Texas @ Oklahoma State series

Machinator

12 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

A Texas baseball team should never look like this. Starting to think a complete program enema may be in order if things don’t change by this time next season. 

Hang in there..... season not over yet.

Most didn't think the 2018 Team would win the regional with A&M....

2018 Horns went on to win both that regional and the Super Regional to get to Omaha!!

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

2018 Horns went on to win both that regional and the Super Regional to get to Omaha!!

Well we were B12 Champs last year.  We're going to be lucky to be .500 in conference this year.

But yeah, gonna need to see some more production from these Frosh and next years, than Reagan, Kennedy, Ford, and Peter.  Peter seems promising. The rest are a mixed bag or bad.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, Texas Baseball looked quite a bit like this or worse several seasons in the late Augie tenure.  Let me remind you that we lost every conference series in 2013.

It's more normal over the last 5-10 years than abnormal, really.

Pretty much my point. Been happening way to long to resemble what our baseball team should look like. The most frustrating part is I see way more fundamental execution issues than there should be. Hopefully this crew will get it together, and I still have some confidence left that they will eventually. If these are growing pains as Pierce builds the team and program back that’s one thing, but there are also a lot of  wtf moments happening currently that need to be addressed.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well we were B12 Champs last year.  We're going to be lucky to be .500 in conference this year.

But yeah, gonna need to see some more production from these Frosh and next years, than Reagan, Kennedy, Ford, and Peter.  Peter seems promising. The rest are a mixed bag.

Kennedy can hit.  Ford has spurts where he seems like he is about to break out.   Reagan is young... we have been spoiled by the glove of Hamilton.

Hamilton has been, thus far, the best defensive shortstop ever for Texas.

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah I’ll never give up on our team. I just want to see improvement on the stupid mistakes and execution.

• Like 1

Look I understand not being able to hit or pitch well, being young and all of that.  I don't understand not being able to show any semblance of knowledge of the fundamentals of the game.  I don't understand every player regressing from the year before.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Look I understand not being able to hit or pitch well, being young and all of that.  I don't understand not being able to show any semblance of knowledge of the fundamentals of the game.  I don't understand every player regressing from the year before.

2018 Squad Leaders??  Kody, Kingham, Shugart, McKenzie, DJ, and Hamilton.  More dawgs in this group than the entire current 2019 squad.

Not sure who the leaders are supposed to be amongst the current squad.... BUT Some current player leadership needs to step up BIG TIME!!!

• Like 1

Pierce is struggling to find any kind of combination of player to put on the field to be successful.  Of course, he is limited on players he can call up, and the players he does use, for "some" reason, are not performing well, whether from lack of experience, skill, or coaching.  Players are scared or timid or just not confident of their abilities.  Many appear not to have any coaching, fundamentals, or is it just a lack of skills?   I do know that Pierce is responsible for the product we see.  It is ugly....that's for sure, and not what we expect of a UT baseball team....we're too good to look like this...just not acceptable.

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I know...and that's what makes this year so distasteful and disappointing.

Agree they have been disappointing since TCU.....  Big 12 is crazy this year!

Updated Standings.....

Big 12 Overall
Team Record Pct Record Pct
Baylor 9-3 .750 26-10 .722
Oklahoma State 8-5 .615 23-13 .639
Oklahoma 6-6 .500 25-13 .658
West Virginia 6-6 .500 22-13 .629
TCU 5-5 .500 22-14 .611
Texas Tech 6-7 .462 23-13 .639
Texas  5-7 .417 24-16 .600
Kansas State 4-6 .400 18-21 .462
Kansas 4-8 .333 19-16 .543

Injuries, youth, and losing Clemens and the pitchers we did have contributed to our shitiness. Many thought this year was going to be a step back in terms of record. That said, two things are very worrisome and can’t be rationalized away:

1) almost every returning player has seen a decline in their batting average and fielding percentage. These are systemic problems that point to coaching. 

2) we seem to be getting worse as the season goes on. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Horn80 said:

You must have not been watch us much.

True, but you probably haven't watched us much either.  Last Friday night we set a team record for most HRs in a game (12) and then went out and got our asses beat by KU two straight to lose the series.  Before that, we lost the WVU series.  We aren't very good.  I know a lot of people here are down on the team but today and tomorrow should make you feel better about them.  

24 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

True, but you probably haven't watched us much either.  Last Friday night we set a team record for most HRs in a game (12) and then went out and got our asses beat by KU two straight to lose the series.  Before that, we lost the WVU series.  We aren't very good.  I know a lot of people here are down on the team but today and tomorrow should make you feel better about them.  

I hope you're right. It feels like a must win for Texas but so was game 3 vs KState last weekend (they got shut out by an avg pitcher)

Getting shut out by an average pitcher has become a recurring theme.  It reminds me of the last few Augie years, but even worse. I don't give a shit about batting average, but more advanced stats point in the same abysmal direction.  We currently sport a team OPS (on-base plus slugging) of .701.  That's pathetic.  Only two guys are slugging over .400 (Kennedy & Todd), and just barely.  

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

We should still get more than one iffy hit against an “above average” pitcher.

its a theme

its not just one rough game

Sadly this seems to be the case. Well, it’s a new day. Let’s see if we can wash that stink off from last night 

6 minutes ago, zork said:

yep.  don't get that via psu vue.  i do get fox sports sw+ which is what was advertised as the channel.  nope.

I have psvue..... Watching for free on FoxSports App using code from psvue.

Maybe you can watch on FoxSports App too??