Austin FC

Bottlecap

Messy second half with the rain and officiating, and we appeared to run out of gas and creativity around the 80 minute mark.  Portland defended well in the box, we had like 10 or so corners and I can't remember getting any headers on goal. 

I guess we won't win every game this season by 4 goals which is bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Hitting my first game tomorrow with the family. Tell me where to pregame the food and drinks within walking distance.

park in the lot or in the cul de sac at the brewtorium (opens noon on sundays), have some lunch and a dark lager at the brewery, walk to the highland station and grab the train up to the kramer station, hang a right towards Circle and/or hopsquad. have a pint, then get a to-go walkie beer to drink on the 15 min walk to the stadium.  then do it again in reverse.

• Hook 'Em 4

18 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

The hell was the point in sitting Fagundez? He's the engine of this team and runs his ass off, it's not like he only has 40 good minutes in him. That's Cecilio. 

And I'm actually ok with 1 point against Seattle. Let's get the full three when we're supposed to, like Saturday. 

No idea what the point was with that.  Fagundez's motor never quits, and he creates opportunities.  I also don't understand why we WAY underuse Gallagher -- he's incredibly fast, and both creates opportunities with his speed AND gets back to defend in a hurry (that kick back after running down a long ball near the end was amazing).

And again....Djitte was maddening to watch.  It was like watching a confused kid run around, and not even particularly fast when he was doing so.  He was rarely where he needed to be, made few decent plays on a ball to try to gain possession, and he blew his touch on shots that he should have buried twice.  Watching him was killing me. 

Took in my first game yesterday. Night and day from the shit Revs experience. If you can't fill a football stadium, and the Revs out in the sticks can't, then you need a dedicated soccer stadium. Fantastic experience. Wish Austin had won, but the draw was better than a loss.

370B843A-0545-4FE4-8D04-9656F3AFBBAA.thumb.jpeg.4941b55bb43c03647309694e5009781f.jpeg

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 3/21/2022 at 4:57 PM, Captain Ron said:

Took in my first game yesterday. Night and day from the shit Revs experience. If you can't fill a football stadium, and the Revs out in the sticks can't, then you need a dedicated soccer stadium. Fantastic experience. Wish Austin had won, but the draw was better than a loss.

370B843A-0545-4FE4-8D04-9656F3AFBBAA.thumb.jpeg.4941b55bb43c03647309694e5009781f.jpeg

Well as they say a tie is like kissing your sister, but the way Austin is coming up it's more like kissing a really hot step sister. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

I'll most likely be down there for when Verde takes on Dallas in June. Thinking about going to their home game April 23rd against Vancouver as well as long as it doesn't conflict with the UT spring game. Anyone else going? Any of y'all have season tickets? 

Edited by Longboard Horn

That's a big miss by Ring. Finlay had a point blank shot on that Ring cross earlier that he couldn't keep down as well. 

A lot of really good opportunities created that half. The backline was shaky at times, but defended well in the box and blocked a couple of shots that would have likely gone in if they were on target. 

Stuver's Cruyff turn was both dynamic and idiotic. 

Hopefully we get another goal, I don't think we will keep them out in the second half.  They seem dangerous on the counter.