Shit's Borked

RPM

I changed some things to make it a bit better. It was ranking and storing 10k results in memory I reduced that to 1000, I don't think people search past the first 3 pages and the activity feeds are refreshed more than they are creeped into the past from what I understand. 

Should improve things drastically 

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Still borked. This leap year was the actual Y2K bug, right?

It's working for me.  Maybe refresh your browser cache?

Edit:  Ooops.  Looks like it isn't working.  My stream looks several hours old now.  *sigh*

@immamac (bat signal)

Edited by bernorange

You guys are describing the problem incorrectly according to what I'm seeing. Activity streams do update with correct threads, but the last read post in that thread does not update. If you visit a thread and read all the posts then go back to your activity stream that thread is removed.

22 minutes ago, ss13 said:

This is my current unread threads, no update since 7 hours ago. 

99-AE9-A9-E-44-AD-47-E9-97-AC-E40-EC7121

Click on the Super Tuesday thread. Then navigate back to the Unread Content. It will no longer show the Super Tuesday thread at the top unless some troll posts in the half second it takes you to navigate back.

@Llogg - the stream lists are not updating the thread listings to show threads with new posts.  If you look at Browse | Forums (fluid view), you see the up to date list of threads with replies.  Click over to participated or any stream, and you see a list of threads several hours old that doesn't list the threads with new replies at the top.

• Like 1

Just now, bernorange said:

@Llogg - the stream lists are not updating the thread listings to show threads with new posts.  If you look at Browse | Forums (fluid view), you see the up to date list of threads with replies.  Click over to participated or any stream, and you see a list of threads several hours old that doesn't list the threads with new replies at the top.

But not for unread streams. It does update according to unread status of threads but not individual posts within threads. So if a thread has a new post, it shows up in your unread stream but it shows the new post as one that is old. If you read that thread it disappears from your unread stream.

18 minutes ago, ss13 said:

That doesn’t help any. Everyone wants to see recent unread posts, not what was unread at 1 this morning. 

It does help identify and fix the problem to accurately describe the problem. It also helps to know that if a thread shows up in your unread stream there actually are unread posts even if the stream is showing you an old post as the most recent.