UrbanAchiever

2019 Running / Triathlon Thread

23 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

Lack of updates tells me I ain’t the only one being a lazy fuck during all of this.  

I thought working from home would allow me to run more often. I was mistaken. 

Drinking has increased though 

23 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

Lack of updates tells me I ain’t the only one being a lazy fuck during all of this.  

I've actually started running during all of this.  Haven't ran in 10 years and am out of shape.  I'm about a week in.  Have been running 3 days off 1.  1 mile each day.  Today was the first day I stretched that to 1.25 miles.  Trying not to overdo it and hurt myself.  Fastest mile time was yesterday at 9 minutes and 20 seconds. 

I was thinking about signing up for a virtual 5k on April 25th to give me something to work for but I'm not sure I could go that far by then.  I know it all pales in comparison to what you guys train for but it's a start for me.

1 minute ago, txhorns said:

I've actually started running during all of this.  Haven't ran in 10 years and am out of shape.  I'm about a week in.  Have been running 3 days off 1.  1 mile each day.  Today was the first day I stretched that to 1.25 miles.  Trying not to overdo it and hurt myself.  Fastest mile time was yesterday at 9 minutes and 20 seconds. 

I was thinking about signing up for a virtual 5k on April 25th to give me something to work for but I'm not sure I could go that far by then.  I know it all pales in comparison to what you guys train for but it's a start for me.

You have to start somewhere. I respect anyone who is out there doing their thing. 

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I thought working from home would allow me to run more often. I was mistaken. 

Drinking has increased though 

I’ve been running 5 days a week but I have been running with a neighbor who is really slow but got me into running. So normally I run 3 miles with him at 10 minute miles and then try to do 3 more at my normal pace of 6:55 but it’s been a battle doing 7:10 miles. 

I have put on 5 pounds and been hitting the sauce regularly too right now. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, txhorns said:

gotta start somewhere.  congrats!

i was training for a marathon when the COVID hit, and my marathon got cancelled.  last long run i did was 18 miles.  i was feeling beat up already.  sciatic issues, glute pain, Baker's cyst on my right knee, calf pain the forced me to wear a compression sleeve for the first time.  i'm using this time to work on strengthening problem areas.  not much running.

Edited by Jive Turkey

I'm actually running almost every day and losing weight even with significantly increased drinking.  Been skipping breakfast and sometimes lunch, so that coupled with the stress of both of us working from home with 2 kids and not sleeping much...

I'm trying to keep the volume down otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd develop an overuse injury.

Running has picked up a little bit. Doing 40 miles a week which isn't typical volume unless it's into marathon training season. Trying to work on some speed and strength stuff. 

I haven't missed too much running. I actually ran a one man 5k the other morning. Mileage is steady 23-30 miles/week. I havent done any 10+ miles.

I've been training 2 sometimes 3 times a day lol,  this has put me far ahead in my planning.  IMNortCarolina70.3 is still on so far for October so Im still shooting for that.   Running in morning, and zwift during the afternoon,  did do my first out door bike yesterday with my new Assimo power meter pedals  love them.   Also found a Bay in Longbeach still open to swimming,  have to dress in your truck, get in water and swim and leave no standing around, so this week i did my first 1.2 mile swim in a month it was awful hahaha.  

but yeah this must be what its like to be a pro just train and email all day

I'm training not as much as I would like, since the kids are home now.  I still get in 12+ hours per week.  Last couple of days have been hard due to lack of sleep.  I let the family talk me into a puppy, FML.  I have a 10 yr old dog that just walks around and does nothing.  Now for the next 5-6 years I have to worry what the hell is this dog going to destroy.

Oceans are finally open. First open ocean swim today in 3-5 ft surf. It was fun working on getting out and so much more of a workout than swimming in the protected bay 

Oceans are finally open. First open ocean swim today in 3-5 ft surf. It was fun working on getting out and so much more of a workout than swimming in the protected bay 

Nice. Go get it!

I’ve had exactly 1 swim since mid-March.
Pools closed and I can’t bring myself to drive all the way to Conroe to swim with a small group of OpenWater/Tri folks. May try and make a drive down to Surfside next couple weekends just to get something in.

I've been working on a speed regimen for shorter distances since February, and I did a virtual 5K a couple weekends ago to just see where my fitness level was at. Clocked in at 17:55 which is about 90 seconds faster than my previous PR last fall.  I don't think I've registered sub 6 miles my entire life until now.