Austin FC

Bottlecap

20 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:
20 hours ago, BrickHorn said:
Lima sucks. That yellow is good reason to sub Jimenez into the game.

I've been Team Jimenez since early last year. Lima probably has the edge on pure defending, but Jimenez is a much better on the attack.

Jiminez is a 12 year MLS vet, has played 201 regular season games with a whopping total of 7 goals, averaging less than a goal a year. I think we can manage without his offensive prowess. I think I like Lima better when healthy (he had the hammy last year).

Was at the game last night.  Had a blast

- Was sitting right at 18 yard box on side of Mota's free kick at end of half.  You could tell that he and Higuain were hatching something.  Almost paid off.  Great save by Stuv.

- Yedlin is a beast.  I love the guy when he plays for US, but he was a bit annoying last nightwith the gamesmanship.  Still, dude is built like a tank and was cool to see him in person.  

- Watched a lot of Keller in first half since he was right in front of me.  He seems really good notwithstanding the foul on Higuain.  Walker Zimmerman parallels?

- Man, does Pochettino's run last year look even worse now.  What a disaster of a designated player signing.

- Do they have a stat for rolling around after a tackle then getting up and returning to the game?  If so, Cecilio would lead the league I'm pretty sure.  Wish he'd cut that shit out.

- I really like Kolmanic

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:
7 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Where the fuck am I supposed to watch this? Just remembered that ESPN+ blacks the games out in Austin. 

Try austinfc.com/stream

Yeah I was surprised they were offering a livestream, didnt even have to scramble for some rando link. 

9 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:
11 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Where the fuck am I supposed to watch this? Just remembered that ESPN+ blacks the games out in Austin. 

KNVA (1012 on Uverse)

Mannnnn I ain't got cable.

9 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:
12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Try austinfc.com/stream

Thanks. Perfect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:
5 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:
Starting to get burned on the counter.

Yeah, and not feeling good about the insistence to play short passes in tight spaces in our defensive third.

I feel better about this team than last year's team with that shit. Not great, but better. 

6 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

5 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:
6 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Yeah, and not feeling good about the insistence to play short passes in tight spaces in our defensive third.

D looks a little shaky but we're killing it on the other end. A goal is coming.

This team's creativity in the final 3rd is really impressive - especially for an MLS side. (However the finishing is still painfully MLS level at times)

The back 3/4 (whatever we're playing) still seems kind of shitty. But, you know, score 3 goals a game in this league and it doesn't matter that much. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1