25 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Give them a break.  They are the party of science, not the party of math.

As if you didn't already know this if you have watched any of them try to explain how they would pay for Medicare for all and free college for all.

Posted (edited)

That is a hilarious faceplant by MSNBC. If they subsequently address this obvious wreck of a failed point (and they should, although it should be obvious to everyone), I'd be willing to bet they do not continue to insist the numbers referenced in that tweet add up. There are plenty of legitimate ways to illustrate the scale of wealth inequality in this country. For example, pointing out that at a net worth of 58.4 billion, Bloomberg could light a million dollars on fire every single day without fail and it would take him 160 years- multiple lifetimes- to go through all of it. However, if a journalist pointed this out, at the beginning of the clip, you have this way more commonly believed chunk of a fallacy- 

"...you should never trust journalists when it comes to maths and numbers and stuff."

False. You should verify the likelihood of accuracy with the best information available based on past track record and be able to determine what warrants further scrutiny. "Never" literally encompasses every news item provided by journalists- don't trust anything they're telling you (except, paradoxically, us).  If Fox News tells me today is March 6, 2020, I have zero issues trusting the accuracy of that information. Aussie commentator (or is he a journalist I shouldn't trust due entirely because he's a journalist?) says I should be suspicious of this so-called date. He wants the benefit of his binary assertion but not the ludicrous burden. 

In other words, if you challenged MSNBC on their assertion, and challenged Aussie guy on his, who do you think you'll get the most obstinate pushback from? Who do you think is more likely to insist on arguing "well, I was sorta right"?

No, you're not. At all.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

Posted (edited)

Okay. One down, one to go. Keep me updated on whether Aussie guy retracts his logical fallacy.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbcs-brian-williams-ny-times-editor-marvel-at-tweet-that-got-bloomberg-math-really-wrong

“Turns out Mara and I got the same grades at math. I’m speaking of the tweet we both misinterpreted. He could give each American $1. Again, I didn't have it in high school. I don't have it tonight. I stand corrected. Sorry about that. The tweet is wrong,” Williams told viewers later in the show. “Garbage in, garbage out.”

In fact, this sort of begs the question, was Aussie guy aware the point was retracted later in the show and just left that info out? 

Nevermind the fact that Net Worth doesn’t equal Cash on Hand.

Which is a great example of the biggest problem with a wealth tax and why it would completely fuck over medium size family businesses, quite specifically family farms.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Meanwhile the same liberal freelance writer is doubling down on her assertion.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Your first image isn't showing up for me, but is it safe to assume that you believe this trumps the on-air acknowledgement by MSNBC of the faceplant that Aussie Guy failed to mention in making his ...*checks notes* ... "never trust journalists when it comes to maths and numbers and stuff" argument?

Racist twitter mob made the whole thing up, got the HAPA beanie kid all fired up

https://www.cernovich.com/cnn-jake-tapper-trump-google-coronavirus/

“Google says it’s not publishing a national-scale coronavirus site,” is a headline Jake Tapper of CNN posted to his over 2.3 million Twitter followers. The headline was based on “a knowledgeable source.”

CNN had to completely change its headline to the exact opposite.

The headline now reads: “Google will partner with US government to develop a nationwide coronavirus website, company says.”

Posted (edited)

Washington Post headline "President Trump We Aren't Politicizing the Coronavirus Crisis. You Are"

Also Washington Post headline  "Pelosi Should Politicize the Coronavirus Crisis."

Edited by EMAWesome

48 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Why? Seems topical.

Have you ever watched Bill Burr's bit about how women argue when they are wrong?  It is also how the left argues when they are wrong.  When all they have is calling you a troll you have won the argument.  Bob and slip all the stuff not related to the argument, like being called a troll or a racist, take a knee and run out the clock.  You have won the argument.  Just tell them we'll talk about this later after you have calmed down.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:56 AM, EMAWesome said:

Give them a break.  They are the party of science, not the party of math.

On 3/6/2020 at 9:22 AM, EMAWesome said:

As if you didn't already know this if you have watched any of them try to explain how they would pay for Medicare for all and free college for all.

