Jump to content
markstanco

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez 

Recommended Posts

I liked her. But she's already a hypocrite before she has even won the general election. She knocked Crowley on being a national politician rather than representing his district. She was right about that. She is also stumping for someone else in Kansas now.  Not sure what Kansas has to do with NY 14. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I liked her. But she's already a hypocrite before she has even won the general election. She knocked Crowley on being a national politician rather than representing his district. She was right about that. She is also stumping for someone else in Kansas now.  Not sure what Kansas has to do with NY 14. 

National politician like advocating for things that do not represent the interests of the people in NY14. Stumping for someone in Kansas that has similar ideals to hers in order to help said people in NY14. Strength in numbers to get legislation/bills passed? Is that how it works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She may be too far left for the present, but i think she's a bridge to the future. From everything I read the majority of under 30 year olds are supportive of her beliefs and their numbers will continue to grow i think. That's why Bernie was such a hit with younger crowds. They are much more globally focused and want equality for everyone. They are much more open to policies that give free healthcare, college education, and the like and are willing to pay higher taxes for it.

I think that in 10 or 20 years all the things the right are fighting so hard to hang onto will be long gone. Bernie got things started and she'll push it further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dropout said:

National politician like advocating for things that do not represent the interests of the people in NY14. Stumping for someone in Kansas that has similar ideals to hers in order to help said people in NY14. Strength in numbers to get legislation/bills passed? Is that how it works?

She beat someone that shares her entire platform simply because he worked with other Democrats in Congress, and stumped nationwide. So for sure, I didn't expect her to already be a huge hypocrite before she even won the general.  I expect her to do what NY 14 wants. I expect the Kansas person to do what that district wants. If they need to negotiate, they can do it when they're both in Congress. Instead, shes already the same shit as Crowley and hasn't even spent a day in Congress yet. 

She isnt actually left of Crowley, you know. Their platforms were actually identical. This is what she ran on. Shes a hypocrite already. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It thinks always good when somebody gets primaried in a single party district. In the bigger picture on far left rep probably isn’t going to amount to much in the house as far as changing much substantial unless there is a big shift. The fossils can’t hold on forever, and it’s probably not bad to have a younger crowd start working in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like an interesting person, but one random freshman House rep in a safe district isn't nationally significant.   Cowley was significant based on his leadership role, so the primary result was news, but I don't give much of a shit about the story going forward.   Check back on her in ten years and see where she goes from here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I hope the Republicans vilify her as much as possible because she actually rocks. 

😂😂😂

Vilify???  

Oh hell no!  I'd like to see her as the FACE of the DNC!!! 

Sure Bernie is good...and GrandmaKankles is awesome...but they're not going to live forever. 😥

With She Guevara, we've got potentially 50 years of dipshittery to look forward to!   She's perfect...she's the poster child for how even elite colleges don't make you smart.  With a $280,000 Boston University education in economics, She Guevara has the same economic knowledge as my yellow lab.  Having an economics degree and embracing socialism is like having a medical degree and embracing blood letting as your go to cure-all.  

The more she speaks the dumber she sounds.  Lucky for us the leftist & their minions in the MSM painted her as a Presidential candidate after winning a leftist stronghold with 14,000 votes.  😂🤣😂

Sadly, the GOP 'elite' will probably fuck this up yet.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

She may be too far left for the present, but i think she's a bridge to the future. From everything I read the majority of under 30 year olds are supportive of her beliefs and their numbers will continue to grow i think. That's why Bernie was such a hit with younger crowds. They are much more globally focused and want equality for everyone. They are much more open to policies that give free healthcare, college education, and the like and are willing to pay higher taxes for it.

I think that in 10 or 20 years all the things the right are fighting so hard to hang onto will be long gone. Bernie got things started and she'll push it further.

The majority of young people are always more likely to support of those beliefs until they get older and aren't so supportive anymore.

