2019 NCAA Regionals

Lot of chatter Frogs are going to save Lodolo for Saturday.  If true, bold move with Cal throwing Jared Horn.  That was going to be a hell of a matchup.  Of course, Williamson is good too and like you said house money and all.

What will be interesting to watch is if TCU loses to Cal and Arkansas beats Central Connecticut, will Schloss hold Lodolo again for game 3 with the risk that he never plays his best player?

I don’t know much about Cal other than they have the best college player in the nation (Vaughn). If this Horn guy is a true ace, probably have to pitch Lodlollo.

With King and Williamson you have no idea what you are getting.

20 hours ago, Okie State said:

A&M isn't in our Regional.

Furk I got yours and WVA's mixed up.  They still won't get out of that Regional.  So much sec sec sec going on in the tournament I forgot where they got placed.  My bad.

• Like 1

I just ventured over to texags and learned that the selection committee was totally dominated by Del Conte whose only goals were to undercut the SEC in general and aggy specifically and to glorify the "very weak" Big 12.  

I don't know why I subject myself to that shit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HoustonFrog said:

If this Horn guy is a true ace, probably have to pitch Lodlollo.

With King and Williamson you have no idea what you are getting.

It is all about matchups and Schloss knows,   but normally only the #1 seed has the luxury of starting their #2 guy in game 1.   

TCU is healthy (best this year), relaxed, and dangerous.    Concern is their fielding (.960).      Henry needs to get his game on at 2B.    Good Luck !    

I just ventured over to texags and learned that the selection committee was totally dominated by Del Conte whose only goals were to undercut the SEC in general and aggy specifically and to glorify the "very weak" Big 12.  
They're so unbelievably delusional it's impossible to comprehend.

They're so unbelievably delusional it's impossible to comprehend.

When I joined TOS back in like 2010, I knew Aggie had some goofy faggatronics but the sheer depth of delusion a large part of their fan base has, has become crystal clear to me over the decade.

They’re perfect for the SEC

1 of 1
You have to love their predictability. Best 2 loss team, best 2 seed, best team to miss the cut...aggy ability to recalibrate and judge themselves the best loser at any and all levels of failure is fascinating.

Best 2 seed in the nation?

A bright side in all this is it appears nobody wants to host our pitching staff. A lot of internet chatter is saying so...

7 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Lot of chatter Frogs are going to save Lodolo for Saturday.  If true, bold move with Cal throwing Jared Horn.  That was going to be a hell of a matchup.  Of course, Williamson is good too and like you said house money and all.

What will be interesting to watch is if TCU loses to Cal and Arkansas beats Central Connecticut, will Schloss hold Lodolo again for game 3 with the risk that he never plays his best player?

I like the move.  I think more #2 and #3 seeds should do this.  You're in the same spot if you lose game 1 or game 2.  The goal is to win the regional, not the first game.  Save your ace for a potential matchup with the #1 knowing that it reduces your chances of winning game 1.  

And yeah, if I was Schloss and started Williamson against Cal and lost, I would pitch King in game 2 against Central Connecticut (assuming they lose to Arkansas).  They are one of the worst teams to make the tournament.  I'd hold Lodolo for game 3 (unless Central Conn upsets Arkansas and TCU faces an 0-1 Arkansas in game 2).  If Lodolo never plays, oh well, we tried to win the regional that we probably shouldn't have been in, and Lodolo will have to console himself with being a top 10 pick in the draft.

11 minutes ago, CDAK said:

I like the move.  I think more #2 and #3 seeds should do this.  You're in the same spot if you lose game 1 or game 2.  The goal is to win the regional, not the first game.  Save your ace for a potential matchup with the #1 knowing that it reduces your chances of winning game 1.  

And yeah, if I was Schloss and started Williamson against Cal and lost, I would pitch King in game 2 against Central Connecticut (assuming they lose to Arkansas).  They are one of the worst teams to make the tournament.  I'd hold Lodolo for game 3 (unless Central Conn upsets Arkansas and TCU faces an 0-1 Arkansas in game 2).  If Lodolo never plays, oh well, we tried to win the regional that we probably shouldn't have been in, and Lodolo will have to console himself with being a top 10 pick in the draft.

I agree, but coaches are notoriously overly risk averse.  I remember the year we rested our ace in the first game against St John's in the Rice regional and lost.  We played some shit team like Sam Houston or someone the next game and started our ace.  We scored 3 in the top of the 1st and still trotted Ruffin out for a 1-2-3 inning.  Then we scored 9 in the top of the second and wasted Ruffin for 7 innings.  

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I agree, but coaches are notoriously overly risk averse.  I remember the year we rested our ace in the first game against St John's in the Rice regional and lost.  We played some shit team like Sam Houston or someone the next game and started our ace.  We scored 3 in the top of the 1st and still trotted Ruffin out for a 1-2-3 inning.  Then we scored 9 in the top of the second and wasted Ruffin for 7 innings.  

I wish we could trot Elder, Henley, then whomever in game one anywhere.  mecry.gif  Fuckthisshit.gif

17 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

i do it on a daily basis. 

It is all about matchups and Schloss knows,   but normally only the #1 seed has the luxury of starting their #2 guy in game 1.   
TCU is healthy (best this year), relaxed, and dangerous.    Concern is their fielding (.960).      Henry needs to get his game on at 2B.    Good Luck !    

Henry is the worst 2B since Chuck Knoblauch

16 hours ago, Homercles said:

When I joined TOS back in like 2010, I knew Aggie had some goofy faggatronics but the sheer depth of delusion a large part of their fan base has, has become crystal clear to me over the decade.