This looks an awful lot like someone tried to reply to their original account with a sock but failed 

The Google website idea was probably tossed out in some planning meeting. "Hey, here's an idea..." 

Trump, because his infantile brain is incapable of listening to anything that doesn't include his name at least every five seconds, misunderstood. As he has so many other things. 

And in his instinctive need to always be overselling, he just went ahead and said it was not only being worked on, but almost finished! Today's the big day! 

But here's the thing, no matter what bag of shit we have in the White House, when the President says something is going to happen, people are going to start working on it. Immediately. Even if they were caught competely flat footed by what was, at best, a woefully inaccurate declaration. 

All this arguing about "the media lied!" is the sport of morons. Which means I am not surprised at all by the windbags trumpeting it. 

Many in the media are biased against trump but it’s usually them calling out trump for lying. And not just lying that a rally has more people than possible but rather his lies can and have gotten people killed.

Have you ever watched Bill Burr's bit about how women argue when they are wrong?  It is also how the left argues when they are wrong.  When all they have is calling you a troll you have won the argument.  Bob and slip all the stuff not related to the argument, like being called a troll or a racist, take a knee and run out the clock.  You have won the argument.  Just tell them we'll talk about this later after you have calmed down.

This is the second time I've seen you reference Bill Burr in a few weeks.  You know he's a left wing liberal, right?  I know he's an admitted uninformed moron who spouts a lot of conspiracy bullshit so people like you are drawn to him, but at the end of the day, he voted for Bernie Sanders.  Hopefully he rubs off on you.

11 hours ago, achooloco said:

This looks an awful lot like someone tried to reply to their original account with a sock but failed 

Actually it looks an awful lot like someone thought of something they would have liked to have added to their original post but thanks to this site's 1.27456 millisecond window to edit a post was unable to.

9 hours ago, Tom said:

This is the second time I've seen you reference Bill Burr in a few weeks.  You know he's a left wing liberal, right?  I know he's an admitted uninformed moron who spouts a lot of conspiracy bullshit so people like you are drawn to him, but at the end of the day, he voted for Bernie Sanders.  Hopefully he rubs off on you.

I hope you are sitting down but good comedy is good comedy.  I don't give a shit who a comedian votes for.  I give a shit whether he is funny or not.  The only politics that would turn me off on a comedian would be if they are in favor of cancel culture and against the First Amendment. No comic with a brain in their heads should be, just as no musician, writer, filmmaker, journalist, artist or anyone else who makes their living expressing ideas, visions, or opinions should be.  I've never thought boy that comedian sure is funny but he needs to put in a 30 minute diatribe on the purity of the Second Amendment.  That would make his act so much better.  Just make me laugh I don't care how you do it.  Watching a comedian do a 45 minute long impersonation of a MSNBC analyst (listen up Stephen Colbert) isn't a turn off because it is an impersonation of a MSNBC analyst.  It is a turn off because MSNBC analysts aren't funny.

I've got a dozen Bruce Springsteen albums in my CD collection, I've got eight Neil Young albums, four Pearl Jam albums, at least ten Melloncamp albums, a Bob Marley boxed set, ten U2 albums,  just to name a few of the more prominent lefties of my generation.  Hell, I've got over 90 Grateful Dead live shows on CD.  I've never once walked up to the counter at a record store and asked the cashier if he has a list of how every act he has in his store's inventory has voted for the last 40 years because I need to know that information before I decide whether or not I'm going to buy their music.  Anyone that does this has their head so far up their own ass they won't be able to hear the music that is playing anyway.

Reporter claims that a WH official called COVID 19 the "kung flu" yet won't name the official when she asks Trump about it at today's press conference. Is it any wonder why people don't take the media seriously?

So was it bats that were welding people inside their apartments and letting them starve to death?  Was it bats that were lying to the WHO about no evidence being discovered of human to human transmission of Covid 19?  Was it bats that silenced doctors in Wuhan who were trying to inform the world?