Edited by longhornmatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

The majority of young people are always more likely to support of those beliefs until they get a job and see their first withholding statement and aren't so supportive anymore.

Along with this, coincidentally, historically speaking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's awesome.

47 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I liked her. But she's already a hypocrite before she has even won the general election. She knocked Crowley on being a national politician rather than representing his district. She was right about that. She is also stumping for someone else in Kansas now.  Not sure what Kansas has to do with NY 14. 

Hot takes incoming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I hope the Republicans vilify her as much as possible because she actually rocks.

Vilify a socialist who supports a Muslim gubernatorial candidate?  The Republicans would like nothing better than to portray her as the face of the Democratic Party, with Maxine thrown in as a bonus.

Edited by Cacti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

She's awesome.

Hot takes incoming

Ok. How is her platform different from Crowleys?

You do realize hes also a progressive left winger, right? 

You assclowns act like she just replaced Hillary or a blue dog. She didn't. She replaced the most liberal member of Congress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great platform for younger dems to leach on to: hand outs for everyone, paid for by the rich. I hope she keeps taking interviews on economic policies, tax reform, and foreign policy - it shows just how big of an Idiot she is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

She beat someone that shares her entire platform simply because he worked with other Democrats in Congress, and stumped nationwide. So for sure, I didn't expect her to already be a huge hypocrite before she even won the general.  I expect her to do what NY 14 wants. I expect the Kansas person to do what that district wants. If they need to negotiate, they can do it when they're both in Congress. Instead, shes already the same shit as Crowley and hasn't even spent a day in Congress yet. 

She isnt actually left of Crowley, you know. Their platforms were actually identical. This is what she ran on. Shes a hypocrite already. 

Definitely to the left of Crowley. Can start w Crowley not supporting Medicare for all until the primary. I wonder why that was? Maybe his opponent was going to hammer him on it. How convenient w the change of heart.

And taking corporate money. Was one of the top fundraisers in the Democratic Party compliments of Wall Street, insurance, and other large corporations. I’m sure those companies gift that money from the goodness in their hearts. Especially the 2nd 3rd 4th time however many times he’s won that district. They give over and over for no reason. Ocasio-Cortez raises her money from the people. Crowley and Ocasio-Cortez are as different as Clinton and Sanders. They work for corporate money and conveniently switch positions in public when their losing positions get called out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Crowley's family literally lives in Alexandria, VA and his kids go to school there. 

But AOC did leave the state for a little bit, so she's a hypocrite.

lol

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

You assclowns act like she just replaced Hillary or a blue dog. She didn't. She replaced the most liberal member of Congress.

She's replacing a member of the Democratic Party elite, which is cool and good.

She openly calls herself a Democratic Socialist, which is cool and good.

You seem real mad about nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dropout said:

Definitely to the left of Crowley. Can start w Crowley not supporting Medicare for all until the primary. I wonder why that was? Maybe his opponent was going to hammer him on it. How convenient w the change of heart.

And taking corporate money. Was one of the top fundraisers in the Democratic Party compliments of Wall Street, insurance, and other large corporations. I’m sure those companies gift that money from the goodness in their hearts. Especially the 2nd 3rd 4th time however many times he’s won that district. They give over and over for no reason. Ocasio-Cortez raises her money from the people. Crowley and Ocasio-Cortez are as different as Clinton and Sanders. They work for corporate money and conveniently switch positions in public when their losing positions get called out.

Crowley supported single payer since before the ACA. Its hardly a new position. 

And Ocasio isnt taking money from jobless people. She also takes corporate money. And her entire campaign was run by DSA operatives from Detroit. It was in no way local. Now shes in Kansas.  But Crowley went to California one time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Joe Crowley's family literally lives in Alexandria, VA and his kids go to school there. 

But AOC did leave the state for a little bit, so she's a hypocrite.

lol

She's replacing a member of the Democratic Party elite, which is cool and good.

