If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Y'all listen to him on with Rhett Miller? The typewriter thing is not a bit. He didn't talk about pens and other writing implements on the show, but I'd bet he's got more than a few dollars wrapped up in them too. Said by a man that has spent some on getting just that pen because I fucking wanted it. And woe unto you if you take it from where it stays. It's just a plain old Parker jotter, but by God leave that mfer alone or put it back exactly where you got it.

It's cool to speculate on what they get paid, but I really don't care in the long run. If Jub Manor is out there in Argyle or Junior marries a TV hotty, well great. Earned it or not, that's what they can draw. Somebody out there is getting paid figuring out how to cut costs by firing people. those are the people I'll save my scorn for.

You have to consider a portion of their income is in tradeouts. They aren't buying new cars every year, but they get one from whatever dealer they do spots for. Same with other stuff like food. I guarantee you Dan has never spent a dime at Eatsies.

51 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Pretty sorry of Corby and Jake to skip out on the media party for Jason Isbell. It was Jake’s first chance to go to one but he followed his leader. 

Sorry to who?  The NFL?  Either Jake wanted to go to the concert over the party or he's too big of a bitch to tell Corby no.  Regardless I don't feel any sympathy for him.  

24 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Sorry to who?  The NFL?  Either Jake wanted to go to the concert over the party or he's too big of a bitch to tell Corby no.  Regardless I don't feel any sympathy for him.  

Sorry to the P1. The Ticket is always at its best when the gang is all together. The segments the day after the media party are always great. Robart? So it sucked that Jake and Snake weren’t there. But probably not as big a deal since Jub and Gordo also bailed due to Corona light. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Sorry to the P1. The Ticket is always at its best when the gang is all together. The segments the day after the media party are always great. Robart? So it sucked that Jake and Snake weren’t there. But probably not as big a deal since Jub and Gordo also bailed due to Corona light. 

Got it.  That's fair, I thought you were angling after the NFL puts on this party and it's disrespectful to blow it off.  

The best part about Jake (and everyone else that has sat in) on the Hardline is having Corby's normal segments taken away from him and giving to someone who actually prepares and isn't reading the article during the segment.

Typical Community Quick Hits segment:

Corby:  A McKinney woman was hit by a train this morning.
Danny:  Did she survive?
Corby:  Uuuuhhhhhh, hmmmmmm, let me seeee, uuuuuh, no she did not survive.
Danny:  How old was she?
Corby:  Welllllllll, she was..... uhhhhhhh, hmmmmmm, she was 54.
Danny:  Did she have a family?
Corby:  Uuuuhhhhhhh...........................................................

22 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It's called the way it is.

Buying a profitable company and then bleeding it dry to later sell off the carcass seems, oh I don't know,  predatory? 

Edit. If that's what happens to Whataburger I'm sure you'll be accepting of it. 

Edited by cactusflinthead

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I see the opposite all the time. Companies running way too high of G&A that need to let people go to survive. Regardless, it was odd to go from the money the on air talent makes to this topic. Weird tangential leap. 

Not really. Last few pages have been speculation on how much on air talent is getting paid and the comparison of what the other staff makes that keeps them on the air. Especially in light of ESPN cutting vast amounts of talent and then turning around to pay other talent more than what they cut. It's fine to cut costs, but if you do so much cutting that you run off the workers that keep the lights on for the benefit of a few higher ups it's not sustainable. I'm seeing it in my job and sector. The radio business has the same problem. If Jake wasn't able to work at a shitty salary because his wife is bringing home the cash he'd never have gotten the job with Corby because he'd be somewhere else.

Edited by cactusflinthead