Jump to content
kevwun

Netflix Recommendations

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I just downloaded the first three episodes of Wild, Wild Country. Guess I'll give it a go on my work trip this week.

what is it? Also, where are you going on your work trip?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild, Wild Country was an incredible docu-series, with the creators giving shifting perspectives on where you should eventually land as viewers.  I had no idea the extent of the ensuing chaos as a (somehow) buried chapter of recent American history.  Absolutely bat-shit. I'd love to hear opinions after viewing all six parts on both Sheela and Osho/Bhajwan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DarthBalls said:

I watched a Castelvania anime on there last night, and....somehow it was good (sorry)

They are supposed to have another season coming soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 6:35 PM, Hook1997 said:

If you are in the mood for some dumb comedy, Game Over, Man has some pretty funny parts.

I liked this movie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never downloaded something from Netflix on my phone to watch later.  I spend a fair amount of time on airplanes.  If I download something to my phone using the Netflix app, how long will it stay on my device before it "expires" or can no longer be viewed?  I'd hate to board a flight expecting to watch something and get stuck having to read or (God forbid) work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Wild, Wild Country was an incredible docu-series, with the creators giving shifting perspectives on where you should eventually land as viewers.  I had no idea the extent of the ensuing chaos as a (somehow) buried chapter of recent American history.  Absolutely bat-shit. I'd love to hear opinions after viewing all six parts on both Sheela and Osho/Bhajwan. 

 

I started a separate thread on it in this forum. I find the topic very interesting and would love some more discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, longhorndude said:

Godless was pretty kick sass if you like violent westerns.  

it was so gosh darn good...until the final episode where many beds were shat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, longhorndude said:

Godless was pretty kick sass if you like violent westerns.  

And who the hell doesn't? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Into The Badlands aint bad. me likey the chicks and fight scenes

The fight scenes are spectacular

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

second season of occupied just came out.  really enjoyed the first season and curious what they intend to do with the second...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hoosier Longhorn said:

Currently I'm watching Jessica Jones. I'm not a Marvel or sci fi guy but so far I like it for the most part. 

First season is really strong.  Changes a lot in the second and not sold yet.  They seem to have trouble keeping these going for more than the initial storyline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, kmac30 said:

I blitzkreig'd Babylon Berlin season 1 on my way home from Italy yesterday.  Awesome series. I took German in high school and college and it's actually coming back as its going along.  Makes it easier to only read half of the show.

so good.  Lotte sort of grows on you, then you see her naked and she really grows on you!  Love this show.

 

Babylon-Berlin-Lisa-Liv-Fries-Charlotte-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, kmac30 said:

I blitzkreig'd Babylon Berlin season 1 on my way home from Italy yesterday.  Awesome series. I took German in high school and college and it's actually coming back as its going along.  Makes it easier to only read half of the show.

 

Along with the 2006 Rose Bowl, it is the best thing I've seen on TV in the last 15  years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 9:34 AM, sidis said:

second season of occupied just came out.  really enjoyed the first season and curious what they intend to do with the second...

Just finished season 2. I thought it was better than season 1. Lots of twists and turns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SIAP, but for something different from the usual shag fare, you might try "Bad Match."  It's kinda like fatal attraction for the tinder generation.  It's not a particularly great movie, but it's short, the chick is hot, and it was entertaining enough.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New season of Trailer Park Boys is way better than any of the other netflix original seasons. It's way more contained and just has them up to their old shenanigans. The dialogue doesn't seem forced and they aren't caricatures of their old selves. And none of the famous person bullshit and ridiculous guest spots that ruined the flow. 

 

No J-Roc though which is fucked up. And RIP Lahey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you are 90s kid. Everything Sucks is enjoyable.
 
Second to that on Wind River

Watched it late last night. Really good but painful. Got a young daughter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Altered Carbon was a pretty fun watch as well. Very cyberpunk. 

Agreed on Altered Carbon. Was a great watch.

In the middle of Jessica Jones S2.

Got a few eps into Wild Country and then lost interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 12:46 AM, Hurtlocker said:

The first half of it was fucking hilarious, it kind of faded though.   Hoping season 2 is a riot.

Do I need to add Stranger Things?

 

I think season 2 was better than 1 - pretty strong ending. It’s an easy watch for simple entertainment.

 

Stranger Things is solid and unique. You should add it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished season 4 of Peaky Blinders last night.  I had given up on it a couple times because I was tired of rewinding it to figure out what they said, but once I turned on subtitles I stuck with it. Toward the end (for now anyway) Tommy is such a shithead it reminded me of how painful it became to watch Walter White in the last couple seasons of BB.  I think Peaky Blinders peaked when they were just a bunch of Small Heath thugs running bets.  It's a good show and I'll watch season 5 next year, but I think I enjoyed it earlier more than later.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chuychanga said:

Just finished season 4 of Peaky Blinders last night.  I had given up on it a couple times because I was tired of rewinding it to figure out what they said, but once I turned on subtitles I stuck with it. Toward the end (for now anyway) Tommy is such a shithead it reminded me of how painful it became to watch Walter White in the last couple seasons of BB.  I think Peaky Blinders peaked when they were just a bunch of Small Heath thugs running bets.  It's a good show and I'll watch season 5 next year, but I think I enjoyed it earlier more than later.  

In for more slo-mo shots of them walking and smoking?  I swear that's 30% of the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 12:44 PM, MAROON said:

so good.  Lotte sort of grows on you, then you see her naked and she really grows on you!  Love this show.

 

Babylon-Berlin-Lisa-Liv-Fries-Charlotte-

She plays the lesbian bartender in Counterpart as well.   Better boob scenes, IMO.

image?id=878744%26xmax=500%26ymax=500&f=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else have problems with Netflix?  I’ve been trying to watch Wild Wild Country for the past week and every time it won’t download.  Started a few times and it crapped out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bigcigar said:

I think season 2 was better than 1 - pretty strong ending. It’s an easy watch for simple entertainment

Stranger Things is solid and unique. You should add it.

Thanks for the insight on Santa Clara 2.     As for Stranger Things, I should have been more specific.  I burned through both seasons, I meant do I even need to bring it up as a definite Netflix watch or is that in the "well of course, knucklehead" category? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...