She openly calls herself a Democratic Socialist, which is cool and good.

You seem real mad about nothing.

Yeah. Hes a fucking Congressman. Congress is in DC. O-C is about to live there too. Good on him for keeping his kids nearby. 

Yeah, he was Democrat party elite and also the single most progressive member of Congress. Congrats on losing a progressive leadership position, I guess. Now you have nobody near the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FondrenRoad said:

Crowley supported single payer since before the ACA. Its hardly a new position. 

And Ocasio isnt taking money from jobless people. She also takes corporate money. And her entire campaign was run by DSA operatives from Detroit. It was in no way local. Now shes in Kansas.  But Crowley went to California one time. 

It's funny when someone starts with "I used to like Person X" and then, with every new post, reveals they've always hated them and been irrationally furious at them.

Also funny is the idea that taking money from people who have jobs is the same as taking corporate interest money... you're just killing it with the hot takes. You should work for CNN's Twitter department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It's funny when someone starts with "I used to like Person X" and then, with every new post, reveals they've always hated them and been irrationally furious at them.

Also funny is the idea that taking money from people who have jobs is the same as taking corporate interest money... you're just killing it with the hot takes. You should work for CNN's Twitter department.

I'm most likely to the left of you on every topic except privacy. Crowley was better for your cause because he had the means to push it once Dems take back the house. O-C doesnt. 

I never hated O-C and still dont. I voted for her because Crowley was nationwide.  Then she stumped nationwide too.  She needs to stay in her district like she promised and you need to stay in yours. Go worry about toppling whatever GOP congressman represents you. That's how you get progressive legislation passed. Not by replacing progressives with progressives. 

She took most of her money from outside her district. So did Crowley. To me that's the no-no. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I'm most likely to the left of you on every topic except privacy.

200w.gif

Quote

Crowley was better for your cause because he had the means to push it once Dems take back the house. O-C doesnt.

Crowley and Co have been real good at pushing progressive agendas into law. lol

Quote

She needs to stay in her district like she promised and you need to stay in yours.

She promised to literally never leave the district?

Dude, that's wild.

Quote

Go worry about toppling whatever GOP congressman represents you. That's how you get progressive legislation passed. Not by replacing progressives with progressives. 

What if ... what if ... what if we worked to get people excited about progressive ideas nationwide? What if... what if... progressives helped each other get elected everywhere?

That would be nuts, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

She seems like she has nice tits. 

I will need visual confirmation to exclude fake news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Crowley supported single payer since before the ACA. Its hardly a new position. 

And Ocasio isnt taking money from jobless people. She also takes corporate money. And her entire campaign was run by DSA operatives from Detroit. It was in no way local. Now shes in Kansas.  But Crowley went to California one time. 

What corporate money did she take? Joe raised close to 3mil majority of it corporate. Less than 1% of that 3mil were donations less than 200 dollars. ACO 70% individual contributions less than 200. You seriously think these corporations give this money for no reason? One candidate provided progressive lip service. The other actually plans to try and do something progressive.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-won-beat-joe-crawley-2018-6

I too am TX 26. I have hopes but it’s TX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I will need visual confirmation to exclude fake news.

Use your imagination.

 

5b5290072000009c003748df.jpeg?cache=eh1d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

200w.gif

Crowley and Co have been real good at pushing progressive agendas into law. lol

She promised to literally never leave the district?

Dude, that's wild.

What if ... what if ... what if we worked to get people excited about progressive ideas nationwide? What if... what if... progressives helped each other get elected everywhere?

That would be nuts, right?

I know you dont know how Congress works, but a single congressman in the progressive 10% of Congress, of which Crowley is and O-C will be a member, needs more than 10% of Congress to pass anything. Maybe you aren't aware, but sadly, quite a lot of districts are not only not progressive, but also openly support Christian sharia.  So when O-C cant do shit in Congress, then what? 1 for 1 trade in her district again?

