Jump to content
Goo Punch

Jaxson Hayes

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

 

So if Jaxson didn't tear or break anything, curious to hear what the injury is......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Great news. Good luck at the next level, Jaxson.

Yeah, if Jaxson is a solid 1st Round pick, probably makes sense to move on to the NBA.  Hope he gets drafted by a good organization that can be patient and develop his talent..... Jaxson has so much to learn to be successful in the NBA.

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, if Jaxson is a solid 1st Round pick, probably makes sense to move on to the NBA.  Hope he gets drafted by a good organization that can be patient and develop his talent..... Jaxson has so much to learn to be successful in the NBA.

100% correct but this may be a problem. NBA teams will tell you one thing and do something else. The Rockets told Rashard Lewis that they would pick him with one of their 3 consecutive 1st round picks and didn't. The Spurs told Cory Joseph that they would pick him and they did. 

If he doesn't have that guarantee, it might not be a bad idea to come back for one more year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

If he doesn't have that guarantee, it might not be a bad idea to come back for one more year.

Certainly wouldn't be opposed to that, but I think most draft projections have him going 8th to 10th overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Machinator said:

 

There's a Wescunt Eberts article in BON that mentions the Hayes departure and hints at another defection, saying that we're: "preparing for the possibility that someone on the current roster could transfer". Does anybody (including himself) know what he's referring to?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what he's referring to but Royce Hamm or Gerald Liddell  would be the my first 2 picks. Unless Coleman, Hepa, Ramey or Febres are just really unhappy in the program I don't think anyone else would leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sock Drawer said:

There's a Wescunt Eberts article in BON that mentions the Hayes departure and hints at another defection, saying that we're: "preparing for the possibility that someone on the current roster could transfer". Does anybody (including himself) know what he's referring to?  

Gotta be Eli Long. Long will be at the bottom of the depth chart for guards next year, and he seems to be the latest player to have gone from a big role to completely falling out of favor with Shaka. He didn't even play down the stretch, and during the post game of our NIT Final win, everyone else was cheering and smiling, and he was more stoic and just standing there. Then when it was time to take a team photo the photog had everyone throw up the hook em, but Eli was throwing up some other sign of his own. i remember watching it very clearly and thinking, "he gone." 

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DO will be a better pro the next 5 years (wherever he plays) than Hayes will be.

How many non dunk baskets did Hayes actually have?

My guess would be less that 5% of his makes. Good luck in the D or G League for the next 10 years.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all are probably right about Long. I just looked at the roster and thought that a guy that transferred in and would be a senior next year wouldn't transfer again. The new transfer rules favor shit like this though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

DO will be a better pro the next 5 years (wherever he plays) than Hayes will be.

How many non dunk baskets did Hayes actually have?

My guess would be less that 5% of his makes. Good luck in the D or G League for the next 10 years.

 

 

Lol. This is a ridiculous take.  Hayes is already better than DO right now.Hayes is extremely raw but his growth curve the last couple years has been incredible. 

Hayes’ athleticism and shot blocking combined with added muscle in the next couple years will give him a baseline of quality bench big. Jarrett Allen has seen a ton of success in the league already and there’s no reason Hays’s can’t do the same.

not to mention, Hayes is an 80% FT shooter, and FTs in college are more predictive of 3 pt shooting success in the NBA than a player’s 3 pt % in college. Point being, he has potential to add a reliable 3 point, or at least 15 ft shot in the next couple years.  

 Hayes was already way better than DO this year and DO will never play in the NBA, so being better than DO the next 5 years is a very low bar.  You’re massively undervaluing Hayes’ current abilities as well as his growth potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol. This is a ridiculous take.  Hayes is already better than DO right now.Hayes is extremely raw but his growth curve the last couple years has been incredible. 

Hayes’ athleticism and shot blocking combined with added muscle in the next couple years will give him a baseline of quality bench big. Jarrett Allen has seen a ton of success in the league already and there’s no reason Hays’s can’t do the same.

not to mention, Hayes is an 80% FT shooter, and FTs in college are more predictive of 3 pt shooting success in the NBA than a player’s 3 pt % in college. Point being, he has potential to add a reliable 3 point, or at least 15 ft shot in the next couple years.  

 Hayes was already way better than DO this year and DO will never play in the NBA, so being better than DO the next 5 years is a very low bar.  You’re massively undervaluing Hayes’ current abilities as well as his growth potential.

I think Hayes will struggle more than Allen did his first year but will have the same development type schedule if a little slower at first (not as polished) but maybe a higher ceiling with his natural skill set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

I think Hayes will struggle more than Allen did his first year but will have the same development type schedule if a little slower at first (not as polished) but maybe a higher ceiling with his natural skill set. 

Agreed. He’s a lot more raw, but his ceiling is a good bit higher IMO. 

My main point in responding to OP with the Allen comparison is the league values mobile, rim-running bigs who can protect the rim and switch on the perimeter even if they don’t have much in the at of traditional big man offensive skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Agreed. You take the athleticism and try to build a serviceable Cappella. 

This is the correct answer. The first couple of years if I remember, Capella played overseas and then came off the bench. The last 2 years his game really improved. Hopefully Hayes will be used in the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

DO will be a better pro the next 5 years (wherever he plays) than Hayes will be.

How many non dunk baskets did Hayes actually have?

My guess would be less that 5% of his makes. Good luck in the D or G League for the next 10 years.

 

 

I'm not sure DO even wants to play pro ball, but if he does, it will be as a role player in Lithuania or Turkey, and not in the NBA where Jaxson will be. Jaxson does have a whole lot of growing to do, but his freakish athleticism, soft hands, and nice form/soft touch from the line say that he can become a very good NBA player who could potentially become a starter-level player who can play any position from 3-5. Jaxson >>>>>>>> DO. One is just scratching the surface, the other is nearly maxed out. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 4/11/2019 at 11:57 AM, Sock Drawer said:

There's a Wescunt Eberts article in BON that mentions the Hayes departure and hints at another defection, saying that we're: "preparing for the possibility that someone on the current roster could transfer". Does anybody (including himself) know what he's referring to?  

Someone in Shaka’s program is going to transfer??? 

BOMBSHELL!!!1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

DO will be a better pro the next 5 years (wherever he plays) than Hayes will be.

How many non dunk baskets did Hayes actually have?

My guess would be less that 5% of his makes. Good luck in the D or G League for the next 10 years.

 

 

DO is going pro in something other than sports, my dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

DO will be a better pro the next 5 years (wherever he plays) than Hayes will be.

How many non dunk baskets did Hayes actually have?

My guess would be less that 5% of his makes. Good luck in the D or G League for the next 10 years.

 

 

Do they play on 9ft rims in estonia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing on Jaxson's IG story that he's working out with Sagba Konate and Grant Williams. Man I would love to see those workouts and the competition between those guys, particularly to see how Jaxson would fare vs two fully grown men like those two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

 

He’s got a clean jumper. He could be a rim-running, switchable, stretch 5 in a couple years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

his form from the FT line has always indicated that he's got great potential as a shooter. shot 74% from the line as a freshman last year. that projects him to be an 80% shooter from the line as his floor in the pros. he really does have one of the highest ceilings in this draft outside of the top 3 guys. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that up to date on the 2019 NBA Draft.  

  • What # in draft is Jaxson currently slotted?
  • Looking at possible destinations, where is the best place/situation that Jaxson could go?

Thx 🤘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

most recent mocks ive seen have him going to Atlanta at 10.

Would be about the best fit he could hope for IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...