Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

The gypsies were actually banned from Veterans Park (softball fields off Clifford) a few years ago, not sure if that’s still in effect. 

I wound up banning them from Joe’s Crab Shack back in the day. The older crews weren’t bad at all. It was the god damned young ones that were the assholes.

This was my post on the old site... 

If any of you kids ever find yourself west of Bryant Irvin, just south of 20 on Winscott there's a Shell station with a taqueria inside. Had a $7 carnitas torta tonight that will prompt a return visit. It was pretty damn big, the red salsa will clear your sinuses a bit, but don't be in a big hurry.

I stand by all of it, except I went with the pastor torta this time. Messy, spicy, but good. 

• Like 2

I tried the shawarma place in crockett food hall...i love gyros and falafel and have had them quite a bit in a few spots around the globe

I did not enjoy it and found it lacking in size(price) and flavor....i was already a little buzzed so i think that adds to my lack of enjoyment lol...i mean everything should taste great with a buzz on right

If any of you kids ever find yourself west of Bryant Irvin, just south of 20 on Winscott there's a Shell station with a taqueria inside. Had a $7 carnitas torta tonight that will prompt a return visit. It was pretty damn big, the red salsa will clear your sinuses a bit, but don't be in a big hurry.
I stand by all of it, except I went with the pastor torta this time. Messy, spicy, but good. 
I need to try this place

Chef Tim Love’s newest restaurant will serve housemade pastas and Detroit-style pizza in a riverbank setting in west Fort Worth.

Love announced the new restaurant, Gemelle, on his Twitter account Tuesday.

That’s an Italian word for “twins.”

Love and his wife, Emilie, have twin daughters, Ella and Anna. It’s their 16th birthday, Love said in the tweet.

The resturant will serve housemade pastas and Detroit-style crisp, thick pizza, according to the tweet.

Gemelle is at 4400 White Settlement Road, replacing a burger grill and bar named Thurber Mingus that had opened in an old tavern near the West Fork of the Trinity River bridge.

The building, in the river bottom at the West Fork crossing near Isbell Road, opened in 1946 as a laundromat and grocery. It has been a series of taverns and bars for more than 60 years, including a 1960s spell as Eddie’s Swamp Angel Lounge.

Love also operates the Woodshed Smokehouse on the Clear Fork of the river, along with the White Elephant Saloon, Love Shack Burgers and Lonesome Dove Western Bistro in the Stockyards

Love said he will have more information shortly.

1 hour ago, thestud said:

Just had Sushi Axiom in Montgomery before heading home from a late afternoon meeting. I've always liked it and found it to be about 25% cheaper than Piranha's. I really think  you should give it a whirl if you like sushi. Really need to make my way back over to Vallarta's on Seminary as well.

Eat at the bar, Cindy is an awesome bartender / server. 

Storm woke me up and I heard tornado sirens going off in 76107. Got the wife and dogs and took cover under the stairs. Within 10 min the sirens had stopped.

Got on Twitter and saw the sirens were activated to signal “damaging winds” so people who were outdoors would know to go indoors. wtf. I wasn’t aware sirens ever meant anything other than tornado. Seems like they are creating a boy-who-cried-wolf situation because people will start to ignore them.

You’d be really pissed at this then. 

Emergency warning sirens were hacked and intentionally set off in two North Texas cities early Tuesday morning, according to a statement from one of the cities.

At about 2:30 a.m., sirens went off in Lancaster and DeSoto despite there being no severe weather. Lancaster officials said the cities’ alarm network was falsely set off.

“It has become evident that a person or persons with hostile intent deliberately targeted our combined outdoor warning siren network,” a statement from the city of Lancaster said.

never been to sushi axiom in montgomery. the one behind central market is closer. I assume quality is the same. 

I did hit up Little Lilly on monday. i thought it was good. the blue fin nigiri was fresh and dreamy. i want wanted 10 pieces. I really wanted blue fin tuna belly, but didn't want to spend $26 for a few pieces. 

4 hours ago, dmtx said:

another bbq joint opening fort worth. getting into the longoria bbq area. these guys look good on paper

https://www.dmagazine.com/food-drink/2019/03/goldees-barbecue-will-soon-call-fort-worth-home/

All of them have been around some successful pitmasters.  Hopefully their experience can translate in this new location.  CSB-Danny Longoria is a friend of mine and I will ask him if he is aware of the competition coming his way.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:59 PM, spystud13 said:

Dona Susy is the bomb. They have a truck at the corner of Bryant Irvin and SW BLVD in front of that gas station

2 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I drove by Stars Cabaret last weekend and laughed at their "Income Tax Return Deposit Site" sign. Not sure that makes the joint worth a million bones.

Hey, FW Texas Exes is doing a watch party for Texas-Kansas basketball tonight!! How many people will show up? 3?

I drove by Stars Cabaret last weekend and laughed at their "Income Tax Return Deposit Site" sign. Not sure that makes the joint worth a million bones.
Hey, FW Texas Exes is doing a watch party for Texas-Kansas basketball tonight!! How many people will show up? 3?
From last year...
0e0d989e227a7b15db8e0560e7b3abe0.jpg

After opening in January 2018, 3rd Street Bar and Grill in downtown Fort Worth closed its doors for good Monday.

Owner Al Abbood was in front of the shuttered restaurant Friday afternoon, but would not comment.

Housed in the Carnegie building at 425 W. Third St., 3rd Street Bar and Grill replaced Frankie’s Sports Bar and Grill after the latter closed in 2016. The new restaurant promised to be “casual-chic” eatery and entertainment venue with 55 televisions and live musical acts and karaoke four nights a week. The first executive chef, Kevin Fuller, came up with a creative menu that was supposed to elevate the restaurant from simply being a sports bar. In September, the restaurant switched executive chefs when Darrin Green came on board.

Abbood also owned Z Grill and Sonoma Grill, both of which were sold in 2016.