They’re perfect for the SEC

As hard as this is to comprehend, I think you're being unfair to the SEC.  Of course, they probably fit there as well as anywhere, but aggy is only perfect for other aggy.  

Edited by Go Pokes

We really need to get our shit together.  This used to be one of my favorite weekends of the year.  The 10 years from 2002-2011, we had 8 regionals at the Disch and that one at Round Rock.  Last year we finally got another one and now we're back in the desert.

11 hours ago, WBT said:

We really need to get our shit together.  This used to be one of my favorite weekends of the year.  The 10 years from 2002-2011, we had 8 regionals at the Disch and that one at Round Rock.  Last year we finally got another one and now we're back in the desert.

Yeah. This decade has sucked outside of 2011, 2014, and 2018. Texas is ruining all of my June traditions.

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’m not even paying any attention to it. The only information I know about is what I read in this thread and for the first time I can remember I probably won’t watch any of the playoffs or CWS. I’m in complete bummed out mode.

That sucks man.  The CWS is such a cool event.  While it is always more enjoyable when your team is in it and expected to do well it is still a fun event to enjoy.  But I can totally understand this sentiment.  You can always root against aggy.

2 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

That sucks man.  The CWS is such a cool event.  While it is always more enjoyable when your team is in it and expected to do well it is still a fun event to enjoy.  But I can totally understand this sentiment.  You can always root against aggy.

While obviously I'd prefer Texas to be there every year, I actually had a little more fun going to Omaha when Texas wasn't there. No games to stress over, just drink and gamble and buy the cheapest possible reserved ticket to each game. Good times. 

31 May schedule for B12 teams.   Link has complete  schedule.    Note that all B12 teams are relegated to ESPN3.    For some reason,  aggy game at Morgantown on ESPN2.   eff ESPN.

Friday, May 31
Game 1: (3) Loyola Marymount vs. (2) Baylor, 4 p.m., ESPN3
Game 2: (4) Omaha vs. (1) UCLA, 10 p.m., ESPN3

Friday, May 31
Game 1: (4) Army vs. (1) Texas Tech, 4 p.m., ESPN3
Game 2: (3) Florida vs. (2) Dallas Baptist, 8 p.m., ESPN3

Friday, May 31
Game 1: (3) Duke vs. (2) Texas A&M, 4 p.m., ESPN2
Game 2: (4) Fordham vs. (1) West Virginia, 8 p.m., ESPN3

Friday, May 31
Game 1: (3) Nebraska vs. (2) UConn, 1 p.m., ESPN3
Game 2: (4) Harvard vs. (1) Oklahoma State, 7 p.m., ESPN3

Friday, May 31
Game 1: (4) Central Connecticut State vs. (1) Arkansas, 2 p.m., ESPN3
Game 2: (3) TCU vs. (2) California, 7 p.m., ESPN3

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/page/19baseballsked/2019-ncaa-baseball-tournament-schedule-results

44 minutes ago, torre said:

31 May schedule for B12 teams.   Link has complete  schedule.    Note that all B12 teams are relegated to ESPN3.    For some reason,  aggy game at Morgantown on ESPN2.   eff ESPN.

Friday, May 31
Game 1: (3) Loyola Marymount vs. (2) Baylor, 4 p.m., ESPN3
Game 2: (4) Omaha vs. (1) UCLA, 10 p.m., ESPN3

Friday, May 31
Game 1: (4) Army vs. (1) Texas Tech, 4 p.m., ESPN3
Game 2: (3) Florida vs. (2) Dallas Baptist, 8 p.m., ESPN3

Friday, May 31
Game 1: (3) Duke vs. (2) Texas A&M, 4 p.m., ESPN2
Game 2: (4) Fordham vs. (1) West Virginia, 8 p.m., ESPN3

Friday, May 31
Game 1: (3) Nebraska vs. (2) UConn, 1 p.m., ESPN3
Game 2: (4) Harvard vs. (1) Oklahoma State, 7 p.m., ESPN3

Friday, May 31
Game 1: (4) Central Connecticut State vs. (1) Arkansas, 2 p.m., ESPN3
Game 2: (3) TCU vs. (2) California, 7 p.m., ESPN3

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/page/19baseballsked/2019-ncaa-baseball-tournament-schedule-results

ESPN and ESPN II have important shit to show

2z8waiu.png

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 6:25 PM, Dirk X West said:

Who remembers when LSwho got swept by the crappiest team in the very weak Big 12?

Nebraska (3) takes down UConn (2) 8-5 in opener of OKC regional. Holliday says we are throwing our ace Jensen for Harvard...his rationale is that you always play to win the first game, which I get, but I would like to think another arm could get the job done. Remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Nebraska (3) takes down UConn (2) 8-5 in opener of OKC regional. Holliday says we are throwing our ace Jensen for Harvard...his rationale is that you always play to win the first game, which I get, but I would like to think another arm could get the job done. Remains to be seen.

Ivy League champs have historically not been automatic walkovers.

26 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Ideally we can take control and relieve him before his pitch count gets too high. Unlikely though. As was said, the Ivy League teams often punch above their weight. 

34 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Wow, UConn had 19 hits and only 5 runs to lose. That's pretty impressive.

43 minutes ago, Homercles said:

When I saw your post,  thought  wtf...   then checked stats.

Harvard is hitting .285 with  44 HRs.  Nebraska .256 with 33 HRs.   Nebraska made the tournament by going to the finals of the B10 Tournament.   And as BV states,  Ivy League plays well in the tournament.

Below link is a summary of the Regional.      C'mon Josh,   pulllin' for you.   Don't blow it.     😊

https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2019/5/30/18645704/know-your-opponent-stillwater-okc-regional-ncaa-baseball-regionals-huskies-huskers-crimson-okstate