Austin FC

Bottlecap

17 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

Josh was noncommittal as shit about everyone else on the presser today, too. I’m more worried about Pereira/Gallagher than Djitte at this point.

Agreed. Pereira allows Poche and/or Fagundez to play where they're best at, and Manneh isn't in the "he just needs more PT to shine" stage of his career, he just isn't the solution to an absent Gallagher. 

50 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

I realize I’m being melodramatic. Just disappointed there doesn’t appear to be much urgency in the front office. Hope they’re just good at keeping secrets. 

That's the big question - How much do we trust Claudio's words? If we sign two more guys during this window, it will be completely consistent with what he's said all along about the roster build. If we don't sign anyone, then we have a low rent squad.

There are a lot of factors that come with bringing a player into camp - player, agent, family, buying team, selling team, etc. Sean Rubio's said that he's more surprised that any deals happen than any time one falls through. THAT SAID, there should be several deals in the works right now, with a couple to come through soon.

As far as keeping secrets, Cecilio and Pochettino were telegraphed. Djitte and Kolmanic came out of nowhere. So we've done a little of both.

• Hook 'Em 1

My go to has become to park in a $20 pay lot across street from Hopsquad. Other good options for free parking have been to grab pregame margaritas at Dos Salsas and leave car there for walk down Burnet or park at Oskar Blues, grab a couple beers, then walk over. Those free options are a bit longer walks but not bad at all. 

Train and busses are good options as well. 

Is parking at pickle research center an option? Their website says $6 parking, but I can't tell if you need a UT sponsor for the lots

Nope.

Google pavemint (that spelling) + Austin FC. That site handles all the 3rd party parking lots. The orange lot is a 2 minute walk to the gate. $45 though.

7 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

8:48 kick, yo. Moved it from Saturday to make it a National TV game.

Good God. 

I mean I'm obviously a night owl so I don't mind - but it seems ridiculous to make all of the fans in Austin wait until almost 9 pm to watch the game. 

15 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:
17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:
Is this getting pushed past the 8:48 start or are we just gonna get screwed out of some game viewing because of the earlier weather delay?

Just moved to ESPN2.

Appreciate it.  Anything interesting in the first 8 minutes?

(Inside MLS board meeting)

"People still aren't taking the MLS seriously. Any ideas?"

"Big game coming up - will be on national TV. I think we should kick it off at 8:50 local time and have both teams wear the same colored jerseys." 

"Love it"

Austin needs 3 points here. This Seattle lineup tonight is not good. The lack of finishing is brutal. 

Although this leviathan at striker has caused some problems. Need to keep him out of the back.

Edited by ztejas

I'm not high on Manneh, but he seems like the only one not giving the ball away around the box and he has been involved in two great opportunities on crosses, his nearpost header and Dominguez' shot that sailed wide.

At times, I feel like I see some strategy in the attacking 3rd, but most of the time we just try and play a ball to someone who is guarded and hope for the best. 

Edited by Chips O'Toole

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is it just me, or does this team fail to recognize opportunities to make a break?  Advantage in numbers gets wasted over and over.  Run, dammit.

Not just you. We've definitely been guilty of that a couple times. Space to run and we pass it back or across.