Austin FC

Bottlecap

6 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I get it new team and new fans but god damn no one realized MLS tv deal sucks and espn+ is a blackout locally? Good job fans

I have no idea where/why they're blocking. I live in Austin and am watching the game just fine with ESPN+ on my laptop so the blackout isn't local.

Ugh. Berhalter is shit and our possession through the middle is fucked anytime he's in the lineup. O realize we have no one else behind him. And for a defensive MF he sucks at defense too slow motherfucker 
In starting to realize he's only a defensive MF because of how deep he plays on the field. His defense is very overrated.

We need to play with more discipline. No Iook passes, taking too long to play the ball off our feet in our defensive third, not hustling back on defense... LAFC has too much quality to think we're going to win without improving on those items. We're going to lose by three or four if we don't watch out.

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

We need to play with more discipline. No Iook passes, taking too long to play the ball off our feet in our defensive third, not hustling back on defense... LAFC has too much quality to think we're going to win without improving on those items. We're going to lose by three or four if we don't watch out.

Too many decent breaks that don't get converted.  Shooters need to shoot, not think.

It’s the midfield being all out of whack that is making the back line give the ball away at a much higher rate. I’m not sold on them defensively but the giveaways are due to not having options. 

It’s the midfield being all out of whack that is making the back line give the ball away at a much higher rate. I’m not sold on them defensively but the giveaways are due to not having options. 
I appreciate Pochettino's contributions in that area much more now.
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, drt said:

We definitely lack foot speed, especially at right back.  Lots of chasing.

Of our starters Pochettino, Lima, and Gallagher were out with injuries and Pereira had to come off in the first half. We're pretty deep for an expansion team. Still have several holes we need to fill, especially along the outside back positions but we have a good base to work from.

5 minutes ago, drt said:

To be fair, we are not deep, we didn’t start our first 11, and we had to make subs to who we did start. Not pretty but we need to have better personnel available 

Yeah, this wasn't our best lineup, and doesn't even consider the new guy.  These are growing pains as much as anything.  I'm not expecting a deep playoff run, or even the playoffs, but I think things will improve soon with some healing and new adds.

I'm not a soccer guy, but I'm trying to learn. Anyway, it just felt like they were playing a little flat from what I saw. You'd think they had just played a match a couple of days earlier from the lack of energy. It might just be that we don't have the personnel yet on offense, but from the second half of the first half onward to the end they felt out-played and on the defensive.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I'm not a soccer guy, but I'm trying to learn. Anyway, it just felt like they were playing a little flat from what I saw. You'd think they had just played a match a couple of days earlier from the lack of energy. It might just be that we don't have the personnel yet on offense, but from the second half of the first half onward to the end they felt out-played and on the defensive.

I thought the energy was there in the first half and that we actually outplayed them. Gave up a goal due to a keeper error. And that appeared to be that. The second half was a different story. We pretty much sucked. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I thought the energy was there in the first half and that we actually outplayed them. Gave up a goal due to a keeper error. And that appeared to be that. The second half was a different story. We pretty much sucked. 

Yeah, that shitty goal caused by Stuver's lazy effort at putting the ball back in play seems like it was the turning point for the rest of the team.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Keep fucked up and we got broke down and gave the other. We had many many chances and just didn’t finish them. 

The way the second half went the only drama was whether or not they were gonna get that late second goal or not. I would have bet that they did. 

Yeah, Stroud needs to cross or shoot without it getting blocked every time. That was frustrating because we worked it really well to him several times in the first half with nothing to show for it. That left back completely shut him down. 

Supporters section was fun as always, and now I’m on the drunk train. It hasn’t left the Kramer station yet due to shenanigans and the cap metro lady is not having it. 

We had a SUPER happy Honduran drunk sitting in front of us this game. He was at least amusing….

148bfdd5dec04fb547c137fe266a1a14.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We had a SUPER happy Honduran drunk sitting in front of us this game. He was at least amusing….

148bfdd5dec04fb547c137fe266a1a14.jpg

He looks like he’s having fun. 

and speaking of fun guys, I saw Matt Mackowiak at the game again, and this time he had a brownish smear on the back of his slacks. I wonder if maybe he pulled a Kaitlin Bennett. 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Too many decent breaks that don't get converted.  Shooters need to shoot, not think.

yep. we were at the game, so not sure how it looked on tv, but it was obvious to me, the second they crossed into the box, they were trying to be too clever. 

yep. we were at the game, so not sure how it looked on tv, but it was obvious to me, the second they crossed into the box, they were trying to be too clever. 

This has been their chronic affliction: mentally, no ability to finish. They need to make a lot more one-touch decisions to send the ball to the goal. It doesn’t have to be the perfect shot….it just has to beat the keeper.

This has been their chronic affliction: mentally, no ability to finish. They need to make a lot more one-touch decisions to send the ball to the goal. It doesn’t have to be the perfect shot….it just has to beat the keeper.