What needs to happen is for you to stop your bullshit. You live in a district that can actually move left and make positive change. It can be a yes vote on single payer instead of a no vote on everything. Yet you are gonna fuck it up because you cant have Brisket and GOLL on your team.  You're a lost cause. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dropout said:

What corporate money did she take? Joe raised close to 3mil majority of it corporate. Less than 1% of that 3mil were donations less than 200 dollars. ACO 70% individual contributions less than 200. You seriously think these corporations give this money for no reason? One candidate provided progressive lip service. The other actually plans to try and do something progressive.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-won-beat-joe-crawley-2018-6

I too am TX 26. I have hopes but it’s TX.

He tried. Shes gonna do the same thing as him. Vote her 1 vote progressive. She took money from national groups. Her campaign was run entirely by DSA operatives from outside her district. It is not grass roots. She barely even had her own campaign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dropout said:

Not grass roots? Following the money says otherwise.

Her campaign was run by a 3rd party from outside her district. That is not grass roots. It's fake tea party style grass roots. 

Just like it isnt grassroots for a NY politician to stump for a Kansas Congressional seat. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I know you dont know how Congress works, but a single congressman in the progressive 10% of Congress, of which Crowley is and O-C will be a member, needs more than 10% of Congress to pass anything. Maybe you aren't aware, but sadly, quite a lot of districts are not only not progressive, but also openly support Christian sharia.  So when O-C cant do shit in Congress, then what? 1 for 1 trade in her district again?

What she's doing right now, which is promoting progressive candidates across the nation. The thing you're really mad about for some reason.

What was Crowley going to be able to accomplish that AOC cannot?

Quote

What needs to happen is for you to stop your bullshit. You live in a district that can actually move left and make positive change. It can be a yes vote on single payer instead of a no vote on everything. Yet you are gonna fuck it up because you cant have Brisket and GOLL on your team.  You're a lost cause. 

I get why you're so irrationally angry about all this, you just want to fight about the Trump thread from a few days ago. lol

Lizzie Fletcher has gotten plenty of my dollars and my wife phone banks for her.

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Her campaign was run by a 3rd party from outside her district. That is not grass roots. It's fake tea party style grass roots. 

The Tea Party was a Koch brothers astroturf campaign. What megabillionaire is funding the DSA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record I’d take all the Briskets I can get on the team. I do understand bt’s points tho. My hope is the past sane conservatives will help carry the momentum over until the younger generation of progressives is ready to wrestle control from the older crazy Trumpers.

And the single most progressive member of Congress will soon be POTUS. That’s the top. Hint it’s not Joe Crowley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What she's doing right now, which is promoting progressive candidates across the nation. The thing you're really mad about for some reason.

What was Crowley going to be able to accomplish that AOC cannot?

I get why you're so irrationally angry about all this, you just want to fight about the Trump thread from a few days ago. lol

Lizzie Fletcher has gotten plenty of my dollars and my wife phone banks for her.

The Tea Party was a Koch brothers astroturf campaign. What megabillionaire is funding the DSA?

I'm not irrationally angry at all. The reason we are incapable of having progressive legislation in this country is because you are representative of progressives who live in moderate and right wing districts and you aren't really likable nor are you willing to build a workable coalition in your district to move it towards the left. 

The DSA buses people in from elsewhere to run canvassing campaigns. It has deep pockets. It is not local money.  What she raised for her campaign is irrelevant. Im not even sure how she spent what she raised because her campaign didnt pay for it's own ads or for it's own GOTV.  The DSA funded, staffed, and ran a canvassing campaign for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FondrenRoad said:

I'm not irrationally angry at all. The reason we are incapable of having progressive legislation in this country is because you are representative of progressives who live in moderate and right wing districts and you aren't really likable nor are you willing to build a workable coalition in your district to move it towards the left.

