Austin FC

Bottlecap

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Not hating. I'm hooked after last game. Just thought that tweet sounded straight out of MM's mouth. 

It's comical watching some diehard FC Dallas friends hate on that fact that Austin even got a team and how much better the ownership and experience already is compared to the Hunt's. The hatred/jealousy alone makes me cheer for Austin. I always wanted to pull for Dallas, but never seemed to care enough. 

6 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

It's comical watching some diehard FC Dallas friends hate on that fact that Austin even got a team and how much better the ownership and experience already is compared to the Hunt's. The hatred/jealousy alone makes me cheer for Austin. I always wanted to pull for Dallas, but never seemed to care enough. 

Huh?

I pull for the Dallas Burn and follow their youth development, but would much rather go to an Austin FC match than an FC Dallas match. (I have been to Frisco once. It kind of sucks.)

I am currently in Dallas, but would hop in my car and drive to Austin in a heartbeat over driving up to Frisco for a second FC Dallas snoozer. 

I’m not jealous of Ausrltin FC, I’m excited for them. Their first season excitement reminds me of Atlanta’s… only not quite as much talent on the field, yet. 💥🧨💥

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Is McCoughnagey (sp I don't give a fuck) writing the tweets?

Apparently you missed the fact that McCoughnagey (I'm fine with the spelling) is playing Josh Wolff in this video.  I think he got the accent right, but the makeup guys let him down a little bit. Look closely at Josh's McCoughnagey's nose; they clearly exaggerate for effect.

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I pull for the Dallas Burn and follow their youth development, but would much rather go to an Austin FC match than an FC Dallas match. (I have been to Frisco once. It kind of sucks.)

I am currently in Dallas, but would hop in my car and drive to Austin in a heartbeat over driving up to Frisco for a second FC Dallas snoozer. 

I’m not jealous of Ausrltin FC, I’m excited for them. Their first season excitement reminds me of Atlanta’s… only not quite as much talent on the field, yet. 💥🧨💥

I've followed this league since its inception in 1993 before the World Cup in 1994.  I've never been to a Burn game in all that time, but I will be there when Austin takes over that stadium August 7, 2021.  Austin will be treating the Dynamo like Texas treats the Cougars and Owls and will treat the Burn like SMU; rather than Burnt Orange taking over, it will be a sea of green in those stadiums.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I have never been to Frisco, and I am from Dallas. Is Frisco where 469 is?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I have never been to Frisco, and I am from Dallas. Is Frisco where 469 is?

Make sure that you have a full tank of gas.

Get on the Tollroad (Tollway... whatever) and drive NORTH.

Pass LBJ, Pass the curve around Spring Valley-ish, pass Belt Line/Arapaho, pass George Bush Turnpike, pass all of the "Park" related streets in Plano, keep going (check your FUEL gauge), pass Sam Rayburn Tollway (which looks like George Bush Turnpike Part 2) and then the IKEA on the right and the Rangers' AA team's ballpark just north of IKEA and I think that technically you are in Frisco, but you still have a ways to go. Pass some development atrocity on the left which is Jerry Jones' "The STAR in Frisco" and keep on going. If you feel like you're getting close to Lake Texhoma, then you are probably getting ready to exit and take a right. Past a couple of strip malls you'll notice some parking on the left and what looks like a fence around a cement wall. That wall is the TOP of the stadium that goes down into the ground. (The cheapest way to build a bowl.) Be prepared to be completely unimpressed, especially if you have been to a big high school stadium in the state of Texas.

I think (469) is spread all over the east side of the Metroplex.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Past a couple of strip malls you'll notice some parking on the left and what looks like a fence around a cement wall. That wall is the TOP of the stadium that goes down into the ground. (The cheapest way to build a bowl.) Be prepared to be completely unimpressed, especially if you have been to a big high school stadium in the state of Texas.

My brother used to live about half a mile from Pizza Hut Park (or whatever it's called now) in the mid '00s, so I've been to a number of games there.  It's not a bad place to watch a game, except if you have to sit in the full on sun on a hot day (I think they've added a little overhang but there's still very little shade), but yeah, I've always noticed how pretty much every new MLS stadium built since then has been considerably nicer and not so bare bones.

Stadium aside, that franchise was doomed when they decided to stick it in a super white suburb 30 odd miles from downtown Dallas.  I'm kinda glad I never got emotionally involved with FC Dallas, though, now that there's a team less than 2 miles from my house in Austin.  

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Where can I get some merchandise? I’m in Cali. Ain’t no academy’s or co-ops out here 

I thought that this was the COPA AMERICA thread and you were having trouble finding Colombia national team shwag in Cali, Colombia and I thought... "It should be pretty fucking easy to find."

I bought a hat from the MLS store... (Dallas hat though.) I will give you the link.

Buy away...

https://www.mlsstore.com/austin-fc/t-10362219+z-9310610-350450886?ab={wt-static_graphic}{pt-home}{al-teamlinks}{ct-Austin_FC}

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I thought that this was the COPA AMERICA thread and you were having trouble finding Colombia national team shwag in Cali, Colombia and I thought... "It should be pretty fucking easy to find."

I bought a hat from the MLS store... (Dallas hat though.) I will give you the link.

Buy away...

https://www.mlsstore.com/austin-fc/t-10362219+z-9310610-350450886?ab={wt-static_graphic}{pt-home}{al-teamlinks}{ct-Austin_FC}

Good lookin out

Copped a shirt. 

image.png.05fd745b59c832d5fd1e08529ea8bb91.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

Blackout rules apply to ESPN+.

Any other link available?

Are you in Austin? When I did the ESPN+, they asked to see my location and it led me to this link. It's long and ugly, but this is the URL I'm viewing.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/96d413cf-7f45-4367-853e-866485401b9a#om-navmethod=espnplus%3Arow0%3ALive%3Aslot5

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Are you in Austin? When I did the ESPN+, they asked to see my location and it led me to this link. It's long and ugly, but this is the URL I'm viewing.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/96d413cf-7f45-4367-853e-866485401b9a#om-navmethod=espnplus%3Arow0%3ALive%3Aslot5

Maybe try this link while viewing in Incognito mode.

• Hook 'Em 1