Austin FC

Bottlecap

1 minute ago, Pasken said:

Why do you find the song annoying? 

I don't know if it's the song so much as the cell phone waving, and it felt like they sang it for about 10 minutes each half.  I know I'm just yelling at clouds, but I just don't think it's that cool or clever and it goes on for way too long.

59 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I don't know if it's the song so much as the cell phone waving, and it felt like they sang it for about 10 minutes each half.  I know I'm just yelling at clouds, but I just don't think it's that cool or clever and it goes on for way too long.

Maybe you're old as fuck bc everyone I know loves it. More and more people do it every week and it's going to look amazing when the whole stadium does it. 

Would you prefer doing the wave? Is that more your speed?

Edited by Pasken

4 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Maybe you're old as fuck bc everyone I know loves it. More and more people do it every week and it's going to look amazing when the whole stadium does it. 

Would you prefer doing the wave? Is that more your speed?

You asked me why I don't like it, now fuck off to my ignore list.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't hate it, but I get the sentiment, it is corny. It's another "look at us, let's stroke ourselves off" moment while the game is going on. It's not like the team gets anything from the lights, they're literally playing the game itself while it goes on. 

The SS also does the "saw em off" sway during the Cuervos chant, before they go wild, and that part I did hate, bc you know why. 

Anyway, finally saw my first 3 goals in person last night and was very gruntled. Poch finally showing himself in some good places, and was playing fast and crisp last night. Good to see Pereira back too, hopefully he plays more Saturday, along with Driussi. Let the ascent begin!

1 minute ago, BurdineBandit said:

I don't hate it, but I get the sentiment, it is corny. It's another "look at us, let's stroke ourselves off" moment while the game is going on. It's not like the team gets anything from the lights, they're literally playing the game itself while it goes on. 

The SS also does the "saw em off" sway during the Cuervos chant, before they go wild, and that part I did hate, bc you know why. 

Anyway, finally saw my first 3 goals in person last night and was very gruntled. Poch finally showing himself in some good places, and was playing fast and crisp last night. Good to see Pereira back too, hopefully he plays more Saturday, along with Driussi. Let the ascent begin!

I think "the team" would disagree. The players eat up everything unique that the SS does that spreads to the rest of the stadium. It's the reason why Austin has gotten so much positive attention despite being one of the worst teams. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Pasken said:

I think "the team" would disagree. The players eat up everything unique that the SS does that spreads to the rest of the stadium. It's the reason why Austin has gotten so much positive attention despite being one of the worst teams. 

Neither of us was talking about the SS as a whole, or the environment they create, we were just talking about that one song. It's ok to not like one song/show the SS does. That's just like, our opinion man. 

17 minutes ago, pied06 said:

for us out of towners, what song is it that is causing so much conversation?

The song is called "Havana" and it's a catchy pop song.  If it was just a short song they did once a game I would be good with it, but they do it once each half and it feels like they go on for 5-6 minutes.  I would be fine with that too, but the crowd also holds up their cell phones with the flash on and waves them around.  It's not terrible and I have no problem with people who like it, but I don't enjoy it or wish to participate.  I find the waving of a cell phone to be on the same level of lame and cliche as holding up a lighter or doing the wave.  I also just don't enjoy organized crowd participation as much as most people, which I know makes me lame.

I guess some people think the cell phone thing is amazing, and it might be once or twice but I don't love it.  I was quoted this morning for a comment i made during the game last night when they scored during the song.  I had joked that maybe they should stop singing it, and now it's a whole discussion.

What I noticed last night watching on TV is after we would score, the lights in the stadium either dim or go to a green filter.

Visually it was a bit annoying watching on a tv screen from home - maybe it translates better in person from the stands. Hopefully.

what say you, those who have attend home games?

4 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

are there any player specific chants yet?  definitely need ones for stuver and gallagher.

Maybe everybody could sing "If you like it then you should put RING on it..." and all the ladies can jangle their ring fingers in the air for 10 minutes.

No?  Just trying to be a good supporter here.

36 minutes ago, yoladu said:

What I noticed last night watching on TV is after we would score, the lights in the stadium either dim or go to a green filter.

Visually it was a bit annoying watching on a tv screen from home - maybe it translates better in person from the stands. Hopefully.

what say you, those who have attend home games?

I'm not sure why it looks so dark on tv, because it is not in person.  It's actually really cool.  Here's a photo that shows a more accurate idea of what the stadium looks like after a goal.

download.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Somnio said:

I'm not sure why it looks so dark on tv, because it is not in person.  It's actually really cool.  Here's a photo that shows a more accurate idea of what the stadium looks like after a goal.

download.jpeg

Because your eyes adjust to the difference in brightness. The video cameras aren't set to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Maybe the supporters will stop singing that annoying song where everyone waves their phones in the air. 

I mean I do it, but it's my least favorite song we do. My favorite, by far, is "El Equipo de la 5-12." That's the fucking jam. 

CINCO! UNO! DOS!

5 hours ago, Pasken said:

Why do you find the song annoying? 

It's a little annoying. But I didn't like Havana much either. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Is there a YouTube channel or something that has the chants? I know before the season started there was a video with four chants but that's the only thing I've seen.

https://lamurgadeaustin.org/

Videos for several.  Lyrics to the others.

Edited by Jerry Callo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

I wouldn’t mind limiting McKalla to once a game. We are building history on the fly here so it’s going to take a while to build out the songbook.

I suggested Bulls on Parade in the slack channel. Feel free to support. 

Rally round McKalla! 

With a pocket full of ["goals" or something soccer related/inclusive and appropriately non-violent]

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I suggested Bulls on Parade in the slack channel. Feel free to support. 

Rally round McKalla! 

With a pocket full of ["goals" or something soccer related/inclusive and appropriately non-violent]

Down with bulls on parade. 

Score more goals and none of this shit matters though.

• Hook 'Em 1

My 9 YO bought a box of popcorn last night just to throw in the air during Cuervos last night since he doesn’t have beer to throw. Equally proud and pissed about the waste of money.

You can bring in one bottle of water per person. You do have to open it and toss the cap at the gate. Cheaper than tossing a $5 water.