Game 16: Texas vs Texas Tech, 1 PM, LHN

Machinator

2 minutes ago, SDG said:

Honest question because I know almost nothing about BB.  Do we run plays or have an actual offense or do we just play pick up?  

Shaka doesn’t run plays but he has a “system.” It ultimately devolves into endless dribble handoffs around the perimeter accomplishing absolutely nothing.

this team would be better off if they just played pick up. That’s how bad the coaching is.

13 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Regardless of wins and losses this year, this is why i think Shaka is gone after this year. He just doesn't generate excitement with his style of play. That and you don't ask donors to give to a multi-million dollar basketball arena and give them this. He would have to go deep into March Madness, probably final 8, to survive. 

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Goddamn, how many tech fans are there? It soinds like a tech home game

if CDC doesn't see this whole thing as embarrassing as shit I'm not sure what to say.   The Andrew Jones situation better not matter one fucking bit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Regardless of wins and losses this year, this is why i think Shaka is gone after this year. He just doesn't generate excitement with his style of play. That and you don't ask donors to give to a multi-million dollar basketball arena and give them this. He would have to go deep into March Madness, probably final 8, to survive. 

That's kinda the problem; his stile op play that got him hired has been almost completely abandoned.  I was at VCU's run in SA and that team was good.   

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

I get that Texas fans suck at supporting the b-ball team but people who criticize Texas fans this year without leveling exponentially more criticism on Shaka for making this team so utterly awful to watch are fucking morons

it doesn't really matter.  we aren't a basketball school and any coach that comes here knows that. you win the fans come support.  you lose they don't.  you look like shit while losing they really don't.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SDG said:

That's kinda the problem; his stile op play that got him hired has been almost completely abandoned.  I was at VCU's run in SA and that team was good.   

This is the biggest mystery for me. Wish someone could explain it. Here's my great resume for why you should hire me, ok you're hired, don't do anything that got you hired,.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

We did feature starting lineups of Zach Smith, Evans, Hamilton, Stevenson, and Gray more than once IIRC.

Ok maybe... Smith wasn’t his former self all year. Stevenson and Gray over the other guys? Maybe On Senior night.

but to say t was a Senior heavy team is just patently false.

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Good job, Techsters. Will be rooting for y'all to end KU's stranglehold on the league.

Thanks.

we beatem at Referees help arena last year and still didn’t take the Big XII title  

Maybe this is the year.

Wreck em.

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

Ok maybe... Smith wasn’t his former self all year. Stevenson and Gray over the other guys? Maybe On Senior night.

but to say t was a Senior heavy team is just patently false.

Lol dude Stevenson and Gray started a lot. In fact, I'm pretty certain Gray started almost every game.

Beard is really good at utilizing his depth. His starting 5 rarely consists of the 5 best players on the team.

Edited by Brian Fantana

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lol dude Stevenson and Gray started a lot. In fact, I'm pretty certain Gray started almost every game.

so Zhaire Smith and Culver were very pedestrian...

Odiase didn't play critical minutes, nor did Francis.

All Seniors.

mkay.

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

so Zhaire Smith and Culver were very pedestrian...

Odiase didn't play critical minutes, nor did Francis.

All Seniors.

mkay.

Lol what? How can that be your take from what I posted? The dude said at times we started 5 seniors last season which is accurate. He wasn't starting Culver & Zhaire until much later on in the season. I just double checked and Gray started every single tournament game, and I'm nearly 100% certain that he started every single game of the season but I don't feel like checking them all.

Didn't watch a second.  See my fav player - DO - was 1-5 from the floor.  Did his shooting percentage for the year go up after that?  Just looked it up.  With this game, he's shooting below 40%.  Can someone please, PLEASE tell me how a 6'9" forward can possibly shoot less than 40% from the field?  There's no way this is possible.

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lol what? How can that be your take from what I posted? The dude said at times we started 5 seniors last season which is accurate. He wasn't starting Culver & Zhaire until much later on in the season. I just double checked and Gray started every single tournament game, and I'm nearly 100% certain that he started every single game of the season but I don't feel like checking them all.

Announcer made it sound as if Tech just started from scratch this year.

It's weird because of the 5th year transfers for this campaign, but they were seemingly a lot younger last year than now.

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Announcer made it sound as if Tech just started from scratch this year.

It's weird because of the 5th year transfers for this campaign, but they were seemingly a lot younger last year than now.

Can y’all just end this convo by agreeing that Galindo is a fucking retard midget douche?

Edited by Rockethorn1978

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Can y’all just end this convo by agreeing that Galindo is a fucking retard midget douche?

I just don't get the point of conference games being on the LHN. It's a lose lose for both schools from an exposure standpoint, less recruits get to see the games etc. Plus you get dumpster tier announcers that make your ears bleed. It's stupid.

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I just don't get the point of conference games being on the LHN. It's a lose lose for both schools from an exposure standpoint, less recruits get to see the games etc. Plus you get dumpster tier announcers that make your ears bleed. It's stupid.

It’s to pretend that the network can be a going concern.  So far ESPN has decided they don’t want to just kill it and buy out the contract.  So they put games on to appear to support it.  We agree to this for the same reason.  As to whether it really benefits the network that much I don’t know.  I do know I love LHN because I can watch UT shit that few others want to watch but I don’t like conference games being on it either.