A workable coalition... like a progressive group that supports its candidates nationwide in an effort to promote a progressive agenda? Like... the DSA you seem to hate?

And what on earth do you know about my local political activities? 

Quote

The DSA buses people in from elsewhere to run canvassing campaigns. It has deep pockets. It is not local money.  What she raised for her campaign is irrelevant. Im not even sure how she spent what she raised because her campaign didnt pay for it's own ads or for it's own GOTV.  The DSA funded, staffed, and ran a canvassing campaign for her.

Yeah, fuck these workable coalitions! Wait... what?

How broken is your brain that you cannot see the difference between an actual grassroots nationwide campaign not funded by billionaires and special interest groups vs. the tea party?

Why are you so freaked out by having political allies from different areas of the nation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bad_teammate said:

I'm still mad that Fondren said he's farther left than me.

Unacceptable.

Delete your account, SIR

Of course I'm more left than you. You're just a bigger asshole.  I realize what it takes to get things done. You don't. So when you're crying to me in 10 years about how we still dont have progressive legislation while you sit in a center right district, you need to look in the fucking mirror, be a man, and finally work with moderates to move your district center left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FondrenRoad said:

Of course I'm more left than you.

I've had about enough of your sass. I will go fuck Lenin's corpse RIGHT NOW how dare you

Quote

So when you're crying to me in 10 years about how we still dont have progressive legislation while you sit in a center right district, you need to look in the fucking mirror, be a man, and finally work with moderates to move your district center left. 

Tell me everything you know about my political activities in 77024. I can't wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bad_teammate said:

A workable coalition... like a progressive group that supports its candidates nationwide in an effort to promote a progressive agenda? Like... the DSA you seem to hate?

And what on earth do you know about my local political activities? 

Yeah, fuck these workable coalitions! Wait... what?

How broken is your brain that you cannot see the difference between an actual grassroots nationwide campaign not funded by billionaires and special interest groups vs. the tea party?

Why are you so freaked out by having political allies from different areas of the nation?

I know you dont work with Brisket or GOLL types.  You made that clear. I know you need them. 

House seats are not nationwide elections. Grassroots are made up of actual constituents. But overall my biggest beef is that O-C claimed to run "local" but actually isnt local at all. Had she not done that, I could accept the nationwide stumping. Instead shes a hypocrite already. 

I fucking hate the tea party, but the people they bused all over to canvass were true believers.  Koch or not, it's the same shit as the DSA. We need local campaigns for local elections. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I've had about enough of your sass. I will go fuck Lenin's corpse RIGHT NOW how dare you

Tell me everything you know about my political activities in 77024. I can't wait

I'm sure you've had a public spat with more than one moderate who would be against the GOP, but voted for Culberson because you made them think progressives are assholes. 

If we aren't having a revolution now, we never are. Time for you to man up and realize your district isnt going to elect a Dem at all without moderates. And we need your district. We had mine already. 

And Lenins a fucking fascist. He did it wrong. Go fuck him all you want. You'll just give birth to Stalin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I disagree with b_t on shutting out moderates, I disagree with Fondren that progressives have held back progressive legislation by their insistence on purity.  The far left has bit the bullet for years and gotten behind compromise bullshit like the ACA, and what has it gotten them?  Not even the ACA, which is getting torn apart before our eyes.  The moderation of the Clinton years was a disaster for the left in many ways. 

There's nothing wrong with getting out loudly and pushing an agenda and trying to win people over to progressive policies.  And it's not doomed to fail — getting loud and forceful is how the far right has gotten their terrible shit enacted.  Establishment Rs laughed that they'd never achieve anything, and now they're all capitulating or retiring early and Stephen Miller is at the wheel driving policy.   Even a small portion of that success would be good news for the left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

While I disagree with b_t on shutting out moderates, I disagree with Fondren that progressives have held back progressive legislation by their insistence on purity.  The far left has bit the bullet for years and gotten behind compromise bullshit like the ACA, and what has it gotten them?  Not even the ACA, which is getting torn apart before our eyes.  The moderation of the Clinton years was a disaster for the left in many ways. 