10 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Accuses MSM of mixing fact with opinion. Proceeds to mix fact with opinion and....

this is the important part

OUTRIGHT OBJECTIVE FALSEHOOD STARTING RIGHT WITH THE TITLE OF THE VIDEO. 

"No One" has a mathematical value assigned to it- zero. She's not in the ballpark, neighborhood, galaxy...

anywhere

when it comes self-evident, objective facts. Goddamn this fucking world is fucked.

spacer.png

Thanks for pointing out the article that headline ends with "for now" was 4 weeks before Trump called the pandemic a "hoax" and 7 weeks before the second article.

It's like I have an intern.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Thanks for pointing out the article that headline ends with "for now" was 4 weeks before Trump called the pandemic a "hoax" and 7 weeks before the second article.

It's like I have an intern.

LOL.

It's funny how stupid you are. 

From posting videos of some Aussie guy omitting Brian Williams' on-air acknowledgement of his brain fart to screen caps illustrating almost the exact opposite of the point you're trying to make, your posting history is like a gif of Philip Seymour Hoffman going hard to the rim, completely unaware that all your misses count against you.

WHITE CHOCOLATE!!! *TOINK!*

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/489061-twitter-says-coronavirus-disinformation-spread-by-chinese-officials-does

Misinformation about the coronavirus spread by Chinese government officials does not violate Twitter's policies, a spokesperson for the company told The Hill Monday.

In particular, tweets from Lijian Zhao, an official spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, insinuating that the U.S. military may have spread the coronavirus to Wuhan, China, will remain up.

Twitter's spokesperson pointed to the company's position of giving public figures broad exemptions to many of its policies.

"Presently, direct interactions with fellow public figures, comments on political issues of the day, or foreign policy saber-rattling on economic or military issues are generally not in violation of the Twitter Rules," the site reads.

Twitter's decision not to take down the tweets implying that the disease, which originated in Wuhan, was brought by the U.S. has already drawn criticism.

"When Twitter goes so full Chinese propaganda that they’ve even lost The Daily Beast…" Donald Trump Jr., the president's son, wrote, quote-tweeting the outlet that first reported on the exemptions.

Twitter earlier this month expanded its rules around coronavirus misinformation to include a wider variety of content that could put people at risk of transmitting or contracting the disease.

The social media giant said it would require users to take down posts that deny expert recommendations, promote fake treatments and prevention techniques, or misleadingly claim to be from authorities. It also said it would take action against posts alleging that any particular group or nationality is more or less susceptible to coronavirus. 

The new policy has had mixed results so far.

In addition to the Chinese officials, public figures in the U.S. have also been allowed to get away with posting misinformation.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted that "kids are essentially immune" to the disease. While evidence suggests that children are at a reduced risk, thousands of them have still been infected. A 14-year-old in China has died from the disease, according to a study by Pediatrics.

Twitter chose not to remove the post, telling The Hill, "it doesn't violate our rules at this time."

Posted (edited)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/twitter-says-beijings-coronavirus-lies-are-just-fine

Coronavirus disinformation spread by senior Chinese government officials does not violate Twitter’s terms of service, a spokesperson for the company told The Daily Beast on Monday. 

The spokesperson pointed to language on its website that gives wide latitude to statements from government officials. “Presently,” the company says, “direct interactions with fellow public figures, comments on political issues of the day, or foreign policy saber-rattling on economic or military issues are generally not in violation of the Twitter Rules.” 

According to Twitter, that language applies to recent falsehoods related to the novel coronavirus shared widely by senior Chinese officials, including the top spokesman for the country’s ministry of foreign affairs and a number of Beijing’s ambassadors around the world. 

1151on1beytelman2.jpg

Edited by Thetexashammer

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I love this thread.  

i wonder how many views emaw, ert, tim, gets from spamming his videos here

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

i wonder how many views emaw, ert, tim, gets from spamming his videos here

None from me.  I just like seeing them post their far right youtube jerk off videos and thinking that we watch them.

I enjoy knowing they’re Qtards but are embarrassed to admit it. They think Tim Pool is going to be the subtle gateway to opening our minds to pedophile pizza tossers.

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion