about.

I've never cared about the tables or results, or at least didn't after a couple of seasons.  I just enjoy some of the individual players and some of the individual games.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

This Austinite is frustrated. Trying to stay positive and realistic.  

I concur.

Everytime I start to believe the team has turned the corner they have disappointed.

After Houston, I looked at the schedule and thought August was going to be the month.  Go undefeated, nearly double their points, and get into playoff contention.

At least to me it seemed reasonable at the time.

Oh well.

24 minutes ago, Somnio said:

After Houston, I looked at the schedule and thought August was going to be the month.  Go undefeated, nearly double their points, and get into playoff contention.

Some of y'all need to quit counting points ahead of time. Cardinal futbol sin. 

How far along is Austin's academy?

Did they start last year?

Did they take over an existing soccer club?

There will be plenty of home growns from Central Texas in the coming decade, but it's far too early to bear fruit.

Does anyone know if San Antonio has a connection to the Dynamo, Austin, or Dallas? (Dallas has an affiliate in El Paso and Real Salt Lake has something in Arizona or New Mexico... I think.

How far along is Austin's academy?
Did they start last year?
Did they take over an existing soccer club?
There will be plenty of home growns from Central Texas in the coming decade, but it's far too early to bear fruit.
Does anyone know if San Antonio has a connection to the Dynamo, Austin, or Dallas? (Dallas has an affiliate in El Paso and Real Salt Lake has something in Arizona or New Mexico... I think.

Academy is still SUPER young.

Along those lines….they are trying to bring in talent from outside the area in Texas (think RGV and S. Texas), but they have a HUGE need for homes to host players - the home stay program will work much like an exchange student program, except there is actually a healthy stipend to help with food and such.

If any of you fan types are interested in hosting (host families are still needed, right now), PLEASE DM ME. I’m 100% serious, we can send you the info packet and even set up a conversation with Tyson, the academy director. Austin FC needs participation from the community, not just as fans but as a genuine part of the program. This is a perfect chance for that.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Somnio said:

I concur.

Everytime I start to believe the team has turned the corner they have disappointed.

At least to me it seemed reasonable at the time.

Oh well.

Expansion team. I get it but let’s enjoy the ride. This reminds me of the Mavs in the early 80’s at the beginning of the “Shout!” era. It’s fun and it will get progressively more fun for the next few years, at least, until they draft Uwe Blab and push in all their chips on Roy Tarpley.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Expansion team. I get it but let’s enjoy the ride. This reminds me of the Mavs in the early 80’s at the beginning of the “Shout!” era. It’s fun and it will get progressively more fun for the next few years, at least, until they draft Uwe Blab and push in all their chips on Roy Tarpley.

YEP. 1st season is a gift. Don't sweat losses. 

At what point do you say - Claudio, you’ve put together a really shitty team that is completely incapable of scoring goals? At what point do you demand slightly more? Or am I just a demanding asshole who should be satisfied with a shitty expansion team that doesn’t score?

I thought that was a red. if he gets by cascante there wasn't anyone who was going to catch up to him before getting off a shot.

Yeah….I probably would have kept it a yellow, I but it wasn’t an irrational red.

The lack of a cohesive attack and any ability to finish…it’s fucking exhausting to watch.

On 8/14/2021 at 10:29 PM, MidTexHorn said:

At what point do you say - Claudio, you’ve put together a really shitty team that is completely incapable of scoring goals? At what point do you demand slightly more? Or am I just a demanding asshole who should be satisfied with a shitty expansion team that doesn’t score?

Finishing around 10th in the west would be consistent with most first-year expansion teams. So, we have a climb ahead of us.

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Right after I posted somebody grabbed my tickets at $29. 

Wednesday night battle for last place is not the hottest ticket. Nowhere to go but up, though.

Kyle Martino is supposed to be at Circle tomorrow night doing a thing with Street FC, a hard court league he helped start. Pickup games at 5 and 6. Kyle promised it will be a “fucking cool time” on our call about it.

• Hook 'Em 1