Austin FC

Bottlecap

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This has been their chronic affliction: mentally, no ability to finish. They need to make a lot more one-touch decisions to send the ball to the goal. It doesn’t have to be the perfect shot….it just has to beat the keeper.

it's a good point. i'd argue that it doesn't even have to beat the keeper, but getting that shot on target is the key. relentless pressure. make the keeper mess up. sort of like staying on 13 in blackjack when the dealer is showing a six. make them bust.

It's nobody's fault but mine (but that first goal was def Stuver, and the 2nd was def Berhalter), but I've been to 3 games this year, and I'll let yall guess what 3. Not giving them any more money without peeking at the starting lineups first. We needed Poch, we definitely couldn't do without Pereira with Poch out. That was the moment. Manneh ran really fast with the ball for like 20 minutes in game 2 and people loved him, but he is not the guy we need to help us fix offensive problems. 

10 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Took in first Q2 match tonight.
The atmosphere is legit.
Cool stadium

It was the first time I sat near the north end of the stadium and the atmosphere there was pretty dead. I'm going to try to stay seated near the SS.

14 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Took in first Q2 match tonight.
The atmosphere is legit.
Cool stadium

Yep, nice venue, state of the art, etc.   Only issue is that they need to add multiple screens in the concourse / near concession areas.  Shouldn't have to miss any game action if you go out to get a quick (wishful thinking) beer.  

Should be an easy fix and hopefully something they'll do sooner rather than later. 

4 hours ago, Pasken said:

It was the first time I sat near the north end of the stadium and the atmosphere there was pretty dead. I'm going to try to stay seated near the SS.

The energy was pretty weird all night. Not our best performance as fans on the whole.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

The energy was pretty weird all night. Not our best performance as fans on the whole.

Very true. And honestly the SS was a little Ho-hum compared to previous games. There were a lot of people in 103/104 that clearly bought off secondary basically just standing around and taking selfies. 
worried that AFC is becoming a thing to be seen at. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

Went to the opener and the game against the Timbers, but was out of town for the other two, so I sold my tickets. It was a hell of lot more fun in our win when there was a lot of action and, you know, goals. 3 shutouts at home kind of kills the f'n energy. 

13 hours ago, Blotto said:

Went to the opener and the game against the Timbers, but was out of town for the other two, so I sold my tickets. It was a hell of lot more fun in our win when there was a lot of action and, you know, goals. 3 shutouts at home kind of kills the f'n energy. 

I must have asked where the goals were going to come from 20 times on the podcast during the off-season. Hate being right on this one.

Feels like we have just enough players to be competent in attack but not enough depth to recover if any of them are out.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

I must have asked where the goals were going to come from 20 times on the podcast during the off-season. Hate being right on this one.

Feels like we have just enough players to be competent in attack but not enough depth to recover if any of them are out.

Do you think we'll see the new signing vs Tigres?

Very true. And honestly the SS was a little Ho-hum compared to previous games. There were a lot of people in 103/104 that clearly bought off secondary basically just standing around and taking selfies. 
worried that AFC is becoming a thing to be seen at. 

Becoming?

Dude, I’ve seen enough “big profile” folks I know at all the games to know that it STARTED as that.

It will thin out as they lose interest.

most of all we're lacking finishing quality.

That’s what she said?
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pasken said:

Man, I'm worried about home field advantage tomorrow night. Seems like a lot more tickets on sale for Tigres game.

We sold ours do to conflicts.  Interesting, Seatgeek recommended $76 per ticket, but I wanted to ensure we sold them so I listed them at $56 per.  30 minutes later they were bought by Seatgeek and relisted for $88 per.  These ticket places are printing money - 10% charge to me to sell and $26 per for anyone purchasing them at $88.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

We sold ours do to conflicts.  Interesting, Seatgeek recommended $76 per ticket, but I wanted to ensure we sold them so I listed them at $56 per.  30 minutes later they were bought by Seatgeek and relisted for $88 per.  These ticket places are printing money - 10% charge to me to sell and $26 per for anyone purchasing them at $88.

Yea they just keep re-listing the same tickets with $13 bucks in fees each time. It's a racket. 

19 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Wtf?

they have guys with 3 digit numbers?

Yeah, you have to do the conversion from metric.  

And yes to whomever said nice night for football.  Holy cow, I turned down an invite because had to work late and also figured it'd be 95 degrees still.  But it's just beautiful out.  Hope you fans there are enjoying it.  

10 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Second note. Friend with me got stopped at door. Made him toss smokes and lighter. Said prohibited. WTF?

Had no idea if they were allowed, but I've snuck into two games with a lighter just with a little sleight of hand at the metal detector . You gotta want that smoke bad enough. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

Liga MX requires all players all the way through the system, including the youth, to have unique numbers. If you’re not part of the first team then you get a three digit number.

Aztecs have always been good at calculating shit. 

(They got it from the Mayans.)

Josh was noncommittal as shit about everyone else on the presser today, too. I’m more worried about Pereira/Gallagher than Djitte at this point.

Luckily, Seattle has 12 healthy, eligible senior players. They’re worse off than we are on that front. Added some USL guys on an emergency basis just to field a squad.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

Josh was noncommittal as shit about everyone else on the presser today, too. I’m more worried about Pereira/Gallagher than Djitte at this point.

Luckily, Seattle has 12 healthy, eligible senior players. They’re worse off than we are on that front. Added some USL guys on an emergency basis just to field a squad.

One of those USL guys is 15.

5 preseason starters have missed substantial time for the Sounders this season, plus international callups. They haven't had a full roster in any match this season. I like Austin in this one. Really like your new house and hope to come down for a match someday. Great looking atmosphere. 

• Hook 'Em 1