Austin FC

Bottlecap

9 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

You can bring in one bottle of water per person. You do have to open it and toss the cap at the gate. Cheaper than tossing a $5 water.

51 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Pro-tip.  Fill up empty beer cup with water from the Yeti coolers.  I don't care how good the play is, I ain't throwing a $15 beer.

r/frugal is this way, boys

18 hours ago, Somnio said:

This is the one where you're supposed to bring out your phone with the flashlight on.  I think the song is catchy.  The flashlight thing?  I don't love it, but it doesn't bother me either.

I like the song, easy to hum to even if you don't know the words.

Here's my take on the songs/etc.  As a country, and probably a  little different in various areas we are a conglomeration of sport and soccer culture.

We grew up with the NFL/NBA/MLB with a TON of pagentry and more recently gimics.  

Many places have a strong college presence.

We watched the World Cup and had a lot of Spanish games and recently have had more of an English/European presence over the past ~15 years.  

As a country we incorporate some of ALL of that.  Some aspects probably stronger in certain parts of the country than others.  

You're not going to find Anfield in the US or azteca or the Maracana or even a library like Stamford Bridge.

From the outside, the atmosphere at Q2(or whatever it's called) is unbelievable, ESPECIALLY considering there have been ~10 or so games.  There will always be things you don't like about the crowd, but embrace it and grow it.  DON'T expect it to be like something you've watched or experienced somewhere else.

FCD started at the Cotton Bowl and didn't have the advantages AFC have, and I think it shows.  Can't wait to see how ot goes and hope the goals continue, just not this weekend.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

My 9 YO bought a box of popcorn last night just to throw in the air during Cuervos last night since he doesn’t have beer to throw. Equally proud and pissed about the waste of money.

Yeah I paid 12 dollars for each draft, I ain't throwing shit. Mayyyybe if someone scores a banger, but not for a song. It is one of the cooler ones we do, but after Saturday's display of ineptness I was not a fan. On top of being down 1-0, having to look at that prick from Colorado, and the prick ref, and a Redes grass kick... was not a happy camper, then they play Cuervos and I caught a face full of water from somebody. All I needed was somebody to spill nachos on me and I probably would've never gone back to see the 3 on Wednesday. 

3 hours ago, pied06 said:

I like the song, easy to hum to even if you don't know the words.

Here's my take on the songs/etc.  As a country, and probably a  little different in various areas we are a conglomeration of sport and soccer culture.

We grew up with the NFL/NBA/MLB with a TON of pagentry and more recently gimics.  

Many places have a strong college presence.

We watched the World Cup and had a lot of Spanish games and recently have had more of an English/European presence over the past ~15 years.  

As a country we incorporate some of ALL of that.  Some aspects probably stronger in certain parts of the country than others.  

You're not going to find Anfield in the US or azteca or the Maracana or even a library like Stamford Bridge.

From the outside, the atmosphere at Q2(or whatever it's called) is unbelievable, ESPECIALLY considering there have been ~10 or so games.  There will always be things you don't like about the crowd, but embrace it and grow it.  DON'T expect it to be like something you've watched or experienced somewhere else.

FCD started at the Cotton Bowl and didn't have the advantages AFC have, and I think it shows.  Can't wait to see how ot goes and hope the goals continue, just not this weekend.

I love this take. Also, we are creating the experience right now that people will consume (hopefully) decades down the road. We need to get it right. And we need to do it in a way that authentically represents both the sport and the city. We are trying our best to live up to that.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Ferreira is going to rip out Austin's heads and Pepi is going to shit down their necks.

Anyway, at least I hope so, you bitches.

Aren't we supposed to use the general MLS thread from cross-team shit talking?

In baseball that's the way it's done for Rangers/Astros taunts and I believe that the same for Spurs/Rockets/Rangers shit.

I will be unable to attend this evening, but I do hope that there is lots of scoring from both sides.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Ferreira is going to rip out Austin's heads and Pepi is going to shit down their necks.

Anyway, at least I hope so, you bitches.

Driussi will score his first 4 MLS goals tonight in front of 15,000 Austin FC fans in FC Frisco's own stadium.

Edited by Somnio
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Aren't we supposed to use the general MLS thread from cross-team shit talking?

In baseball that's the way it's done for Rangers/Astros taunts and I believe that the same for Spurs/Rockets/Rangers shit.

I'm new to this forum but the Rangers/Astros/Spurs/Rockets/Rangers II can all got to hell.

Actually, this will be my first game of the year.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

Watching the videos on social of the buses to Frisco is giving me serious FOMO.

I was considering going solo, because I couldn't rally any childhood buddies and my brother was out of town....

...and then late last night my sister called asking if I could watch her two elderly & neurotic dogs who piss, shit, and bark when left along for longer than a few minutes, because she was going to be out of town for the weekend and her go-to kennel was full for the weekend.

Now I'm going to walk the pups and then watch the game while cooking up some Kuby's brats.

55 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Looks like it only took 2.5 hours longer then expected for the buses to make Frisco.

Let’s see some hot Driussi action tonight.

Reminds me of taking a bus our of Buenos Aires' main bus station Wednesday afternoon before Semana Santa.

Going down to Mar del Plata one year it took us 2 hours to go the first 2 miles from the station. The "5 hour ride" (via bus) only took 9 hours that year.

Not nearly as bad as my bus rides to & from Buenos Aires and Florianopolis, Brazil. Those took 28 hours each way even though one way was supposedly 24 hours with stops and the other way was supposed to be 26 hours with stops. Both ways ended up being 28 hours with stops. Fun... but I didn't see a futebol match in Florianopolis while on vacation. 

4 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Driussi on the bench: 

Interesting.  Pochettino, Dominguez, Kolmanic, Lima as well.  My hunch is we'll be using all 5 substitutions tonight.  Strong group to bring in as relief.  This should be interesting. 

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Same. Hearing Austin chants in Dallas is the tits. That environment looks dead. Lots of empty seats.

How could anyone think that Frisco would be dead on a muggy Summer night?

😵

Frisco is so much more lit 🔥 than downtown Dallas in the Farmers Market area just a short walk from Deep Ellum.