Tankers Afire in Gulf of Oman

RomaVicta

190613092834-gulf-of-oman-attack-video-a

190613111521-20190613-gulf-of-oman-tease

Thanks to Fozz for pointing this out in the Trump thread in CR.

Apparently the tankers were hit by some sort of "shell" whose source is unknown at the moment. At least one of the tankers is Japanese. The Japanese Prime Minister, Abe, is either in Iran or has only just left which would make the attack on odd move for Iran.

The crews have been rescued.

Somebody is trying to stir something up.

CNN

Just now, crash_davis said:

drive up the price of oil.  drive animosity towards iran securing sale of arms to saudia arabia.  russia via iran is stiring up the pot because putin just wants the world to burn and trump will be his bitch.

what else do we go?

He doesn't want it to burn, he just wants it to have nasty urinary tract infection.  That doesn't really mess with his money making activities. Worlds burning hurts everyone.

coincidence?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/13/opec-oil-output-falls-to-5-year-low-in-may-group-warns-of-weak-demand.html

“Throughout the first half of this year, ongoing global trade tensions have escalated, threatening to spill over, and geo-political risks remained in many key regions,” OPEC said. “This has resulted in a slowdown in global economic activities, and weaker growth in global oil demand, both compared to a year earlier.”

The group now expects global oil demand to grow by 1.14 million bpd in 2019, slightly lower than its last forecast. OPEC expects producers outside the group to hike output by 2.14 million bpd this year, meaning supply growth will swamp the rise in demand.

Concerns about softening demand have pushed oil prices to five-month lows, but crude futures rose about 3% on Thursday on reports of tanker attacks in the Gulf of Oman.

What a big surprise.  That country that Israel hates has committed an unprovoked attack on...Jap....I mean, the United States of America!

Let's all sign up for military service and spend/borrow billions of dollars from the banks to fight a war in Iran now...because this happened.  

Please , please, I hope the legitimate posters on this site can see this for what it is.

Edited by Monster

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

Lach-Current-MBS.jpg

Let's see...what country out there really wants the US to get into a war with Iran?   Hmm...it's on the tip of my tongue....

cuRchbC.jpg

This is Benjamin Netanyahu, prime minister of Israel, in case you couldn't tell.

Edited by Monster

34 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Pompeo blames Iran, cites intelligence, doesn't elaborate.

Wait....I thought the American Intelligence Apparatus was "the Deep State," and cannot be trusted.

Which is it, Trumpkins?

4 minutes ago, Monster said:

What a big surprise.  That country that Israel hates has committed an unprovoked attack on the United States of America! 

Let's all sign up for military service and spend/borrow billions of dollars from the banks to fight a war in Iran now...because this happened.  

Please , please, I hope the legitimate posters on this site can see this for what it is.

Oh....wait...it's this.  It's just naked lies to wag the dog.

It's not even a credible lie.  Why in the fucking blue hell would Iran attack western tankers, KNOWING that it would be a provoke devastating military action against it?  At this point, the most likely country NOT to have attacked those tankers is Iran (I mean, maybe Luxembourg is slightly more likely to be absolved, but only slightly).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's not even a credible lie.  Why in the fucking blue hell would Iran attack western tankers, KNOWING that it would be a provoke devastating military action against it?  At this point, the most likely country NOT to have attacked those tankers is Iran (I mean, maybe Luxembourg is slightly more likely to be absolved, but only slightly).

that's what they want you to think.  or is it, that's what they want you to think?

Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

Now THAT is how you conspiracy theory right there!

....but it's not a bad one.  If you start with the query of cui bono ("who benefits?").....there's really no conclusion other than to realize that every American military action starting with the first Gulf War has been the work of Lee Greenwood.

"This assessment is based on intelligence, the weapons used, the level of expertise needed to execute the operation, recent similar Iranian attacks on shipping, and the fact that no proxy group operating in the area has the resources and proficiency to act with such a high degree of sophistication." - Pompeo

What other recent attacks have been proven to be Iranian attacks Mr. Secretary? Attaching limpet mines to a ship's hull while in port does not need a ton of sophistication. This whole ordeal reeks.

4 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Chinese playing the long game. Single shot to a tanker in the gulf?  That’s for Nanjing bitches. 

most likely not china.  they're paying higher crude prices now.

my guess is the saudis or russians.  they profit from higher oil prices and get to blame iran.  win/win.