There's nothing wrong with getting out loudly and pushing an agenda and trying to win people over to progressive policies.  And it's not doomed to fail — getting loud and forceful is how the far right has gotten their terrible shit enacted.  Establishment Rs laughed that they'd never achieve anything, and now they're all capitulating or retiring early and Stephen Miller is at the wheel driving policy.   Even a small portion of that success would be good news for the left. 

If the far left had not backed the ACA, we would have had no healthcare reform whatsoever. That Trumpists with an actual majority tear the ACA apart means very little regarding what was needed just to pass the ACA in the first place. 

B-Ts progressives are gearing up to be the left wing freedom caucus. In the end, you get nothing but a no vote and you get no legislation, either progressive or center left. But for sure, O-C will vote more pragmatically than B-T desires. Sometimes you need to give something to the center to get them to vote for DACA. Otherwise you get no DACA at all. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

While I disagree with b_t on shutting out moderates, I disagree with Fondren that progressives have held back progressive legislation by their insistence on purity.  The far left has bit the bullet for years and gotten behind compromise bullshit like the ACA, and what has it gotten them?  Not even the ACA, which is getting torn apart before our eyes.  The moderation of the Clinton years was a disaster for the left in many ways. 

There's nothing wrong with getting out loudly and pushing an agenda and trying to win people over to progressive policies.  And it's not doomed to fail — getting loud and forceful is how the far right has gotten their terrible shit enacted.  Establishment Rs laughed that they'd never achieve anything, and now they're all capitulating or retiring early and Stephen Miller is at the wheel driving policy.   Even a small portion of that success would be good news for the left. 

And this is why we're seeing a shift in language from the Progressives. It's not "reform ICE", it's "ABOLISH ICE". It's not "shore up the ACA" it's "SINGLE-PAYER." They realize what worked for the GOP, and it's currently the only way of getting any part of your agenda passed. Compromising sounds nice until you realize the other side will never reciprocate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XR4ticlone said:

😂😂😂

Vilify???  

Oh hell no!  I'd like to see her as the FACE of the DNC!!! 

Sure Bernie is good...and GrandmaKankles is awesome...but they're not going to live forever. 😥

With She Guevara, we've got potentially 50 years of dipshittery to look forward to!   She's perfect...she's the poster child for how even elite colleges don't make you smart.  With a $280,000 Boston University education in economics, She Guevara has the same economic knowledge as my yellow lab.  Having an economics degree and embracing socialism is like having a medical degree and embracing blood letting as your go to cure-all.  

The more she speaks the dumber she sounds.  Lucky for us the leftist & their minions in the MSM painted her as a Presidential candidate after winning a leftist stronghold with 14,000 votes.  😂🤣😂

Sadly, the GOP 'elite' will probably fuck this up yet.

 

 

People like the poster above are obsessed with her, know everything about her, but can't tell you one thing about their own Congressman.

So, basically, she's Nancy Pelosi 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

 

The olds on Medicare will breathlessly tell you that Medicare for all is evil because it's socialized medicine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The moderation of the Clinton campaign was necessary to win the 92 election.  Mondale lost 49 states to Reagan, and Dukakis didn't do a whole better against HW Bush.  Bill Clinton then made HW Bush a one-term President even though HW presided over the most successful and painless major war effort ... well, pretty much ever.   Bill Clinton is a resounding success story for the Democrats.  A far left candidate that checks all the ideological purity boxes would have been massacred again, just every other Democrat nominee in the 20 years before that going back to 1972 except for the one time when Carter BARELY beat post-Watergate Gerald Ford.

The moderation of the policies during the Clinton Presidency was because Republicans took Congress, so what else was going to happen?   

Edited by longhornmatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...