NFL Week 2

Mo Horn

Just now, heso said:

Steelers defense has been garbage for years. I thought it might take a step forward this season. 

It has not. 

LOL what would give you that impression?  This team was never gonna compete this season with that terrible defense.  They can't draft a solid edge rusher to save their lives.  Look at all the 1st rd defensive players that have flopped.  Tomlin and Colbert gotta go..they are awesome at finding Wrs and developing tho.

45 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s very good but that offense is loaded with speed and size.  

And that defense is loaded with players who can't cover and can't tackle.  I don't know how Bob Sutton has a job.  Pittsburgh is going to win this because after the first quarter they figured out that Kansas City can not cover three passes in a row without getting called for either pass interference or defensive holding.  Meanwhile Roethlisberger could hold a seance in the backfield without being touched by the Chiefs pass rush.

48 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

LOL what would give you that impression?  This team was never gonna compete this season with that terrible defense.  They can't draft a solid edge rusher to save their lives.  Look at all the 1st rd defensive players that have flopped.  Tomlin and Colbert gotta go..they are awesome at finding Wrs and developing tho.

Defensive line is solid. Seemed that flipping Dupree and Watt was the best thing for both of them and should help the pass rush. The secondary, well every year I say that the secondary can’t get worse. Every year they seem to prove me wrong. 

Sean Payton is one of the most pompous, idiotic coaches. They won but he completely botched the end of the game. 30 seconds to go, Browns have just 1 timeout and he calls 2 deep pass plays that are incomplete. Not only did hardly any time run off, Browns did not have to use that last timeout. How in the freaking world do you not use up all the time remaining and have the potential game winner be the last play of the game?

Then the Browns get the ball and complete 2 ridiculously easy passes to get into FG range. With zero resistance. This is not even close to the first time he has had some weird end of game management head scratchers.

He has that one Super Bowl but that is nearing a decade ago. That was as bad as Garrett clock management.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Sean Payton is one of the most pompous, idiotic coaches. They won but he completely botched the end of the game. 30 seconds to go, Browns have just 1 timeout and he calls 2 deep pass plays that are incomplete. Not only did hardly any time run off, Browns did not have to use that last timeout. How in the freaking world do you not use up all the time remaining and have the potential game winner be the last play of the game?

Then the Browns get the ball and complete 2 ridiculously easy passes to get into FG range. With zero resistance. This is not even close to the first time he has had some weird end of game management head scratchers.

He has that one Super Bowl but that is nearing a decade ago. That was as bad as Garrett clock management.

Jerry probably can't wait to hire him when he finally gives up on Garrett, or vice versa. Hopefully, Payton will tell him to go f-himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I can’t disagree with the mismanagement at the end of the game.  

And Sean Payton has been riding Drew Brees’s arm pretty much his entire time in NOLA

He would most likely suck anywhere else

1 minute ago, DougO said:

Jerry probably can't wait to hire him when he finally gives up on Garrett, or vice versa. Hopefully, Payton will tell him to go f-himself.

Thing is, Garrett is so bad that I would praise this move. But I think we would see the weird, quirky shit like this. He's just a pompous, smug douche. 

Just now, Calihorn said:

I'm not superstitious, but the Browns are cursed.

Normally I would have felt sorry for them but I bet on the Saints today so glad they pulled a loss out of the jaws of defeat like they do so often.

But this is the last time I'm betting on the Saints. I am not sure if the Saints line is soft or the Browns line is that good but they got to Brees quite often today. Browns defense for the most part is not that bad so far this year.